Search results

1. D

Replacement: Eos R or 5D Mark IV again?

Hi Guys! I had an backpack incident on Monday (silly, as I´m looking for an new one). The result is an heavily damaged 5DIV. It is not repairable (CPS). I do not want to spend the money for an 1DXII as an successor might be coming in one year, so I will stay with the 5D class. My question...
  2. D

I need an new xl backpack

Hi Guys! I´ve started looking for an new xl sized backpack. My equipment for wildlife: 600mm L II, 100-400 L, 2 bodies, two smaller lenses, an flash and an extender to carry. And some food. Oh, yes and an tripod My long time used Tamrac expedition 9 has been "retired" by my dog. :rolleyes...
  3. D

Question: Electronic View Finder brightness Canon Ros R

Hi Guys! How bright is the Electronic View Finder of the EOS R comapered with the Sony Alpha 7 III? In bright light, the Electronic View Finder of the Sony Alpha 7 III is very dark and all colurs seem to be grey&blueish for me. Is the EOS R Electronic View Finder better working in bright light...
  4. D

Question on RF 24-105 vs EF 24-105 II, adapters and on BG-22

Hi Guys! Some questions on the new stuff from Canon. Do you know, if the RF version of the 24-105 is optically better than the EF II version? Should I sell the EF 24-105 II and fetch the RF version? Do you know, if I can use the 52mm polarizer from my 500mm II in the drop in filter of the...
  5. D

Using off camera Canon speedlights with Sony camera

Hi Guys! My daughter ordered an Sony A7 III these days. One thing, she is interested in, is making portraits in the nature with three or four speedlightes. Normally she used my Canon equipment for it, but she wanted an Sony. Do you know, if it is possible to use my Canon 600 RT flash and three...
  6. D

Which body for timelapse videos?

Hi guys! I hope this is the right sub-forum to post in for this topic. I´m trying a lot as my children grow up and I´ve a lot of sparetime now ;D ;D ;D 8) So, to do something new - I saw some stunning timelapse videos. I was told to buy an timelapse slider to create some movement. Yesssss...
  7. D

Advice needed: Sony body working on canon lenses?

Hi Guys! Can you give me some advice please. Out of guaranteetime, the sensor of my 7D Mk II has been broken and needs an expensive repair. I saved some money and I am looking for an replacement for my second body. I am happy with my 5D MK IV, but for birding, the higher fps of the 7DII have...
  8. D

New Lightroom very slow - advice needed?

Hi Guys! I´ve updated Lightroom on the newest version (not the cloud one), and it told me, that it is much faster. But on our Personal Computer (i7700, 32GB, 1070 GTX card), it slows down. It takes about 3 hours to import 1500 shots in Raw (5DIV) and generare 1:1 previews. More than twice the...
  9. D

M5 or XT-2 for hiking?

Hi Guys! Autumn is coming, so hiking season will start soon. As I have to carry a lot of things for my children, I need an lighter MLS system. The 5D MKIV combined with 16-35mm and 24-105mm lenses, a lot of weight to carry. I need this camera for shots at hiking (landscape), without an tripod...
  10. D

Do you recommend the 5DSR for birding?

Hi Guys! Can you tell me, if the AF speed of the 5DSR is fast enough for birding? Is it much slower than the Af of the 5D Mk IV I own? Do you recommend it for nature photography? I am looking for an 5DSR or 6D MK II for birding and nature photography.
  11. D

The highend comparison ;-)

Michael the Maven posted an youtube video on an comparison of the highend bodies. Interestingly the Sony A9 performed superior to the other bodies in some aspects. I would like to see this features in my Canon bodies too. As he said, sony lists to its customers. I do not think Canon or Nikon...
  12. D

Lightroom CC: HDR problems - alternative software wanted

Hi guys! I´m not satisfied with the HDR function of Liughtroom CC. The pictures look like, there are a lot of picture-information lost and some look blurry. (In Canon DPP this phenomenon does not appear). Which alternative software would you prefer? Easy HDR? I do HDR with 5-7 shots, Eos 5D...
  13. D

In search of an remote trigger for 5D Mark IV

Hi guys! Another question please: Which remote trigger to buy for long exposure landscape shots for my 5D IV? Should be programmable (bulb, time lapse,...) and should have an illuminated screen. Nice to have, no must: wireless (but then, it should work with the internal communication of the...
  14. D

In search of an ~50mm faster prime lens

Hi Guys! I´m lacking of an about 50mm prime lens that is, or is faster than f1.8 with an good image quality for my Eos 5D Mark IV. Preferred with an image stabilizer. Pricing not higher than 1200€. An german shop offers the Tamron SP 1,8/45 mm Di VC USD Canon EF lens at 500€, thats 150€ off...
  15. D

I need an long plate & lens holder

Hi Guys! I am struggling with stabilisation problems with my new equipment. I´m an proud owner of an Eos 5D Mark 4 and an 600mm L II IS 4.0 lens and Gitzo and Sachtler tripod&head. Many of you recommended this equipment. The problem are vibrations at filming. I looked this probelm up in the...
  16. D

Looking for an Camo tent for birding

Hi! Which camouflaged tent do you use for birding of wildlife? I ordered an "doghouse", but the material quality was not satisfying. Very thin plastic fabric, which broke after the first turn. I need an 2 person tent, that is about or higher than 160cm and is coated dark inside. Oh, and it...
  17. D

Help needed: Af settings on 5D Mark IV for surrounding birds in flight

Hi Guys! I have purchased an 5D Mark IV (10-400mm L IS II and 500mm L IS II 4.0) and now trying to learn to use all the new features properly. In the last days I tried to shoot a lot of birds that were flying in a swarm arround me (seagulls, ducks...) at an varying distance (2-50m). It was hard...
  18. D

Rogue FlashBender 2 - XL Pro question of weight

Hi! In winter it is the time to shoot indoors. So, blowing up my equipment is needed. For my small working room, a second softbox would not work well, so I found the Rogue FlashBender 2 - XL Pro Lighting System in the world wide web. My question: Is an speedlite able to carry its weight? And is...
  19. D

Sync problem with EX550 and Yongnou YN-E3-RX

Hi Guys! I´m quite happy with my new flash-trigger-system from Yongnuo. I ordered two cheap RT-600 and the YN-E3-RT to guide them. I ordered some YN-E3-RX receivers for my older flashes too. With the Nissin 866II, the YN-E3-RX works well. But I have an issue with the older Canon 550EX flash...
  20. D

Flash triggers with remote adjustment - Yongnou 622?

Hi Guys! As many of you wrote to get used to light, I was working on this skill intensively. Therefore I bought an lighting-umbrella and an softbox for flashes. I use flash triggers from Yongnou RF-602/C and RF-602TX to trigger my two of my flashes. This works, but it is inconvenient to change...