Search results

1. A

Patent: Canon working on lens cap technology!

No problem here, minimal if any problems with flaring and such. I do keep a hoya HD UV filter on everything for protection. Always switching lenses as I prefer primes, and just cant coordinate hoods.
  2. A

Thats a perfectly valid point to the robustness and reliability of this particular device. All of those little pieces, yikes. I for one just cram my 70+mm lenscaps in my back pocket or they just get pulled off in my thinktank bag when I'm getting the camera out. Lens hoods stay at home, too clunky.
  3. A

I'm really and truly not being sarcastic, stuff like the power zoom base, lightweight 10-18 STM, miniaturized full frame RP, miniaturized high feature M50 which is wildly popular, etc. show that Canon is thinking about this differently. We here do hope that they give technical performance a...
  4. A

Stuff like this does show that Canon is still fundamentally brainstorming new tweaks and features to make a better picture more convenient or at least make a dedicated camera more convenient to the masses.
  5. A

The same, actually. . :p
  6. A

Patent: Lots of optical formula lens patents for the RF mount

Goddess of Mercy, us Canon users can use a bit of mercy.
  7. A

Is a brand new 32.5mp APS-C sensor from Canon on the way? [CR1]

Assuming there is a single camera user left on planet mfk'in earth after the next wave of Sony derangement syndrome hits this fall with the A7S-3.
  8. A

The next EOS R system camera gets a mention again [CR1]

Or a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk with the Hellcat powertrain
  9. A

Patent: Apodisation lenses, including the RF 85mm f/1.2L DS

I just hope canon is cooking up something solid for the $3000+ camera body to accompany these cray cray lenses. Heavy, powerful, expensive, fast. That the first RF 50mm is a F1.2 and L is just strange. I wonder if they are retooling their semiconductor production for the next generation sensor...
  10. A

Patent: Apodisation lenses, including the RF 85mm f/1.2L DS

The EOS RP was made for an inexpensive pancake lens to go with that tiny frame. Canon's lens rollout is just fascinatingly amusing. Such powerful glass to serve as a statement of intent. Will the next and true EOS R please stand up!
  11. A

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III field testing has begun [CR2]

On my 5D4, I use single point or 5 point spread to good effect (and much more accurate and reliable than the 5D3). If the subject moves around rapidly, then its lost. The D850's intelligent tracking could save a situation like this. Subject tracking would certainly open up some possiblities and...
  12. A

If its that good, I do wish the chasm between it and the 5D were as narrow as that between, say, the D5 and lower nikon dSLR series. I've tried a D850's AF, its just too good but im not letting go of my EF 50mm F1.2 for it.
  13. A

Canon AF on all fronts is behind the competition; I hope this tide turns. AF is what put them on top way back.
  14. A

What’s next for the Canon EOS R system and the rest of the lineup?

Canon really should have released an RF 50mm F1.8 alongside the new RF50 F1.2L; would have matched so well to the RP
  15. A

Canon, Canon Canon….. Please help the video stars

We can all agree; the RF launch is peculiarly out of sync. Superlative lenses ready for press duty on top of compact sub-pro bodies just seems strange. Its as if they are preparing the stage frantically for something incredible to truly harness the 28-70 F2 and 50 F1.2. Some more F1.8s and a...
  16. A

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

When the leak was fresh, I desperately googled it hoping for some indication of IBIS. What a realization!
  17. A

A premium L class pancake. That would be a super sweet travel camera. But would the compromises of a pancake ever allow one to L?
  18. A

The internet has been won this hour
  19. A

May be the last of the EF series to go indeed. Many wonder if there will be a 5DV or 5DX. I was really hoping for a 5D4 beating R body to begin selling off some EF lenses and get the new 50/1.2. Eh, this camera has been so good to me that its not nice to talk about selling it.
  20. A

Another Canon EOS R series body mentioned [CR2]

We can go have a post somwhere else then Good idea. I used to mess with rocks and stuff on some tables against the house less than 10 ft away from the feeders just to turn around and realize the birds had all returned to eating and had completely ignored me. Of course I hadn't a camera with...