Search results

1. S

The follow-up to the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II may come in 2019 [CR2]

True! Still, i crop most of my work. In a way so it can be even more cropped ;)
  2. S

The follow-up to the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II may come in 2019 [CR2]

FYI, i write this with 10 years of experience shooting sports. That includes the EURO2016 and the recent FIFA WC in Russia. (Some sample images and tear sheet from the recent WC can be found here: https://agency.jkpg-sports.photo/index/G0000FrucfpGrwrQ ) I would like to say that the...
  3. S

Canon USA: Canon Professional Services

I´ve covered some of these really big sports events where both Canon and Nikon offers both service and loaners. This is offered inside the working areas for media. A place you won't get even close to without the proper accreditation (a.k.a. "credential"). I.E. It´s only available for people that...
  4. S

Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III one of two “Big White Lenses” coming ahead of Photokina [CR3]

You got a valid point there. We will have to wait and see what the official announcement will say.
  5. S

Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III one of two “Big White Lenses” coming ahead of Photokina [CR3]

Nikon upgraded their 200-400/4 to a 180-400/4, added a built-in TC, and made it lighter at the same time. That said, I would personally prefer a "heavier and bigger" lens with a built-in TC, than one without. And, as You understand. I do really see a possibility to have a built-in TC and reduce...
  6. S

It would make the lens more versatile. And Canon would be the only manufacturer to have a 400/2,8 with a built-in TC.
  7. S

The keyword here is "rumor". And I will for sure not take anything for granted until we receive official information on this topic. Canon introduced the built-in TC in their 200-400 that was released in 2013. (After they changed the construction. They shoved a prototype in 2011). The 400/2,8L...
  8. S

Nikon recently released an "upgraded" 200-400/4 which is a 180-400/4, built in a TC and made it lighter at the same time. If canon will release a new 400/2,8 without a built-in TC. I will be seriously disappointed. I would, seriously, prefer a lens a bit bigger, and a little bit heavier, with a...
  9. S

This kind of lenses takes a really long time to develop. I can't see that Canon cares about weight only that much. Just because of what some other brand is doing.
  10. S

More Mentions of a Canon Mirrorless Announcement Ahead of Photokina [CR1]

I´m for sure interested in that. Plan to get a new 400/2,8 in a pretty close time range. Please, please, please give us a 400/2,8 with a built in TC. And I will for sure buy it as soon as I can.
  11. S

A Bit More About the New “Big White” Lenses Coming from Canon [CR3]

I´ve been thinking a lot about this "mount subject". Especially since there is a patent for what I like to call an "EF mkII communication protocol". As of today EF lenses are fully compatible with EF-s bodies. I.E. EF and EF-s mounts, use the same "pinning" and the same communication protocol...
  12. S

White Counting at World Cup Final

You can find more than 9000 in Getty images archive here: https://www.gettyimages.se/search/2/image?editorialproducts=sport&events=775138004&family=editorial&sort=best#license
  13. S

Re: A Bit More About the New \ The EF mount uses a serial interface. To make it a little bit simplified. It uses one pin for all communication from the body to the lens. And another pin for all communication from the lens to the body. (You can find a longer description here...
  14. S

Re: A Bit More About the New Big White Lenses That Are Coming Thanks for sharing Your knowledge on this! FYI, I have a degree as a "service engineer". Which means I studied analog and digital electronics for three years about 30 years ago. Enough for me to get a deeper understanding of that...
  15. S

A Little Bit More About the New 70-200mm Lenses That Are Coming [CR1]

If they will be officially released in early June. There will for sure be "loaners" for accreditated photographers to use.
  16. S

Patent: Lots of Big White Lens Patent Applications Surface

I would absolutely love to see a 400/2,8 with a built in 1,4 TC. Considering the 200-400 with a built in TC. It would be a logical update to the 400/2,8L IS II. To me it would be perfect for soccer/football. With both the Olympic games and the Fifa world cup i´m pretty sure that we will...
  17. S

Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Autofocus Talk

Old thread i know. But during the EURO 2016 all photographers att the pitch had access to one electrical socket and one Ethernet cable. Sadly this is really unusual. Also, during the EURO 2016, most games there was more than 100 photographer on the pitch. During the opening game and the final...
  18. S

Canon Professional Services Keeps Professional Sports Photographers Ready For Action

Well, that´s outside the MPC and the arenas. Trust me, it´s a totally different thing around the MPC and the arenas. I know by personal experience. See my answer to Don Haines above. That answer is written from personal experience, since i have covered some international tournaments. Including...
  19. S

Canon Professional Services Keeps Professional Sports Photographers Ready For Action

When it comes to sport events att this level. There are a extreme amount of security around it. First of all. You need to have the right kind of "accreditation" a.k.a. "credential" to get to the MPC (Main Press Center). And it´s practically impossible to fake these accreditations. In order to...
  20. S

If the security around the Olympics are anything close to how it was during the European soccer championship earlier this year. And I'm pretty sure it actually is that. There are no chance that you will get even close to that place without the right accreditation.