Search results

1. K

Here are SIGMA’s three new full-frame mirrorless camera lenses

Is it 12-24 or 14-24, the leaked pictures clearly says 14-24???
  2. K

Ended: Canon EOS 5DS R Body $1704 (Reg $3699)

I had good experience buying from them, I don't know what you are referring to but they seem pretty decent and honest from my prior transactions with them.
  3. K

Is the Canon EOS 5DS series to be replaced by a mirrorless camera? [CR1]

Other than the 1D x Mark III and perhaps the APS-C lines (90D and 7D mark III, etc...), I don't see any reason for Canon to invest in the DSLR business. They need to focus all their resources on catching up and passing Sony. Otherwise they will be confined to an also-ran category. They already...
  4. K

Lots of New mirrorless and DSLR cameras in the pipeline

The 5Ds is only a first generation (Canon never had a 50 MP sensor before), the follow up will be 5Ds Mark II not IV unless hey merge the 5D mark IV with the 5Ds R into a single line, possible but not sure about it.
  5. K

Here are the full Canon EOS R specifications

It would have been awesome if that gizmo could be assigned to control the AF point selection. That would have more than adequately made up for the lack of AF joystick. Now, you'll just have to trust the sensor to read out faces and focus on the right one with little outside help.
  6. K

Here are the first images and specifications of the Canon EOS R and the new RF mount lenses

and I would say dream on, the 30.3 MP sensor they have inside the R is probably a refined version of the same sensor from the 5D Mark IV. All things being equal, I doubt Canon will polish a sensor from a $3500 body and then offer it for $1900. Not to mention the R&D that went into the rest of...
  7. K

Pricing & More Information About the EOS 6D Mark II [CR3]

Re: Pricing & More Information About the EOS 6D Mark II [CR3] Full specs and images of the actual camera are out at Nokishita. Surprise 5-axis image stabilization but everything else is what you would expect and rumored before, including Dual Pixel AF and 26.2 mp sensor. Now it's time to wait...
  8. K

Update to EOS 5DS & 5DS R Coming in 2017? [CR1]

Re: Update to EOS 5DS & 5DS R Coming in 2017? [CR1] I was thinking 2017 would only bring us the 6D and 7D mark II replacements and maybe the usual Rebel toys, but I guess concern over the Sony A9 / Nikon D810 replacements was paramount in Canon's boardroom. Probably same AF from 5D Mark IV...
  9. K

Ended: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Body $1899 (Reg $2499)

Re: Great Deal: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Body $1899 (Reg $2499) That's almost the same price of the 7D Mark II a year ago What a difference one year can bring. But then taht's pretty much what the Nikon D810 is selling for, 2100. Perfect time for prospective buyers for sure.
  10. K

The Lowest Prices Yet: Canon EOS 5DS Body $2649 and EOS 5DS R Body $3149

Re: Great Deal: Canon EOS 5DS Body $2699 At the current pace, the 5Ds could very well be selling for $2300 by Black Friday and that will be a really good price.
  11. K

Possible Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Spec Talk [CR2]

Canon said earlier that they will move away from a global model that shoots everything and develop cameras with specifications suited to the needs of different photographers. I think the development of the 5DS along with the proposed specs here for the 5DX is a reflection of that thinking and it...
  12. K

The New Rebels Will be Called the 760D and 750D

Re: The New Rebel Will be Called the 760D And have Nikon Corp cry bloody murder for deliberately confusing the customer
  13. K

Canon and Stella McCartney Unveil Limited Edition Camera Bag Collaboration

I'll admit I'm definitely not the target audience for that stuff, but that bag looks like something you would get from Walmart for $11.99 plus taxes, then the next day wonder what was I thinking when I paid for this.
  14. K

Canon EOS 7D Mark II Specifications Confirmed

So the EOS-1D X top plate and body style is gone, but at least we got Canon's premiere AF system, 10 FPS and dual digic 6 at a reasonable price. On balance, it's a good deal if you are in the market for an APS-C body and wasn't convinced by the 70D specs. The not so good news is that you get the...
  15. K

Deal: Canon EOS-1D X Body for $4999

I know if I order one of these, a few weeks later the new high-MP FF body with killer AF and DR will be released for less $ and I'll regret it till the cows come home.
  16. K

New DSLR and PowerShots in May [CR2]

Isn't it amazing how they coordinate so well with each other, the 1Dx and D4, 5D III and D800 and now 7DII and D9300, all coming within weeks of each other
  17. K

Develop Announcement for an EF 800 f/5.6L IS II Coming This Fall? [CR1]

It's about time that Canon broke the $ 20K price barrier for a lens, this 800 tele should be capable of doing so.
  18. K

Any New Bodies in Sochi?

That would be a stretch to be able to spot a new 7D Mark II on your Hi-Def TV but maybe if you are there, standing in the middle of a gaggle of pro photographers you could spot such an elusive camera. I think the arrival of the Sony alpha 6000, Fujifilm X-T1 and Panasonic GH4 have given Canon a...
  19. K

Will Canon Answer the D4s? [CR2]

Honestly, I believe the only benefit the D4S owners will see is an improved video functionality to bring it on par with the D1X, an improved AF performance, which Canon already addressed with the 1D x firmware version 2.03, and higher FPS, for whatever it's worth, once again to bring it up to...
  20. K

Black Friday: Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L II $1799

Now I can see the $2099 final price at the check-out, hopefully the mail-in-rebate will work out without a glitch, that would be a real deal for such lens