Search results

1. CanonFanBoy

CAPTURE ONE PRO IS NOW SUBSCRIPTION BASED TOO.

Everyone has their preference. I never thought about my copy being pirated. I guess somebody could have got it in a deal from one of the big camera outlets with a purchase and didn't need it. Who knows? Had I suspected it was pirated, I would not have bought, job or no job. Just not how I roll...
  2. CanonFanBoy

I remember buying a copy of Photoshop on eBay 10 years ago because the price was so low. Think I paid over $100. It didn't come in a box, but the disk looked original. I was able to register it too. I guess it was probably a pirated disk.
  3. CanonFanBoy

Didn't Lightroom / Photoshop cost a few hundred dollars as stand alone programs? I think I remember they did. To me, $9.99 a month is a deal with free updates too. We're talking $120 a year. Heck, I spend about $7 a week on coffee (Make my own.). I don't understand why people say Adobe is...
  4. CanonFanBoy

We’ve received the pricing for the new RF lenses

Yup! Just about the same here, except I drive a 2016 Hyundai. I eat a lot of cheap chicken leg quarters ($6 for 10 lbs), Ramen, and wear my clothes until they are thread bare. My whole wardrobe consists of 2 pair of jeans and about 6 t-shirts+underwear and socks and shorts. My wife almost never...
  5. CanonFanBoy

I could very probably be wrong, but I think the current contraction of the camera market is also hitting the professionals (I am not) for many of the same reasons. The market got saturated over the years with the advent of digital and flooded with people who would never work in a darkroom, but...
  6. CanonFanBoy

BTW: Your landscapes are really gorgeous. Wow! factor.
  7. CanonFanBoy

Not true for everyone. If you are just talking price, maybe true for some with the current RF offerings and prices. But prices will come down just like they did for EF. Switching, for me, was all about the glass. I rented the RF 28-70 f/2L for ten days and just had to buy. That's all it took...
  8. CanonFanBoy

He's talking about the RF version. ;)
  9. CanonFanBoy

Very true. Also, the EF versions were priced high at release just like the RF line. Prices will come down. There will be sales and rebates.
  10. CanonFanBoy

Firmware: Canon EOS RP v1.3.0

If it were not for digital, I would not have invested spent so much. Meaning, I would not have the patience, skill, space or money for a darkroom setup. I'd be taking snapshots to be developed at the local Walgreens drug store just like I did when I finally bought a Minolta Maxxum. I used...
  11. CanonFanBoy

RF Mount 7D2 replacement? Could it happen?

Probably once the kit lenses come out and the 2.8 zooms for the RF mount. Just speculating too. I am very happy with the price point of the R/RP and I think once the bigger/faster R's come out the price points will be reasonable too, for whatever Canon decides to produce (Comparable to 5D mark...
  12. CanonFanBoy

Question about a theoretical lens.

Thank you Alan. :)
  13. CanonFanBoy

Shooting EOS R and 5D IV side by side

I believe I read that Canon will do a C-Log firmware upgrade for $99 on the 5D Mark IV. Might be worth it to you.
  14. CanonFanBoy

help buying 1st Canon(prosumer)

BTW: I don't know what kind of monitor you are using, but as far as I know you are not watching 4k if it isn't a 4k monitor. I think it is down sampled to 1080p. Now I am going to STHU like I said I would in my first post. ;)
  15. CanonFanBoy

I have no idea because I have never touched a 5D Mark IV and don't do video at all anymore. I used to make YouTube videos when I had a 70D. Other than that, I know nothing about video and forgot even more than that. The R also can be adapted to any EF lens. You will get opinions passed off as...
  16. CanonFanBoy

You can get an R and 24-105mm f/4L for right at $3k. Then you have $1k left for some continuous lighting (I'd go LED). I'm not a video guy, but I doubt there is much difference between 24, 25, and 30 fps. 1 frame/sec or even 5 or 6 frames/sec isn't going to matter in my opinion. Purists will say...
  17. CanonFanBoy

Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L

Yesterday I set up flash in the house to better capture the boy. You are right, even at f/1.2 it is extremely sharp. So is the "little" zoom.
  18. CanonFanBoy

Apologies.

Very true. One of the biggest things I do like is not having to AFMA. I have read reports of some camera/lens combos needing it (Nikon?), but nothing I have does. It seemed like the biggest pain was doing it on zooms. I used Focal, but it was a pain for me to use. I got to where I'd find a...
  19. CanonFanBoy

Canon nFD 50mm f/1.4 on the M5

Very nice, LSX. Vintage MF lenses can be a lot of fun sometimes. :) I have a blast with my old Takumars, Mamiyas, etc. Especially in BW. I have vintage lenses in M42 screw mount only, including Jupiter and Industar made in the old USSR. From 28mm - 400mm, it is all fun. I do have one Canon FD...
  20. CanonFanBoy

Apologies.

I was never offended, buddy.