Search results

1. S

Patent: Here is Canon’s IBIS unit

My first lens with IS was the 100 macro. It has proven extremely useful, and I cannot imagine buying a lens without that unless the body had IS. Those who think they do not need it (and it isn not always needed) should try using or renting a lens and they may be surprised at how useful it is.
  2. S

Specifications and pricing for the Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS and Canon RF 24-70 f/2.8L IS

The 15-35 looks fantastic. A few years ago I sold the 40-70 for the 16-35 f4 and was extremely pleased with an increase in sharpness and no more purple fringing with tree/sky in landscape photos. I am not switching to mirrorless, but am drooling over that lens.
  3. S

We’ve received the pricing for the new RF lenses

I would agree to an extent. For a retired, advanced photographer, those prices would be out of my price range. Canon supertelephotos would be for rich people, but I see non-rich amateurs buying them.
  4. S

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

Thanks much for your response. I shoot RAW also, find the dynamic range just fine. Focusing accuracy with the center point as amazingly accurate. Works fine, so just thinking about the future should I need another body. Thanks again!
  5. S

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

May I ask why? If my 6D craps out I am not sure what I would get. Reading up on 6DII has been confusing and unsure the sensor is even better. Like my 6D except dumbed down focusing and. 5D is overkill in size, weight, and complexity. Thanks!
  6. S

I’ve been watching TN and his wife on YouTube video. The more I do, I feel it is entertainment and I am just wasting my time.
  7. S

An RF super telephoto zoom on the way, likely in late 2020 [CR1]

Thank you for that info. I wii check into that blog.
  8. S

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

Good posting and with proof. BTW is this a Red-backed Vole?
  9. S

All is quiet regarding the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

If the 90D is like the video, that would be huge! Now if only they did similar to the 6DII. I have and really like the 6D, but if mine would crap out, I am not sure what I would do. 5D4 is overkill, too big, too heavy and too expensive for my photography, mostly nature and landscape. A slightly...
  10. S

Patent: Canon RF 50-80mm f/1.1, because crazy is good

OK Canon, we know you have and are capable of making super lenses. So will you ever make a 50mm Rf f1.8 or f2 lens...a lens that could actually be somewhat affordable for the non-professional?
  11. S

Wow, didn’t know that. I have had excellent reliability with all my gear and do trust it a bit better than I would with Nikon.
  12. S

Nikon has a 200-500, a 500 f5.6, and an excellent 300 f4. I bought a Canon 300 f4 last year, it is excellent, but old design and IS could be improved. Nikon is a small company, Canon is large. I am sure there are reasons I am unaware of, but dont understand why Canon let Nikon have the market...
  13. S

Patent: Canon appears to be continuing development of EF mount optical formulas

A Canon 20 f1.4 would obviously be a huge and expensive lens. I would prefer a cheaper,, and smaller 20 f2. But, likely not see either in EF mount. That would still be fast enough for astro photography especially since bumping up the ISO works very well on cameras these days. So why does Canon...
  14. S

Industry News: Major Sony photography announcement July 16, 2019 at 10AM ET

So many "Canon is Doomed" comments. Not sure what percentage is being serious and percentage is saying that to be sarcastic!
  15. S

Ended: This is the last day to save on the revolutionary Peak Design Travel Tripod

Have a RRS tripod. No need to look elsewhere.
  16. S

Is a dedicated astrophotography EOS R coming in 2019? [CR1]

I am not in the market to change or buy new gear, but, I do like what I see with Nikon Z.
  17. S

Patent: Lots of optical formula lens patents for the RF mount

The Nikon 14-30 f4S is compact, although shorter range.
  18. S

Canon engineers talk all things RF, DS and DO

No roadmap? Nikon has one for their S-Line lenses which are much more appealing to me (since I would not want a real-high-end Canon lenses) as their Z6 with IBS. Just a comment, not a troll. I am pleased with the Canon equipment I own know.
  19. S

Is an RF 135mm f/1.4L USM in development? [CR1]

Very exciting to see these lenses from Canon. Not putting Canon down, but if I were to get a mirrorless camera right now, I would consider Nikon simply because of their compact and somewhat affordable lenses, the 24-70 and 14-30 and IBIS. Surely Canon will have similar eventually. Moot point as...
  20. S

How much DR is enough?

I love this question and very interested to hear the thoughts of others. I use a 6D, mostly landscape, and I am able to lighten shadows without a problem to get photos to try to match what I saw. And, even in shadows, I see more detail in the photos than my eye sees. So I am happy. If I took the...