Search results

1. FramerMCB

Industry News: Nikon announces development of the D6 and AF-S Nikkor 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR lens

Did anyone make note of the fact that the lens announced is the same focal range and f-stop of the now 'venerable' SIGMA 120-300mm f2.8?
  2. FramerMCB

Canon RF 35mm f/1.2L USM coming in 2020 [CR1]

So sorry to hear your eye trouble Mel. I will be praying for a successful operation to fix that retina. No fun at all. Had a fellow church member that went through that very same thing a bout 1 year ago. See's doing great now. But it was very nerve-wracking for her for several weeks.
  3. FramerMCB

Remember this is a maybe for 2020.
  4. FramerMCB

You need to understand the market segment that is shrinking. The shrinking segment by far is the consumer market. The Pro market is actually growing (or at the very least, flat). So who is Canon targeting with the early RF lens line-up? Pro's and well-heeled advanced amateurs/hobbyists. People...
  5. FramerMCB

You need a M5 or M6 with the EF-M 22mm f2.8. That is your light-weight, hiking/all-day use kit that still provides excellent IQ in a very compact but still 35mm FOV equivalency (on these APS-C bodies).
  6. FramerMCB

And how about a pair of telephotos: RF 100mm f/1.4 and a 135mm f/1.4?
  7. FramerMCB

The Canon EOS M5 Mark II and Canon EOS M6 Mark II are on the way [CR1]

Yes! This. And I'm quite sure that Sigma would not be taking this step without very good info/assurances (maybe insider, or some tacit private agreement) that Canon would continue to develop and release M-series bodies.
  8. FramerMCB

The Canon EOS M5 Mark II and Canon EOS M6 Mark II are on the way [CR1]

Coupled with the fact that Sigma is introducing 4 new M-mount lenses soon. Remember that CR bit from a couple weeks ago...?
  9. FramerMCB

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

Ah... THANK YOU! I appreciate the educating me.
  10. FramerMCB

Sky’s the limit: Luminar 4 introduces the first automatic Sky Replacement technology

I would like Skylum or some company to introduce an AI tool to remove people from images. It's exceedingly hard these days to get 'clutter-free' images of the various waterfalls in the Columbia River Gorge (especially on the Oregon side) without an over-abundance of people in the pictures. A few...
  11. FramerMCB

A Canon RF 16-28mm f/2L USM is coming [CR1]

Try the new Tamron 35-150mm f/2.8-4.0 VC OSD for FF (35mm equivalent FOV ~ 56-240mm). Or, for (APS-C) crop sensors the Sigma Art 50-100mm f/1.8 (35mm equivalent FOV ~ 80-160mm). Both are very good performers. Caveats: the Sigma has no weather sealing the Tamron does have weather sealing and VC...
  12. FramerMCB

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

I guess I don't get the whole video w/crop factor. For full-frame I can sort of see cropping. But why the need to crop 4K on a crop sensor? Or am I just dense? I'm not much of a video guy.
  13. FramerMCB

IBIS is coming to select next generation Canon DSLRs [CR2]

I would have zero qualms about taking a Pentax anywhere on the planet. The one exception - a volcano. But then I wouldn't go there either.
  14. FramerMCB

IBIS is coming to select next generation Canon DSLRs [CR2]

Well, in Olympus models they are fast buggers, shooting-wise, and are built like small tanks. Very rugged, especially the EM-1, EM-1 Mk II, and the new EM-1X. These models have very high frame rates. Of course they are also mirrorless and 4/3d's. The Pentax models are also built like tanks with...
  15. FramerMCB

SIGMA announces the “SIGMA fp”, the world’s smallest and lightest mirrorless digital camera* with a full-frame image sensor

I think they were speaking of, 'where you keep/store things'. As in where could the RP fit in my little pull-out cube space? ;-)
  16. FramerMCB

SIGMA announces three DC DN prime lenses for the EF-M mount

I find it interesting that Sigma's last, I think, 4 lens releases have been able to be "AFMA'd" in Canon cameras with that capability. So all of the Sigma specific lens 'quirk' data can be appended to RAW files and/or adjusted for in camera. Either Sigma Engineers have solved the Canon Enigma or...
  17. FramerMCB

SIGMA announces three DC DN prime lenses for the EF-M mount

I wonder how many M-system Users have used the Canon EF-M mount adapter to adapt Sigma or Tamron (or others') lenses for use on their M-systems? And more importantly, what that experience is like. For example: I hear and read very good things about Sigma's MC-11 Canon EF to Sony adapter and...
  18. FramerMCB

Ended: Canon EOS 5DS R Body $1704 (Reg $3699)

For 35mm sensor size - it's pretty darn close to ultimate.
  19. FramerMCB

Canon increased its global market share of still cameras in 2018

Well, like he states in this article, he thinks there are quite a few Canon users (probably long-time users) that are also shooting with some Sony gear in their kit. Take Dustin Abbott (reviewer extraordinaire, IMO) for example: he started with Canon, had 2 6D's for quite awhile, then bought a...