Search results

1. P

An RF mount L macro lens will be announced alongside the high-megapixel EOS R camera

Oh thats a very interesting lineup. I guess you are working in some kind of architecture topic?
  2. P

An RF mount L macro lens will be announced alongside the high-megapixel EOS R camera

I thought 1x and above is considered "macro"?
  3. P

Hm, i have the 100mm 2,8L - I use it mostly for some portraits and occasionaly Macros for product shots. I must say that I actualy enjoy the lense. Is there something particular wrong with it, that I miss? However, of course its very important for canon to include a good macro lense in the R...
  4. P

More about the upcoming high-megapixel EOS R system camera [CR2]

"A “new style” of joystick " PLEASE dont be a touch joystick like the ridiculous touch bar on the R :-D
  5. P

Patent: 83mp full-frame image sensor from Canon

Nice read, thank you :)
  6. P

I think so too. I use the 1dx II as a second camera for weddings (though its shutter is pretty loud) and I would like to a have the resolution of my 5D IV. I personaly dont agree with the "lowlight over resolution for sports cameras" vibe. The Lowlight performance of the 5D is good and the 1D...
  7. P

I personaly think its a nice upgrade. I do some weddings where I would love to have more options to crop. I also do landscapes where I like higher resolutions for big prints. Also our product shots could greatly benefit from a higher resolution where retouching and cutouts are way more exact :)
  8. P

Canon to announce EOS-1D X equivalent EOS R system camera in 2021?

That would be incredible long.... though not entirely unlikely...
  9. P

An APS-C sensor equipped EOS R camera mentioned again [CR1]

Hm, sounds somehow not logical, if they dont bring RF-S lenses... But for wildlife this may still be an interesting camera.
  10. P

An RF super telephoto zoom on the way, likely in late 2020 [CR1]

Late 2020... why not... 2050? :-D
  11. P

Blackmagic Design announces new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K with EF mount

Thats true, right now only canon does offer a decent AF in cinema cameras. But I think it would be a good idea of Blackmagic to include a good AF in the pocket line. The ultra compact form factor makes it a great choice as a run and gun camera =)
  12. P

Blackmagic Design announces new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K with EF mount

I think on very compact "cinema" cameras a good AF is a real benefit. Like on the C200. Or the 1DX II -> for example on a gimbal or on 1-men-projects its realy INCREDIBLE helpful to have a good working autofocus. It just takes so much hassle away and you can concentrate much easier on your...
  13. P

I hope they have a decent Autofocus. Especialy for solo projects and when working on a gimbal, the 1DX II works like a charm. Its still something, that makes me staying at Canon. But I think I will give this camera a shot for our studio work :-)
  14. P

A bit more about the upcoming Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II

wow, 5,9k, FF, RAW internal for under 20k USD? Thats impressive! :-)
  15. P

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

I honesty look for a model like this and the 61mpixel of the Sony A7R IV could be reason to try this camera. Its a VERY nice thing to have for high quality product photography. Its also very nice for weddings where you can recompose shots easier.
  16. P

We think it’s almost a sure thing Canon will announce a pro EOS R body in 2020

Imagine they wont announce a pro EOS R in 2020 :-D
  17. P

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

Canon uses a 1:1 pixel readout for 4k. They are somehow unable to sample a 4k image out of the full sensor area. maybe a heat or processor or sensor redout speed related problem. So they "fix" this by just taking the middle area for 4k with 3840x2160 pixels. this results in an insane crop mode...
  18. P

Here’s a list of rumoured and predicted cameras coming from Canon in the next year

I wonder: why cant (or wont) they include a silent mode in dslrs? If I shoot in live view, why is there still a need for the shutter or mirror to move?
  19. P

SIGMA announces the “SIGMA fp”, the world’s smallest and lightest mirrorless digital camera* with a full-frame image sensor

This looks like a great option for videography :-) I dont know exactly what your problem is?