Search results

1. kubelik

small primes to go with SL1?

I'm actually pretty excited about the announcement of the SL1. price-wise and function-wise it seems very competitive against m4/3 cameras which I've been considering for a while for a back-up/casual camera. the weird thing to me though, is it seems that there's a mismatch now between body and...
  2. kubelik

warehouse space for photography in DC/MD/VA?

so I've recently been asked by a good friend who is in the process of starting a woodworking/furniture studio to take some pictures for his prototypes. these aren't for publication or anything, but he wants some creative shots that he can bring along when he meets potential clients or...
  3. kubelik

a thank you letter to Canon Rumors

Dear All, I wanted to thank Craig and the webmasters for posting the video that was up earlier and the link to anti-SOPA/PIPA petitions. it's a bigger deal than a lot of people realize, and, if passed, will impact many more people than what most realize. I understand it's a U.S. issue and...
  4. kubelik

1.7x extender - just me, or would this be a great product?

so everyone knows by now that Canon has refreshed its telephoto extender lineup with the 1.4x III and the 2.0x III. they're really great (even without having the chance to use them on the lenses they're really designed for, the series-II super teles) ... but as I mull over a future purchase of...
  5. kubelik

Canon Extender EF 2x III review - at the bronx zoo

hi everyone, finally got to take my 70-200 f/2.8 L IS II and the Extender 2x III to do some shooting of live subjects at the bronx zoo: http://teatrayinthesky.wordpress.com/2011/03/21/canon-extender-ef-2x-iii-review-leaping-lemurs/ pretty happy with the combination, and I'm open to any...
  6. kubelik

Your lenses wishlist for 2011 - RESULTS

I was very intrigued by the data that came out of the informal poll of wishlist lenses for 2011, and decided to compile the data to see if anything remotely meaningful emerges from it. yes, I realize it's nowhere near a scientific study, for so many reasons ... but at the same time, that...
  7. kubelik

initial thoughts on the new Canon 2X III

hi everyone, for anyone who's looking into picking up the new Canon Extender 2x III, I've paired it up with the 70-200 f/2.8 L IS II USM and put together some intial thoughts on the combination over on my blog...
  8. kubelik

future video accessories from Canon?

just saw this article over on DPReview: http://www.dpreview.com/news/1101/11011305sonyclmv55monitor.asp and it got me thinking about what sort of video accessories canon might put out in the future. although there's a huge aftermarket already for HDSLR equipment I bet people would be...
  9. kubelik

pricing of new L lenses

I've read some comments around the web regarding differences between Canon's MSRP and actual retail prices, saying that Canon's new 300 f/2.8 L IS II and 400 f/2.8 L IS II will likely come below the $7K and $11K prices that Canon initially quoted at its announcement. is there any substance to...
  10. kubelik

where do you print?

I'm starting to think about doing some prints and framing them to decorate the house with. wondering what everyone else out there is using for making large, professional-quality prints; is there some place you're really happy with and would love to recommend, or is there some place you'd...