Search results

1. D

Canon EOS M6 Mark II full specifications

USB 2.0 instead of 3.0 probably saved them $5 on a $1000 camera. I agree its ridiculous, and probably done so some future model has something to lure users to upgrade. As for transferring files, I haven't connected a camera to a computer in 15 years since most cameras stopped supporting USB...
  2. D

DXOMark tests the Canon EOS R image sensor, scores it at 89

Sorry for the following barrage of questions, my intentions aren't hostile, given your experience I'm hoping you can give some real world feedback. Do you notice the color depth difference between the A7R and the 5D iii in a blind test? ( you should be able to if the dxo mark score is useful...
  3. D

I made an earlier comment about shadow pushing being a component of the "Sports low-light ISO" score that wasn't quite accurate, after some further reading it seems that the "Sports low-light ISO" should actually be called: Low light color depth OR low light dynamic range OR noise, whichever...
  4. D

The sony sensor has a much better "Sports ( low-light ISO)" score, not because it is noticeably better at low-light ISO, but because you can push shadows better at ISO 100-800 ?!?! So the Sports (low-ligh ISO) test is essentially "Landscape (dynamic range)" part 2: "Sports (low-light ISO) ...
  5. D

Canon talks IBIS and EOS M in a recent interview

Sorry, it just doesn't work like that. EF-M lenses are smaller than EF-S because they make compromises to be small in some cases, and for wide angle the smaller registration distance allows them to be smaller than EF-S. EF-S lenses are not anywhere near 3x smaller than EF. Ask yourself why...
  6. D

Canon talks IBIS and EOS M in a recent interview

1.6 * 1.6 = 2.56 , how are you getting to "four times smaller" ? And a smaller sensor means less light so if you are ever light limited you need to compare a full frame f/4 to crop f/2.8 size/weight . Even comparing the exact same focal length and aperture, are 2x crop lenses usually 4x...
  7. D

The next EOS R system camera gets a mention again [CR1]

For the people saying the only thing the 5D iv has over the R is the dual slots, what about action with tracking autofocus? Are there any good comparisons out there? I saw one unscientific comparison between the RP and 6D ii focusing and the 6D ii did much better just trying to capture people...
  8. D

Pretty much the same chances that that image would be tack sharp if shot with a 24MP 1.6x crop camera since that is roughly the same pixel density. Some people say to go 1/(focal length * 1.5 ) with crop bodies and that's what I like to use. However pixel densities on full frame keep going up...
  9. D

That article is not wrong, and in theory one large cmos pixel could do slightly better than four small cmos pixels combined in software in terms of noise , but in practice with modern cameras smaller pixels downsampled does better in terms of noise and detail. 4 small pixels gives you more...
  10. D

Review: Canon EOS RP by DPReview

Do you mean 4.5 or 5.5 ( between 5d and 6d ) ? :)
  11. D

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III field testing has begun [CR2]

I'm reluctant to even bring this up but I did see some idiot on some forum referencing this video as proof that using the adapter introduced focusing errors: That isn't a scientific test and it really just compared the 6dii mirrored focusing system to the R focusing system. The 6dii mirror...
  12. D

Dynamic range comparison between the EOS RP, EOS 6D Mark II and EOS R

What camera+lens have you gotten used to in the meantime? Do you have some examples of the RP + 50mm f/1.2 that show the problem? If you need better shadow pushing capabilities maybe the cheapest canon bodies aren't for you, but I have never looked at a photo shot with a 6Dii or older bodies...
  13. D

Does anybody remember anyone complaining about being unable to correct vignetting 10 years ago with the "horrible" dynamic range of digital sensors at that time? Why is it suddenly an issue now? In general I don't like "it was fine for us back then, it should be good enough for you now"...
  14. D

Are you sure about that? I took away that the RP is maybe slightly just a touch better than the 6Dii. The R is noticeably better than the RP. However I didn't watch the whole thing but tried to skip to the relevant sections.
  15. D

Canon, Canon Canon….. Please help the video stars

Personally I shoot video maybe once per month, but I will never buy a camera that can't even shoot 1080p with my EF-S lenses. They are really narrowing down who this camera makes sense for. People are chomping at the bit for mirrorless options cause its some shiny new thing, but instead of...
  16. D

Here are the full Canon EOS RP specifications

"Tough & Drag AF" - sounds like you have to fight with it
  17. D

What? I'm comparing live view to live view, both using DPAF on the main sensor.
  18. D

The 5div with a digic 6+ does 5 fps in live view with about the same number of pixels as the R. The 6Dii with a digic 7 does 4fps in live view with the same number of pixels as the RP. The R and RP should be able to be faster than their mirrored counterparts but it seems Canon is saving spec...
  19. D

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

What is this pixel binDing that adorama speaks of? I'm not sure what it is but it sounds bad, I want my pixels to be free to artistically express themselves!
  20. D

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

That way of thinking only works until a competitor eats your lunch. I'm sure someone will release a ~45mp full frame camera with a speedy ~20mp crop mode in the next few years, hopefully canon but I'm not holding my breath.