Search results

1. D

Canon’s New DP-V3120 4K Reference Display Delivers Unprecedented HDR Capabilities

Yeah… But I heard that this monitor can't even film 4K without cropping: Canon is doomed, I'm switching to Sony!
  2. D

Lensbaby and the RP

Thanks a lot!
  3. D

Lensbaby and the RP

A friend has lent me his lensbaby for the summer, but my RP doesn't want to have anything to do with it: the shutter release doesn't do anything at all. My hypothesis is that the RP doesn't detect the presence of the lens and refuses to take a picture. I didn't find anything in the preferences...
  4. D

Canon officially announces the RF 85mm f/1.2L USM

It seems reasonable (and even sometimes useful) to complain about the cost of things we need to pay for (electricity, food, public transit, etc.), but not so much for things we want but easily can do without, like a photoshoot or an amazing new lens… It would be totally irresponsible for me to...
  5. D

If you go R/RF?

Of course, using the full aperture would not be mandatory in macro, but let's not forget that the EF 100mm f/2.8 is a great portrait lens. Wouldn't the RF 100mm f/1.2 also be?
  6. D

If you go R/RF?

Does your 70-200 f/2.8 work flawlessly with your RP? There must be something wrong with mine, I can only use it in manual focus mode.
  7. D

A couple of EOS R cameras that can be considered “pro” are in the pipeline [CR1]

"Mirrors and copulation are abominable, for they they both multiply the number of men." Jorge Luis Borges
  8. D

Some abstracts, and others that tell you what the abstracts in fact are.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/fr-fr/#B0wGWZuqDGWEzBG;43CBE137-F8E1-424A-85FE-BF363461C8D3
  9. D

GPS tagging with Camera Connect App - how to stop disconnecting?

I haven't even been able to make it work in the first place… I really feel dumb!
  10. D

If you go R/RF?

For now, the RP is very pleasant to shoot with, but when the RX comes out, I might very well upgrade. As for lenses, I've rapidly grown fond of the lens ring. Clever thing! The kit lens for the RP, the 24-105 f/4, would be perfect at f/2.8 or better, though. I'm new to 24-105, I enjoy the...
  11. D

Anything shot with the RP and L/RF glass:

Here are two other photos. Again, what is wrong with my settings? Should there be so much noise in the background at 100 iso?
  12. D

Anything shot with the RP and L/RF glass:

Well… You're asking for "a bunch of nice photos", and it so happens that I can't do better than "nice photos". Could anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Everything seems flat and I really struggle to get the focus almost right. By the way, I hope you notice that in the second photo...
  13. D

The RF mount “Holy Trinity” should be ready to ship before the end of July 2019 [CR2]

And when they do move very fast, you always know exactly where they're going…
  14. D

The fastest memory cards for your Canon EOS RP

I use the 250 MB/s ProGrade (the silver one). I haven't tried its video capability yet, but for pictures, it's perfect. The Angelbird SD cards don't seem to be available in Canada. Strange.
  15. D

Canon EOS R Bluetooth Function

I tried the GPS fonction on the RP, without success. Strangely, a GPS location appears in the camera menu, but it is not transferred to the pictures I take, and I'm not sure how it got there: the Canon iPhone app tells me the camera should be on the wifi network for it to work, and the camera...
  16. D

Review: Canon EOS RP

Very informative review indeed, thanks a lot!
  17. D

No new EOS R body shipping in 2019 [CR2]

What do you mean by "heavily autofocus dependant"? Thanks!
  18. D

Dreaming? You really think I'm dreaming? Are you saying that… • IBIS is never going to happen? That one is not really important for me, so… • great low light sensitivity is impossible to obtain? That, I really want. I often take pictures in low light situations, and that can be a struggle...
  19. D

The nothingness coming up this year. Thanks for nothing!