Search results

1. A

Canon’s roadmap for 2019, included an EOS R camera that no one is expecting? [CR2]

Niche R? Lets see. Whats niche now? The 50 mp high rez 5Ds/r. Couple that with 3K+ RF “studio” lenses that were released? Plus canon’s commercial and studio customers? I guess it would be a high rez 50mp R with ibs! Ibs takes care of the 5Dr/s c high rez cam shake issue. Eye focus good for...
  2. A

EOS R and 135 L issue?

Had an F2 135 for years. First shot with my trusty crusty 24-70 f2.8 in the dark with the R. Felt like my lens got an upgrade with af off the sensor and focused in areas in the dark where my 5d3 couldn’t. Then shot with F135 and despite being an f2, had less of a hit ratio in same location.
  3. A

Using the canon R and the BG-E22 vertical grip VERTICALLY with touch-drag

Thanks for the reply. one thing to look out for with the low price in some is that I believe canon sells the grip only WITHOUT the usb charger for the lesser price. FYI, the usb charger only charges the batteries serially, i.e. one ofter the other. Also the handle has to be in the off over...
  4. A

Using the canon R and the BG-E22 vertical grip VERTICALLY with touch-drag

Hey gang, Just picked up the BG-E22 battery grip to mainly provide extra battery power for when you shoot with Wi-Fi transfer on. Secondly to help with the 70-200 balance and vertical shooting. Regarding touch drag, I had it mapped to the top right quadrant when I shot before the grip. Heres...
  5. A

Feature update announcements coming to the Canon EOS R and Canon Cinema EOS C200 ahead of NAB

Well the cinema line does similar with super 35
  6. A

The future of the Canon EOS-1D X series [CR1]

Love the R, however this past weekend, I shot alot outdoors, and in that light, I missed an optical viewfinder....
  7. A

EOS R @ HD 24fps 1/50 sec shutter HDMI out canon log Ninja 2

Hey gang. Typed in all the buzz words relative to this. Have an old Ninja 2 I used to use on an 5D3 (ah..2014.. the memories). Just shot video for the first time on the eos R last night with just the internal video. I know the ninja V is being paired with the R for HDMO out b/c of the 4K...
  8. A

The story behind the development of the EOS Kiss M (M50) mirrorless camera

I think the fairer sex created the demand for the white M50...:love::LOL::ROFLMAO: . ITs very fashion safe I think! Loved the article.. great insight and I'm glad that Miserable M series camera is successful for them.... ...Just need them to be faster ala X-t3. I luv how small the lenses an...
  9. A

Is the RF 28-70 f2 trying to be too many things at once?

All Good points. This is why I still keep the Miserable M-series bodies (M-5) because their size is amazing for the IQ you get.. the 11-22, the F2 22mm, real damn curious how the new 35mm is. I keep a Leica M 50mm f1.4 adapted to the Canon EF-M as my 50mm. Its such a small system that used all...
  10. A

canon st-e3 rt and speed light 600 basic flash compensation question

Agreed, but if so it would "overexpose" and constantly change. I used the speed lights like "spotlights" on the singers. ETTL will always fight for the optimal exposure and blast the environment with light. I prefer pools of light that cascade to black, hence why I use Rogue Snoots on the speed...
  11. A

TY Random. its a shame that you can't gang lower or raise the flash power.
  12. A

F2 135mm prime tapping out in AF in dark room?

thx Mt Spokane I had swapped lenses without turning the camera off since I didn't want to break the wifi connection to my iPad. It was DLing images while I shot. Thats the only thing I can think of.
  13. A

F2 135mm prime tapping out in AF in dark room?

Hey gang, I usually shoot the R (and previously the 5D3) at a local bar with musicians, iso 800-1600, f4 shutter 160 with a F2.8 24-70 MK2. Rarely have AF lock issues. Swapped it out with a faster F2 135 for a few shots, switching to F2 for DOF. Same location and subject as my f2.8 24-72. The...
  14. A

Hey gang, sorry for the basic noob-sounding question. Had a flash compensation brain fail so I figure let me hit up the group: I shoot new Canon R (Formally on 5d3) with the remote canon st-e3-rt controlling 5 canon 600 EX-RT mark1 speedlights. Camera is on manual, F4, 160 shutter, iso 800...
  15. A

OMG, what should I do? DPReview scores Eos R just at 79 - ;-)

Leica SL is once sweet camera, and the M10MP, transfers wirelessly to the phone, very nice, Its easy to make fun leicas, until being in the hands of a skills photographer. its the smallest FF platform, lens and camera. (Sony is small but not the lens) I use a summilux on Fuji xt-3 Just got...
  16. A

OMG, what should I do? DPReview scores Eos R just at 79 - ;-)

...I just shot again with the R... the client was so in love with the shots because he saw them on an iPad, because the canon can DL to the iPad WHILE I shoot.. so to review the shot, I showed the client the pad instead of the back of the camera. Far better presentation than the back a...
  17. A

Canon engineers talk EOS R and the future of the system

Isn’t the M series effectively the aps-c version of the R? THe flange distance is shorter on the M, making adapting R lenses to ef-m mount doable. This would parallel the ef and ef-s dynamic.
  18. A

Is the new Canon full frame mirrorless called the EOS R?

I know I’m gonna get a lot of hate for this, even some death threats, probably meet a terrible painful end....but I hope the make an R Mount! 1) R mount plus adapter = full speed EF mount! 2) R mount opens use of old FD glass... 3) native R mount optimises design of flange distance for future...
  19. A

Here Are Some Claimed Specifications For One of the Prototype Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras [C

Re: Here Are Some Claimed Specifications For One of the Prototype Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Could this be a post for april fools? I got taken with the fuji x-t3 april fools. This came out a day before.... Just saying... "Trust No One"
  20. A

Rebel just stopped?

4k? 4K!?... thats so 2017.5... its 2018.1, iTs tHe yEaR of 8K!!!!! Here's whats funny..... I got the M5 to take pix. Folks were like "no 4K blah blah....." So they got the sony 6300 instead... then they sold it to get the sony R2.... then the sony R3 came out so guess what they got... the...