Search results

1. drolo61

Missing focus with 5D4 a little too often

Valued community, I run a semi-professional career as a child photographer for the business of my wife (www(dot)pickapooh[dot]de) All the pictures you see there are mine. I do work with a 5D4 since it came out, and after swapping from the 5D3 I seem to miss focus a little too often for my...
  2. drolo61

AI Servo AF not reliable in 5D4

Dear all, Shooting yesterday had way improved keeper rates. What I did - blowing the AF sensor area, going closing the apperture to f 7.1 to f10 (instead of 4-5.6) and tried to keep a better "safety margin" when trying to go "under the brim". Some pictures attached from before 2CONSULTATION2...
  3. drolo61

@YuengLinger - camera with lens has been ALMAed via Focal - the set performed well - testing has been done ~6 month ago - will re-test over the weekend, if issue continues - current assessment is based on live shoot - will blow clean and stick to <One shot> for really critical pictures -...
  4. drolo61

dear all, thanks for the valuable input. I will check all recommended details tonight. The next shooting will be tomorrw afternoon and I will let you know of the outcome. @daniele - will use your settings and have already re-read the manual in the sections @BillB pointed to Lightning...
  5. drolo61

Hi Graham, I will check that - I intend to work with AI Servo, as I need to catch playing kids. My isse is, that very small movements are not (always) detected (properly). Or I have more difficulties steadying my lens than I would like to have, I dont know. Thanks Olaf
  6. drolo61

Yes, sorry for my shorthand "BBF"
  7. drolo61

Dear all, I have had an intense weekend shooting children's hats for my wifes company. I use BBF with AI servo to be able to follow the running little beauties. For the first time I have a relatively lower rate of critically sharp images (70-200 2.8 II IS), although working faster than 1/200...
  8. drolo61

Remote communication with assistant

Thanks Graham, I will look into a pair of these. Have great day, both of you
  9. drolo61

Remote communication with assistant

Dear all, has anyone yet found a solution how to "stealthyly" communicate with your assistants over larger distances (2-5m). I do children shots for a little hat company in Germany and would sometimes love to be able to communicate secret service like via in-ear mic/speaker. System must run on...
  10. drolo61

Any chance to re-create data that have been formatted on a CF card (in-camera)

Call my stupid - I am. I had important files carelessly on a CF card for too long without back-up. Used that bcard on auto-pilot as I do for any new shooting and formatted both cards for the next shoot. Any chance to get the files back? Thanks for any helpful idea, and yes it is my fault anyway...
  11. drolo61

EF 50 1.2 L - rather buy older or newer copy of this lens?

@sanj I was considering build quality decreasing over time with cost pressure on production lines over the years. My old beetle had a much sturdier constriction than any current car
  12. drolo61

EF 50 1.2 L - rather buy older or newer copy of this lens?

Short shout for advice. Currently looking for a used copy of the 50 1.2 (buying in Germany). On Ebay a re various good looking copies available. Prices are slightly below 1000 e. Copy age varies between 1987 to 2012. Optically they look all equally good with genuine pictures. Rather buy older or...
  13. drolo61

AFMA - what range do you see in your body and lens combos?

Will do - thank you
  14. drolo61

AFMA - what range do you see in your body and lens combos?

Just calibrated my new 5DMarkIV to my existing range of lenses using FoCal 2.4. I have 50 1,4 135 L 2,0 24-70 L 2,8 II 70-200 L 2,8 IS II I got AFMA values between +1 to +8, with "excellent fit" for the "L"s and a relatively inconsistent focus on the 50. Would you consider that range "normal"?
  15. drolo61

Lost half of my Canon DSLR

Most applicable comments have been made already - good luck to your recovery efforts (both financially and mentally). We had an "almost break-in" a couple of yeras ago in broad daylight in a 15 party 5 storey building in the midle of a large German city and not in a badly reputed neigbourhood...
  16. drolo61

600EX-RT - no radio contact available

CASE CLOSED - Re: 600EX-RT - no radio contact available Stupid me - took a deep dive in the full manual to find P.FN (private function) which allows you to set the toggle sequence of your connection mode between off - radio - optical, but also to off - optical only. These P.FN do not reset...
  17. drolo61

I have reset all custom functions a couple of times, so most likely I need to see a techie at Canon. Thnaks for your help Marsu
  18. drolo61

I can not toggle to the ETTl plus radio symbol on the flash Manual says, "select radio symbol", but it never comes up. It does so on the ST-EX3-RT (the flash coordinator
  19. drolo61

Dear guys and girls, I have a 600EX-RT for some time and just added anotherone to the gear. Now I discover that I can not find ETTL with radio (Ican find optical link, annnd I can use radion for linked shots). Is it me, or is it the machine??? Any andvice greatly apprechiated. Cheers Olaf
  20. drolo61

More Images of the Canon EOS 5DS R

Re: More Images of the Canon EOS 5DS & 5DS R I personally like "no radical changes" as intuitive handling is important for me