Search results

1. T

New Canon Binoculars / not rumor Just FYI

8 x 20 and 10x 20 IS. Compact. Under a pound. Packable. CR123A lithium battery, not AA. I could wish for a bit larger objective lenses, but these are, as it were, M series binoculars. As in compact is the priority. https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/8x20-is-binocular...
  2. T

Canon officially announces the Cinema EOS C500 Mark II

"For the first time ever with a Canon camera, users are able to change the lens mount themselves without the assistance from a Canon service center. Customers can purchase the EOS C500 Mark II with a standard EF mount and then have the option to purchase either EF-lock or PL mounts. This feature...
  3. T

Our favourite hands-on preview of the Canon EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

I hear what you guys are saying, but I'm surprised more folks aren't commenting on the nice shadow recovery test at 14:58. A first go, but it looks pretty good. That's useful stuff, good on Jared.
  4. T

Canon officially announces the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

My take on this: The M6 mkII replaces both for now. It seemed odd when the first two came out that the only differentiator was the EVF. I think it makes sense to widen that gap. So I think the M5 mkII will come next year, hopefully with a real step up, new sensor tech, flip-out LCD monitor...
  5. T

Here are some images and pricing for the Canon EOS 90D

Note: Costco is an authorized Canon dealer.
  6. T

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

Not an early adopter, in general. More interested in a M5 mkII to move up from my current M6. But, I can't help wondering, where are the sensors that seemed to be forthcoming based on the patents we saw here a few weeks ago? That's what I'd like to see. Maybe that's why the M5 mkII is...
  7. T

Canon EOS M6 Mark II promotional video appears to have leaked

Thx for posting link to spec pdf. Good: still takes wired remote / remote switcher RS-60E3. But the "intervalometer" is still the time lapse movie mode. Was hoping for intervalometer for stills also. A cheap feature to add, one would would think.
  8. T

Canon EOS 90D promotional video appears to have leaked

For me the big remaining question is sensor architecture and DR. Since they're not touting new and improved sensor technology on these splash videos my guess is that it's the old sensor tech with a MP bump. Same DR, more or less, is the way it would seem... We'll see.... These are very...
  9. T

An APS-C sensor equipped EOS R camera mentioned again [CR1]

One camera for the M5, 80D, and 7DmkII replacements? Okay, I'll offer up a wild theory just for grins: a dual-mount mirrorless body. The base model has an M-mount -- but it is removable; the body will accept a R-mount flange assembly as well. With the R-mount platform in place you can use...
  10. T

Rumored Canon EOS M6 Mark II specifications [CR1]

Should be about the same for M5 mkII except for integrated EVF. This looks very promising, speaking as someone who still is interested in M series.
  11. T

Canon announcements coming at the end of August [CR2]

Not likely to happen, though for an update I'd like to see a 15-[50 or55] 2.8 lens; give us something more on the wide end. And include the hood. :rolleyes:
  12. T

Canon officially announces the RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS STM

Since as a travel zoom it will be in AF most of the time I think the design choice to go with a focus control switch instead of a separate focus ring is a nifty way to optimize size and reduce cost. But I hope this does not become a trend. For moderately priced primes akin to the 35 1.8 I...
  13. T

Canon’s roadmap for 2019, included an EOS R camera that no one is expecting? [CR2]

The M6 approach would also make sense for an astro version. No need for the EVF.
  14. T

Canon’s roadmap for 2019, included an EOS R camera that no one is expecting? [CR2]

An Astronomy variant? They've had a couple of those, it's been a while.
  15. T

Canon officially announces the RF 85mm f/1.2L USM

See canonusa product page
  16. T

All new 24mp sensor coming to the next Canon ILC’s [CR1]

Dynamic Range expansion, please...
  17. T

Patent: Lots of EF-M zoom optical formulas

Let's give Canon some credit for the 32 1.4 ef-m. Hopefully more of that ilk coming as well.
  18. T

Canon EOS R body with more than 75mp on the horizon [CR2]

This camera will be intended as Canon's way to get the last laugh over Sony and Nikon; it will therefore be called the RD RR.
  19. T

So far so good, the Canon EOS R pleasantly surprised Jared

Well, with these reviews from Jared, Scott, and others, we can forget about an EOS M camera sort of firesale. And I agree with Jared's take on the imminent demise of the dslr. Not likely to see a 6D mk III now. And really, with an an up-market "R5" on the way, probably with higher...