Search results

1. M

Patent: Canon RF 70-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM and more

Canon has already said the high MP R series body is coming in early 2020. That is just around the corner. Then when it does arrive the same “whiners” will complain that its too expensive.
  2. M

Patent: Here is Canon’s IBIS unit

I would be great if Canon can to say 6 stops with non IS lenses and 6.5-7 stops with IS lenses and some other benefit with their IBIS.
  3. M

More about the upcoming high-megapixel EOS R system camera [CR2]

I thought that the next advanced or pro body would have IBIS? I am hoping that it will have it. I really like Canon cameras because of their handling and image quality. That said, I also would like to head in the direction of a smaller mirrorless FF camera for travel and landscape...
  4. M

Patent: 83mp full-frame image sensor from Canon

I shoot with a 5DIV and I’m very happy with it. I would be more interested in a R Series camera in the 30-46 MP range with IBIS. As one person said, to get the most out of a system with 80 MP, you need the fast RF lenses and a really good tripod. At a time when many photographers, especially...
  5. M

Canon to announce EOS-1D X equivalent EOS R system camera in 2021?

Its looking like the M6 II with 32 MP and 14 fps might be a good alternative to waiting for the Rx...haha:)
  6. M

What’s next from Canon?

Not quite. Sony makes APSC mirrorless for amateur photographers. Fuji has professional grade. Now we’re done.
  7. M

What’s next from Canon?

I stand corrected. I meant the Panasonic G series which is APSC, not the S series FF.
  8. M

What’s next from Canon?

You don’t consider Panasonic, S series. Sone Fuji mirrorless cameras professional series APSC mirrorless professional cameras? Many people do... This is the mirrorless APSC professional market segment that Canon appears to be neglecting.
  9. M

What’s next from Canon?

Canon does not have much of a presence specifically in the mirrorless, APSC professional market. They apparently don’t really care about that segment.
  10. M

What’s next from Canon?

I think if Canon wants a real presence in the mirrorless APSc market they need to come out with a higher end model that exceeds the M5 and now the M6 II. From what I read the M5 wasn’t the best construction, not a metal body and just not up to the typical Canon standards. I’m not saying it...
  11. M

What’s next from Canon?

I personally don’t think that we will see a 40 mp R body coming anytime soon. That is probably more likely in Canons second iteration of R and RP bodies with IBIS. The next R series body is likely to be in the 70-80 mp range with IBIS, IMO to compete with Sony.
  12. M

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

Ok, two high end Canon DSLRs do. Maybe a 6D? No other high end or lower cameras have GPS, so why would it be expected in a 90D or 6DII? So the comment about no GPS because its 2019 just doesn’t apply to Canon. It seems like Canon has actually done more than other manufacturers regarding...
  13. M

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

What other cameras have built in GPS? My 5DIV does, what else? Even a Nikon D850 has no GPS.
  14. M

Canon EOS 90D and Canon EOS M6 Mark II announcements coming at the end of August

Yes, that’s true, especially if the 90D is all polycarbonate. Maybe it will be something like a mix of some metal and some polycarbonate, like Nikon does with some models. I guess we will see shortly.
  15. M

Canon EOS 90D and Canon EOS M6 Mark II announcements coming at the end of August

I am a Canon user 5DIV and a Rebel SL1. Both very different grades of cameras. I used the SL1 for a trip to Europe and shot with it in drizzle one day and it never had a problem. From what I read the forthcoming 90D will have weather seals. My hunch is it will be a more robust build than...
  16. M

How do you know using a 90D would be a step down without knowing the true specs yet? My hunch is it will have much better DR than a 7D as well as other improved features, especially if Canon is considering making the 90D an amalgamation of an 80D and 7DII.
  17. M

A new EOS Rebel is coming this month, possibly an EOS Rebel T8i or entry level EOS M camera[CR1]

I really don’t see the point of continuing the Rebel DSLR at this point. I guess Canon marketing thinks otherwise, but it seems to me maybe a mirrorless Rebel might be more fitting, but I guess that might already be available in like an M100?
  18. M

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

I agree with you on the MP. Most people do not want or need more MP. Cleaner, images with a good low noise sensor with high DR is perfect for me. I use a 5DIV and that pixel count is about right for me. I say they need to continue to upgrade sensors in that MP range of around 30 - 36 MP.
  19. M

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

This is why I don’t just jump ship between brands. The industry is constantly evolving. The other reason for me is I like Canon ergonomics, colors and my workflow is down pretty well.