Search results

1. DominoDude

I need an new xl backpack

I've just started looking into the new Mindshift Backlight Elite 45 from Think Tank. I'm not about to stuff it with a 600mm, but from their video it is said that it should be possible.
  2. DominoDude

How young is everyone?

This is not a bell curve, it's a six fingered Canonite coming in from the left flipping the bird. And I'm doing my best to make that bird stick out a li'l bit more. Born after JFK died, but before Neil Armstrong put his feet on the moon.
  3. DominoDude

Sadly, the 6dm2 and 5div to be obsolete shortly

The very same day I see the first big beautiful print made from a spec. sheet, is the same day I sell my Canon bodies and stuff the lenses where the sun don't shine.
  4. DominoDude

Best Big White Lens to Choose

I'm a bit odd, but I would aim at a 300/2.8L Mark II + the 1.4 teleconverter, or the 500/4L +1.4 TC. I've never heard anyone say a bad word about the 300mm, not even when it's coupled with the 1.4TC. Also, it would be cheaper to start with, and if you get second thoughts you can sell it and get...
  5. DominoDude

What's next in 300-500mm primes and zooms?

I second this one! If I hadn't allowed mine to bounce around after a drop (including the body) I would still praise my 400/5.6L. The only bad thing about that lens concept is the f/5.6 part - it is a sunny weather lens. I got mine used for something like $800-900. The weight is roughly the same...
  6. DominoDude

Show your Bird Portraits

Good ones, AlanF! It must be because their Swedish. ;) I hope you got a chance to get some rare species too, something that you don't normally find at "home".
  7. DominoDude

Show your Bird Portraits

Very artistic way to shoot a pheasant, Don!
  8. DominoDude

Show your Bird Portraits

I love Kookaburras - just as much for their sound as for their looks. Great one, AlanF!
  9. DominoDude

The 30 Year Evolution of Canon EOS Cameras Visualised

I have only owned two, and they are still in my possession. A 50D and a 7D. Now that I'm back to working and having a salary, I have my aim set for a third Canon EOS - going for my first FF. It just takes a few more months...
  10. DominoDude

Show your Bird Portraits

First, the Red breasted Merganser is superb, both as a photo and as a bird. Don't think we have that one here. Yes, female Kingfishers have the lower bill orange during nesting season, except for the outer part. Male's are all black, both upper and lower. Young ones look like the males, but...
  11. DominoDude

Show your Bird Portraits

Great shot of the female Kingfisher, Eldar! If you're lucky they'll nest at least one more time and you could get great shots of the young ones as they start to dart around. I'm guessing the riverside on the other side consists of light clay and sand and that's why they've decided to dig out...
  12. DominoDude

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

That's the way to time a shot! Couldn't be better.
  13. DominoDude

Show your Bird Portraits

Great series on the female, AlanF! (And for those who wonder how we can tell it's a female: You've got to check the lower parts... as in the lower half of the bill.)
  14. DominoDude

Sony Overtakes #2 Position in U.S. Full-Frame Interchangeable Lens Camera Market

Thanks for the dislikes and the free speech...
  15. DominoDude

Show your Bird Portraits

It looks more like a Drongo, perhaps a Fork-tailed drongo - Dicrurus adsimilis, but I'm not familiar with the birds in Africa. The hooked bill doesn't resemble anything I have seen on any Starling, The red eye, and the shape of the tail feathers also make me think along the lines of Drongo.
  16. DominoDude

Your best animal shots!

It's the scientific expression for the mating embrace, many don't know what it's called.
  17. DominoDude

Your best animal shots!

hehe Jack, I identify them by the size difference. And as you mention yours being trysexual - similar happens around here, too. You can see them being stacked 3 croakers high, or worse. The poor female have to drag them all around.
  18. DominoDude

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Great Stilt, Jeff!
  19. DominoDude

Show your Bird Portraits

I love your Bee-eaters, AlanF! They are high on the list of species I want to spot here in Sweden - we've had a few (1-3) the last couple of years that have flown wrong and ended up on our south-east parts. If I remember correctly, one couple even managed to nest on Öland last year or the year...
  20. DominoDude

Your best animal shots!

Edible frog - Pelophylax esculentus One out of a total of 19 different amphibians - toads, frogs and newts - found in Sweden. The second shot shows a male and female in amplexus.