Search results

1. S

7D mark II with a broken built in flash

My friend used my 7DII on a tripod and it fell off. The built-in flash popped up during the accident and cannot be closed completely. I opened up the camera flash cover (just 4 tiny screws), pressed down the flash and found that the blockage to complete closing up of the flash was due to a...
  2. S

buy a 1DX used now or wait to buy a 5D4 later

I was planning to buy a 5D4 to replace my 5D3. Waiting for the price to come down a bit next year. Now I was offered a used 1DX (2013 - less than 25K shutter count) in mint condition with everything original included. The price is right - US$2.4K equivalent. I only shoot stills , mostly...
  3. S

Choice of buying used camera body

My friend is looking to buy a FF camera body. He wants to buy one of the followings and need some opinion. a. Canon 5D Mark II - some minor signs of use, looks clean and comes with basic accessories, i.e. charger, battery and strap. (Priced at US$700 equivalent) b. Canon 6D - looks very clean...
  4. S

Sharing experience of DIY repair (5D classic)

I have the opportunity to pick up an original Canon 5D (mark 1 or classic) recently. The price was so so low and the camera was cosmetically very nice and it was working well. It even came with a Canon battery grip and 2 original batteries (seem holding charge quite okay) and the box and...
  5. S

Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

I never owned and used a Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS but is it really that bad. See performance from 0.45 onwards https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CVRKLIs7ea0
  6. S

useability of FD lens on EOS M

when clearing things up during an ice storm (warning), find this lens mounted on a AE1-program. Test it on a X5. (600D t3i Japanese version) Don't have an adapter for it so attached it to a cheap macro tube with duct tape. Of course it cannot focus to infinity but close shooting seems pretty...
  7. S

EOS M video gear

Now in action
  8. S

Deal : 40MM Pancake in Ontario Canada

Staples posted in the flyer received today (effective 7-17 Dec, 2013) EF 40mm F2.8 STM for only $119.93
  9. S

Camera skin for 5D MK III

Anybody used this product to protect your 5D III ? It looks ugly to some but may be good for transport. BTW, couldn't find a LCD screen protector for the top info plate. Where to find one please ?
  10. S

5 D Mark III and Helios 44-2/44M

Anybody try the above combinations ? Will there be mirror problem and is modification to the lens required ? (apart from a M42 to EOS adapter)
  11. S

protection or none ?

Your choice. Just hit the lens filter on the door knob, glass is broken but safe my lens.
  12. S

rear gelatin filter

Anybody here have the experience to use gelatin filter on a Canon 17 40 L ? May be some never realize that there is a built-in slot on this lens. What is the purpose of this design as people mentioned that gelatin filter will probably degrade IQ badly. others stated "As long as it isn't...
  13. S

Canon 24 70 2.8 L version I or Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC

Dear friends, I have just ordered a 6D body (refurbished) and have around $1K left to buy a lens for it. I am seriously consider to buy a 24-70 range F2.8 zoom lens and cannot decide on which one of the above is better in term of IQ and value. A 3 yrs' old used Canon L is asking on the...
  14. S

Autumn colors in Ontario Canada 2012

I broke my leg a few weeks back and thus have to cancel my planned trip to the beautiful Muskoka and Algonquin area. Attached are some pics taken with my Canon 40D in my neighborhood.
  15. S

wireless mobile adapter for canon ??

Quoted from Nikonrumours : "Nikon D600 will be Wi-Fi compatible with a new WU-1b wireless mobile adapter Read more on NikonRumors.com: http://nikonrumors.com/2012/09/11/nikon-d600-will-be-compatible-with-the-wu-1a-wireless-mobile-adapter.aspx/#ixzz26P4KXXlP" Will Canon make one for the Canon...
  16. S

A snap shot in St Petersburg, Russia

When I was shopping at the cruise terminal of SP, the salesman at the other side of the display window asked me to give him a quick shot. He then showed this photo to his fellow workers and said that he is going to be a star someday. I promised to post it on the internet but have no idea where...
  17. S

AutoHDR

One phot processed with AutoHdr
  18. S

CANON AE-D ?

FAKE CANON MIRRORLESS - 18MEGAPIXELS WITH 50MM F1 L KIT LENS EVF ETC.