Search results

1. N

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III rumoured specifications [CR1]

With these specs and if they can significantly improve the focus and ISO, this will be a very competitive camera vs other flagships. This would make me very happy and sign me up for a pre-order! Santa can bring me B H gift cards!!!!
  2. N

Canon is gearing up for a big 2020 [CR2]

I.m there with you. Usually orders take some time to fill.
  3. N

The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is coming in 2020

This is along the lines of what I am feeling now. RF vs E mount in the future. Either my amassed EF lenses will need to be adapted some way or other and I’ll likely need to start updating. It’s not starting over but it sure feels that way.
  4. N

Yes very curious about the a7riv low light focus and performance....and an affordable 600 mm option is really attractive!!
  5. N

Yes to make this interesting it would definitely need to have something in the range of 32-35 MP and an improved AF and ISO performance. Added to IBIS it would at least be competitive.
  6. N

More about the upcoming high-megapixel EOS R system camera [CR2]

Unfocused, may I ask what type of shooting you use your 5DSR? In your experience, is the keeper rate reasonable handheld?
  7. N

More about the upcoming high-megapixel EOS R system camera [CR2]

So if people are thinking the R is the 5DIV equivalent are we thinking of a whole new Canon product cycle before we see a mirror less technology jump aka the R II to see some real advancement in a 5Dish line? Is the thought that there won’t be a 5D5 DSLR next year? I love the idea of more...
  8. N

Patent: 83mp full-frame image sensor from Canon

It would be wonderful to have a 1dx replacement with about 30 mp so it would be competitive with Sony’s offerings ( A9 ii is rumored to be in the 30 mp range).
  9. N

Canon to announce EOS-1D X equivalent EOS R system camera in 2021?

Yes I got one when they first launched it and used it along with my 5D3. I liked the touchscreen, the added cropping ability and the silent shutter but the price at the time 3200 didn’t justify the positives so I returned it. I shoot sports/events, portraits and landscapes so the 5D line has...
  10. N

Canon to announce EOS-1D X equivalent EOS R system camera in 2021?

Yes wanting a next step over the 5D IV. I’m feeling the long refresh cycles. I’m due for an upgrade with my 5D3...waiting until late 2020 is not a happy thought. The high MP cameras likely won’t have the flexibility of either of these cameras. I realize Sony seems to be pushing out cameras...
  11. N

What’s next from Canon?

Another seemingly simple question... My Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II died this week from jumping out of my backpack onto a rather formidable piece of concrete after a football game. It would have been a much better eulogy if it had been a death by tackle or something, but alas it was not...
  12. N

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

My thoughts are consistent with many of you. I've taken my 5D3 all over the world and it's been put through very challenging conditions, taken quite the beating and never failed me. I love my EF L lenses and I am happy with all of them. I didn't make the 5D4 jump (I tried it and returned it)...
  13. N

Canon said to have scrapped at least one DSLR in development [CR2]

I am hoping for a 5DS replacement. For those using the EF adaptor for the EOS R how well is it working? I don’t see many reviews yet on the new R versions of L version of glass. I can’t see my wallet replacing all of my L glass overnight.
  14. N

Updated list of unreleased Canon gear

If Canon keeps adding R lenses, what happens to the L line? The new R lenses aren’t designated as such.
  15. N

Whoop here it is ; ad600 PRO

This is helpful. I would not be using strobes in studio. I shoot mostly on location shots. Thank you so much. Is it easy to obtain and get replacement parts, bulbs etc.?
  16. N

Lensrentals.com Puts the EF 85mm f/1.4L IS Through The Machine Testing

Excellent review and beautiful pictures. Just got my copy and I am looking forward to testing it out!
  17. N

Whoop here it is ; ad600 PRO

What do you prefer about the Godox besides high speed sync? I'm debating between the two and appreciate your insight.
  18. N

Canon EF 85mm f1.4L IS vs Canon EF f1.8

I've seen lots of comparisons from Sigma, Tamron and the Canon f1.2L but nothing noting how the new Canon 1.4 L compares to the 1.8. Obviously the IS and slight f stop difference but what about CA, vingetting and sharpness? Anyone have both lenses?
  19. N

The 5DsR mk2

What is everyone's experience using the 5Ds/r for landscape or wildlife photography? Can you use it hand-held? Any reason to be concerned if you are using only L glass? I got the 5D IV and returned it as it wasn't a big enough jump over my 5D III. The extra DR was nice, but not enough to...