Search results

1. P

Deal: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Body $1899

Re: Deal: Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L II $1399 & Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1899 Canon really need to get some IS in their 24-70 f2.8!
  2. P

Review - Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II by LensRentals.com

As a Canon 35L Mark I owner I'm really not going to upgrade at that price. What are Canon smoking? I'll happily buy one if it was $250 less.
  3. P

New Canon USA Website

Wow what a mess! The homepage image is stretched depending on the screen size you view it on. The image should be set to background-size:cover in CSS. The effect when you hover over the images is way off. Who on earth did they get to do this? It's embarrassing that for an imaging company the...
  4. P

Announcement: Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II

What sort of price should we be looking at for the UK. For me that's extremely expensive but want to upgrade my 35L as it's my most used lens.
  5. P

Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS in Development? [CR1]

I've got a Tamron 24-70 and couldn't be happier. So glad I didn't buy the 24-70 Cannon. The IS is a godsend.
  6. P

Next L Lens From Canon Will be a Prime [CR2]

I would buy a 35L Mark II to replace my Mark I. Not really sure the 135L needs IS, but if it was sharper (which is gonna be hard) I would replace mine.
  7. P

Sigma 85mm f/1.4 Art Lens Next? [CR2]

What exactly is wrong with the current 85m f1.4? I own it and it's right up there with my Canon L lenses. Do we need a 85 ART?
  8. P

21mp Sensor in the 7D Mark II? [CR1]

I'm sorry things like this never sit with me. I don't believe articles like this for 2 reasons: 1. If a camera is due for release in the next six months, they wouldn't be making decisions about what is going to be in the camera. They know already and have already made that decision. If they...
  9. P

Sigma 35 f/1.4 POST-RELEASE hands-on views

There's something seriously wrong with the bokeh tests of the 35L. I saw a post on here or maybe another forum of where somebody had the dots issue in the bokeh. Turned out it was a faulty 35L. Looks like they have the same issue.
  10. P

Review - Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD with Pictures

Nice review. Very informative. I got mine yesterday. It's as good as everyone says. Sharp sharp sharp. Can I ask you, what processing do you do on your photos? Lightroom or via PS actions?
  11. P

Canon are obsessed with an IS version of the 24-70

Just had my CPS email: If they want to keep calling it the IS, why not just make one:
  12. P

Sigma 35 f/1.4 DG HSM First Impressions

Sigma are certainly not doing too bad. The original 30mm was one of the greatest lenses ever. I just wonder when Canon are going to renew their 35L.
  13. P

The Digital Picture resolution tests are up for the EF 24-70 f/2.8L II

The Tamron is sharper at 70mm compared to Sample 1, but not Sample 2
  14. P

The Digital Picture resolution tests are up for the EF 24-70 f/2.8L II

Look at the 2nd sample, the 24-70 II is good. Their 1st sample seems to be a dud.
  15. P

Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L II Arrived

Digitalrev are really taking the michael with the 24-70 II In GBP, it comes to £2200. That's £950 more than if I went to the US and picked one up (minus import duty) No thanks at that price, no matter how sharp it is.
  16. P

Describe the 6D in one word...

Embarrassing!
  17. P

Reminder: Announcements on September 17, 2012

a new 35L maybe now the 24-70 II has gone to retail? What about a new 300 f4?
  18. P

24-70 vs 24-70 II

Please please do some outdoor wide and tele comparisons in daylight on a tripod.
  19. P

Should I sell 35L f/1.4 to get 24-70II?

No way! What is it with everyone saying yes? I bought my 35L not because I wanted to shoot in low light but because I adore the photography you can get with a shallow depth of field. Yes the 24-70 II will offer you great versatility, but you can't touch the 35L for the depth of field. They...
  20. P

Post your 24-70 II Experiences Here

How long have you had it and how comes you've got a non production version?