Search results

1. B

EOS Film Body - Compatibility with my Canon lenses

I'm thinking about taking a film photo course at the local JC, and I thought that I should try to get a Canon film camera body that would work with my existing Canon lenses. Having no previous experience with film, I thought that I should ask here before spending cash on a random camera body...
  2. B

Whoop here it is ; ad600 PRO

I'm trying to see all the actual differences. What I see so far: 1. Faster recycle time (< 1 sec @ full power) 2. 3x more powerful LED modeling lamp 3. Integrated reflector What else am I missing? I picked up a couple of the "old" version when they went on sale for half this price. Pretty...
  3. B

Canon Studio Pro & Pro 100

I am attempting to create profiles using Canon Studio Pro using my own photos. I have been following the instructions, using the "Pattern Print", but I'm not convinced that I love the results. Of course, different photos have different colors in them, so what looks correct for one photo ends...
  4. B

Tether Tools Case Air Wireless Tethering System

So I received my Case Air, and have only been able to play with it for about half an hour. I will do a more detailed review when I get a bit of time, but so far it's... fine. I am certainly not disappointed with it, but it's not blowing me away, either. I think it will rock for timelapse and...
  5. B

Well, I just ordered one! I figured I'd be one of the guinea pigs. I'll post back once it arrives with my thoughts on the unit and the software.
  6. B

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, this is pretty much what I thought. Since the CamRanger hardware is essentially available for $25 or so (without any of the CamRanger software on it), so obviously we're paying for the software which is fine. If the TetherTools software is as stable and usable as...
  7. B

I just saw the Tether Tools Case Air Wireless Tethering System (https://www.tethertools.com/product/case-air-wireless-tethering-system/) was announced as a pre-order item, available 11/1 for $160. I was just recently thinking about purchasing a CamRanger, which rings in at $300, so this looks...
  8. B

More Canon EOS M5 Specifications Emerge

Is there any way to guess what the picture quality improvement this will offer over the M3? I've been thinking about a smaller rig for some of our family outings, and the price of the M3 is certainly tempting. I'm not a quick-fire shooter, so most of the complaints that I've read wouldn't...
  9. B

1DX Mark 2 Raw Image Quality compared to 1DX

Great review! Thanks for sharing.
  10. B

Article to dig into at Luminous Landscape - Optimum exposure

I'm so confused. I read the article, and what I'm getting out of it is that we should overexpose our capture as much as possible, and that by doing so, we will have a "cleaner" image when we correct it back down in post. Is that what I'm reading? I'm new to this whole ETTL and ETTR concept...
  11. B

Post your best portraits(street, studio, candid etc...).

Here's a few of my favorites. https://www.flickr.com/photos/bwking/9687826110/in/photostream/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/bwking/10297972075/in/photostream/
  12. B

Insurance for Camera gear

I have mine through USAA. I don't recall exactly how much I pay for it, but I know it's not a ton (actually it's cheap enough that I don't think about it). I also have our renter's & auto insurance through them as well, and we've been pleased with the service/pricing.
  13. B

And yet again...great talent trumps any amount of equipment

I can't find it now, but I remember reading about this guy a while back, and it stated that he did much of the effects in camera. Just wanted to throw that out there in case it changes your perspective at all about what he's doing. Personally, I enjoy his work.
  14. B

PocketWizard Noob

I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on a set of PocketWizards to use with my two 430EX IIs and my 530EX II, but instead went with the Yongnuo YN-622C, and I love them. I haven't had any misfires with them, and they support wireless TTL. I'm really happy that I didn't spend the extra...