Search results

1. G

Images of the Canon EOS Ra appear – UPDATE

Looks like Adorama has removed the page, I'm getting a "404 Not Found" error clicking the link. Likely they accidentally put it up before they'd intended it to be public.
  2. G

M6 Mark II - Hands on Review

This thread has been up since yesterday, and no arguing, no flaming, no trolling? What's happened to the forum? ;-) Seriously, appreciate all the thoughtful and practical review info here.
  3. G

Here is a short list of unreleased Canon gear from certification agencies

Where did the photo accompanying the main article on the home page come from? It looks like an R with a crop sensor.
  4. G

Mirrorless viewfinders and wildlife photography

Interesting to hear about these real-life issues, thanks everyone for sharing. This is the first time I've heard about the issue of it being difficult to identify out of focus objects with an EVF. Any idea why this is the case? I wonder why reviews don't mention this issue.
  5. G

Canon explains RF lens technology and why bigger is better (sometimes)

What an annoying video. Starts with a photo where the stars are badly trailed, then the annoying voice and music, content wasn't explained well. Canon couldn't do better than this?
  6. G

Canon officially announces the EOS Rebel SL3

Question about the hotshoe missing the X sync contact; does this mean that things like simple radio triggers for off-camera flash won't work?
  7. G

Canon officially announces the EOS Rebel SL3

Are you sure it was Jimmy Carter's fault? I've never heard him blamed for that. In fact, I've read that he was the President who pushed to get us on the metric system.
  8. G

Canon Announces the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III and EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II

$210 for the (not included) tripod ring for the f/4?! And then you still need to buy an arca-swiss compatible foot.
  9. G

Show your Bird Portraits

I can certainly understand not wanting to walk around without the protection of the hood, but I can't help wondering if Canon had to make the hood so big - it almost doubles the size of the lens. I guess it reverses for storage, but it still seems a bit of a shame to have to lose the smallness...
  10. G

Why no APS-C "Holy Trinity"?

"Based on what we have seen, I don't think Canon sees a market for professional quality lenses for APS-C." bholliman, I agree, that's why I suggested lenses that weren't bullet-proof like the L lenses, good IQ but not professional grade in other respects. "The APS-C trinity is the EF-S...
  11. G

Why no APS-C "Holy Trinity"?

Full frame has their 16-35, 24-70, and 70-200 f/2.8 and f/4 lenses, but there are no equivalents for APS-C. The closest is the 17-55 f/2.8 from Canon and some third party manufacturers, but the wide end is only 27 mm equivalent, and those 3 mm make a significant difference. I think this is the...
  12. G

Advice 16-35 f2.8 version 2(not 3) vs 16-35 f4 IS

Isn't Tilt/Shift the only way to avoid keystoning? I don't think any standard wide angle lens can avoid keystoning.
  13. G

Hejnar Macro Rails

I haven't really tried much yet with changing focus, just recently realized that the changing relative positions when moving using the focus rail was what was causing the stacking problems. What issues did you have with changing focus?
  14. G

Hejnar Macro Rails

I have the RRS rail. The only issue I have with it is that when you lock it down there is a bit of image shift. I had read that using a rail was better for stacking than changing focus, but I'm not sure I agree with that now having some experience. Sure, focus breathing is an issue, but...
  15. G

Patent: Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 & EF 100mm f/1.8

Why would 100 mm be "a technically simpler focal length to design"?
  16. G

Deep Sky Astrophotography

Gorgeous
  17. G

Canon TC80n3

Seems like the Hahnel for Canon is discontinued: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/852088-REG/hahnel_HL_HWGIGA_C_Giga_T_Pro_II.html Edit: Seems to be replaced by this: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1305599-REG/hahnel_1000_715_0_captur_timer_kit_for.html Not small enough to conceal...
  18. G

Canon EOS Rebel SL2/200D/Kiss X9 Review | Dustin

Now I know that DxOMark ratings are bizarre - the 200D gets a better landscape rating than the 5DS or 5DS R? Higher than any other Canon bodies other than the 5D IV and 1DX III? Nothing against the 200D / SL2, but that seems pretty crazy.
  19. G

EF-135 f/2L at Adorama for $599 (USED)

Re: EF-135 f/2L at Adorama for $599 That's a used lens. They are still selling new ones for $999
  20. G

In search of an ~50mm faster prime lens

I have to admit, some of those "Johnny [shakedown]" do show depth really well.