Search results

1. L

KP3000 - an alternative to high end film scanners

Hi all, I started goofing around with rephotographing negatives a few months ago, and it lead to this: a kickstarter campaign. Even if it's not in your budget, you might be interested in the results I've been getting with my 5DSr and 100L. Have a look at the video, or just read the text...
  2. L

Arca Swiss compatible plate for M5?

Just an update: I did end up getting a Fittest brand RRS knockoff from ebay for less than $20, and it fits perfectly. No need to modify anything even to get the battery door all the way open - perhaps they've modified their design a little. Took a while to receive, but fits great on my RRS...
  3. L

Thanks for the replies! I read a review on the b&h site that with the RRS plate attached the screen wouldn't flip down all the way (selfie mode) ultimately not a deal breaker, but just wondering if there were others out there that were somehow not coming up in my searches. I might try the RRS...
  4. L

Hi All, Has anyone found an Arca Swiss compatible plate for their M5 that doesn't impact ANY functionality? It seems they mostly impede some movement of the screen. It might be too much to ask for I realize, but I thought I'd see if anyone had found a solution that worked for them. Thanks, -k
  5. L

Patent: Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/1.8-3.5

Since I know that Canon is waiting for my input, let me just say, YES PLEASE!
  6. L

5Ds screen replacement tips?

Thanks Mt Spokane and Eli! I was looking at focusingscreen earlier, but didn't notice the installation instruction link. (duh...) K
  7. L

5Ds screen replacement tips?

Hi All, I have a student abused 5Ds, in need of a focusing screen replacement. I found a supplier of OEM replacement screens on ebay, but was wondering if anyone had any experience with this particular bit of surgery? As I recall the 5Ds/sr have additional mirror dampening and possibly a more...
  8. L

Patent: Canon EF 200-600mm f/4.5-5.6 IS

off topic to say the least, but jim jones was in guyana, south america.
  9. L

More Mentions of EF-M Prime Lenses [CR1]

i was! (in my mind at least... didn't actually mention it to anyone.) but i'm very pleased about this rumor! i'd much prefer a fast 15mm than the slow uw zoom in this range. -k
  10. L

its all about the 5DS, who is using the 5DR

i too bought a 5dsr when canonpricewatch had an early street price deal and b&h still hadn't filled their preorders. anyway, moving from a 5dii, i'm very pleased with the upgrade but still feel like i'm just scratching the surface of what it can do. i was initially worried about not seeing too...
  11. L

TheDigitalPicture.com: 5Ds vs 5Ds-R crops posted

hi neuro, are you saying that the aa filtered images can have more sharpening applied than the aa cancelled images? if so, can you explain further? i'd love to find an excuse to stop waiting for the 5dsr and just get a 5ds. thanks, -karl
  12. L

Canon 25-105 L or 24-70 L ii for a landscape lens?

hi ryan, i have the both the 24-105 and the 24-70 mkII, shoot a lot of landscapes, and make 20x30" prints. since i bought the 24-70, the 24-105 doesn't get a lot of use. the added sharpness is just too good for me to pass up. (for some reason, despite being a "landscape photographer" i...
  13. L

5Ds/5DsR & Lens resolution - anomaly (Lensrentals ref.)

one thing to remember is that image resolution is a function of lens and sensor (someone else can supply the actual equation if they wish - i just know i've read it on other threads.) so even if a lens scores a 1300 on a high resolution sensor that doesn't mean that it will on a lower...
  14. L

Review: Canon EOS 5DS R by PhotographyBLOG

unless i'm mistaken, this is a review of the 5ds, not the 5dsr. -k
  15. L

Hands-on with the Canon EOS M3

wow - again, thanks for the thoroughness of your reply! it really helps. best, karl
  16. L

thanks krob78! very helpful. best, -karl
  17. L

Whoops! didn't see this til now! yes - the main thing i'm interested in about the upgrade is the evf. i find my compositions are sloppier with an lcd at arms length than with an eye level finder. then there's the daylight issue. anyway - what are your impressions of the evf? does the image...
  18. L

thanks for the thorough report archiea! i'm thinking long and hard about the m3, mostly for the evf. i've enjoyed the m1, but it would get used more if it had better af, an evf, and better iq - all things the m3 seems to have.
  19. L

11-24 is here, with images of it compared to Nikon 14-24

these type of gels are for lights only and not for lenses. they're not optically pure by any standard, and will degrade image quality. better to stick with kodak wratten filters or lee polyester filters, especially on a $3000 lens.