Search results

1. EverydayPhotographer

Here are a couple of Canon EOS M6 Mark II reviews

It would make more sense if there was any cross-compatibility on lenses at all. But if you have an RF-mount full frame with RF lenses, they're useless on the EF-M mount APS-C camera. The only commonality to cross lenses back and forth is via EF mount - not exactly a sustainable option if Canon...
  2. EverydayPhotographer

SIGMA again announces EF-M lenses, and mount conversion service

But with modern optics and a telescoping lens design, it doesn't need to be as long. And that's got a tangible value to it for a traveling photographer. A consumer-grade 100-400 style lens with a variable aperture to f/7.1 - while slow - would be plenty usable on sunny days for bird watching...
  3. EverydayPhotographer

And yet even the most basic telephoto kit lenses in Canon's EF-S line exceed 200mm. An EF-M equivalent to the 75-300 would even be a quantum leap forward. Doesn't stop me from longing for, well, longer, of course. Hence my statement about imagining a tiny 100-400 equivalent. Doesn't make it any...
  4. EverydayPhotographer

I'd like to see Canon get past 200mm in the EF-M mount. Imagine a tiny little equivalent to the 100-400... I agree with the commenter who mentioned earlier that they were hoping for a nice compact travel system but it still hasn't surfaced. Canon has to date released more M series bodies (10)...
  5. EverydayPhotographer

An APS-C sensor equipped EOS R camera mentioned again [CR1]

The 1.6 crop factor would be very attractive for shooting wildlife, etc. where the additional magnification afforded by a crop sensor camera is an advantage. In most of those type of daylight shooting situations, the image quality doesn’t really lag against what a full frame sensor will provide...
  6. EverydayPhotographer

An RF super telephoto zoom on the way, likely in late 2020 [CR1]

The RF version is about 1/2" smaller and 1/4 lb lighter than the mk. II EF that I had for comparison. I didn't realize that the mk. II was that much larger than its predecessor. I looked up the specs though, and you're right. Nearly same size, and it turns out the Mk. I was actually an ounce or...
  7. EverydayPhotographer

An RF super telephoto zoom on the way, likely in late 2020 [CR1]

The RF lenses have across the board been coming up shorter than their EF equivalents, because of the shorter rear focal distance, etc. Its the same reason that the EF-M lenses for the M series mirrorless cameras are so much smaller than the EF-S lenses for DSLRs, even though they need to project...
  8. EverydayPhotographer

A new EOS Rebel is coming this month, possibly an EOS Rebel T8i or entry level EOS M camera[CR1]

I spent a week with an EOS RP and RF24-105f/4.0L two weeks ago, and I have to say that if there is any singular reason to dive into the R series, its the strength of the lenses. They're unbelievable (in the limited exposure I had). The single biggest negative would be the lack of cross...
  9. EverydayPhotographer

The Canon EOS M5 Mark II and Canon EOS M6 Mark II are on the way [CR1]

It’s still frustrating. If these two bodies are released, it furthers a disparity in the M series - they have released 9 M series bodies, but only 7 EF-M lenses. I’d love to see that “support” include additional lenses to fill in some gaps in the system.
  10. EverydayPhotographer

Patent: Tiny Canon 100-400mm lens and camera

And that's why it'd be a good spy cam. ;)
  11. EverydayPhotographer

EOS Magazine interviews Mike Burnhill of Canon Europe

The list goes on and on! From the get-go, Canon hasn't treated the M series lens line like a serious product. To date, there have been more M series bodies released than native lenses. Maybe I am misreading the M market - it certainly can do no wrong in Japan. I'm sure it is wishful thinking to...
  12. EverydayPhotographer

Patent: Canon RF 100-400mm f/3.5-5.6L IS and more

I've rented the EF 100-400L II several times, and it has impressed me enough that it is on the short list of lenses I would rather own than rent. Given the success so far, a native RF version excites me. The biggest problem with the R series cameras is the lack of an RF to EF-M adapter. I have...