Search results

1. neuroanatomist

EF lens adapter on mirrorless body

An adapter will never change the focal length – that’s intrinsic to a lens. The angle of view (or if you prefer, the equivalent focal length) changes with sensor size. So, if you adapt your 11-24 to a FF MILC it remains 11-24mm, but if you adapt it to an EOS M the equivalent would be 17-38mm...
  2. neuroanatomist

Upgrade to m6 ii or RP for family memories in low light

If the 22/2 AoV works, I’d take RF 35/1.8 on the RP. Best of both worlds, cost notwithstanding.
  3. neuroanatomist

Upgrade to m6 ii or RP for family memories in low light

Personally, I would choose a full frame sensor for low light shooting.
  4. neuroanatomist

Images and specifications for the upcoming RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS & DM-E100

The EF 70-300L and 100-400L II have the same design, as do the standard (24/28-xx) L zooms for RF and EF.
  5. neuroanatomist

Canon is gearing up for a big 2020 [CR2]

Perhaps Sony = Sauron?
  6. neuroanatomist

Canon officially announces the IVY REC clippable outdoor camera

Because you enjoy misinformation?
  7. neuroanatomist

The Canon EOS 5D Mark V is in the works [CR2]

Lol. APS-C cameras far outsell FF, and the M series is the bestselling MILC. But it’s a niche market. Sure. :rolleyes:
  8. neuroanatomist

Market share reports?

What is market share, and why does it matter? :p
  9. neuroanatomist

Perhaps there’s another Vaio moment in your future.
  10. neuroanatomist

Written from the perspective of insider knowledge that you lack.
  11. neuroanatomist

How often to clean dust from the front element of the lens?

I use B+W MRC Nano, either clear (007) or UV (010), depending on which is cheaper in the size I need at the time I buy it. LensPen for cleaning both filters and front elements (I wish they made a bigger LensPen, cleaning a 150mm diameter front element with that little disc is a PITA, although...
  12. neuroanatomist

Here’s the upcoming Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM zooming in and out

Have there been four prior models of the 24-70/2.8 that were fixed zoom lenses?
  13. neuroanatomist

Here’s the upcoming Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM zooming in and out

Yeah. When I pointed out the zoom lock switch, someone replied that maybe it was to lock the internal zoom elements. I hope they were being facetious.
  14. neuroanatomist

Patent: Canon RF 70-240mm f/4 IS and RF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS

Not per se. But in the Canon lineup, there is only one constant aperture zoom lens that’s not an L lens, the EF-S 17-55/2.8 IS (unless I’ve missed one or more). All FF constant aperture zoom lenses are L. To me, that suggests an RF 70-240/4 IS will have a red ring.
  15. neuroanatomist

Compared to lenses like the RF 50, 85 and 28-70, a lens priced like the EF 70-200/4L IS would be ‘affordable’
  16. neuroanatomist

What makes you think it’s not an L?
  17. neuroanatomist

The Sony user pile on.

You failed to bow to the virtues of the Holy Exmor and the associated amazing DR and ability to underexpose by 10-stops and still produce a superlative image. Clearly, you deserved to be smote down, you should be grateful for a mere banishment.