Search results

1. Y

You can now download the manual for the brand new Canon EOS 90D

Well regarding the cases, it's not a feature for novices - it's included in my 5DM4 as well as in the 1DX from 2012 - so it's more like a comfort feature and Canon decided not to provide this comfort to their latest DSLR - so it's the opposite of what you say and it does not make sense at all...
  2. Y

You can now download the manual for the brand new Canon EOS 90D

I'm normally not one complaining about Canon to leave away features in lower end cameras. I love my 2 1DX Mark I's. I had a 7DMII but never was really satisfied with the sharpness , so sold it and used my 1Dx. I hoped to get a smaller body, 10fps sports companion for the 1DX, a 7DMIII or a 90D...
  3. Y

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

Well, does it skips the AA filter ? (hopefully) 45 AF points are more than i need - i never ever use automatic AF point selection anyway, just one point with 4 surounding helper points - with 10fps this is more than enough for me to use it as a baby 1DX. Hopefully the body is small (like a...
  4. Y

What’s next for the Canon EOS R system and the rest of the lineup?

well, just give me more FPS in Servo Mode on the R - other than that i LOVE it. I just did some testing with my 100 f2.8 IS L on the EOS-R and really it blew me away. My dog wasn't really fast running (just normal walked towards me), i used the R in Av mode, Auto ISO , longest shutter time set...
  5. Y

A sensible EOS R review

- like this one too
  6. Y

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

well i'm trying to say that the increased amount of dust on mirrorless camera's sensors is a problem and Canon had a nice idea how to solve that to some extend. It really is something special compared to the competition. The camera lacks a lot of things not only because it's entry level but...
  7. Y

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

no - and i really dont understand this. Are beginners and enthusiasts not hit by sensor dust ? Would they not identify large spots on their printed familiy images ? I think it is one of the innovations of the R that it solve's the dust issue much better than any other mirrorless - and they...
  8. Y

Is the Canon EOS RP the next camera up?

Your comment, especially the part with 3rd world . tells me a lot - about you.
  9. Y

Thoughts on the Canon EOS R roadmap

Well, give me a decent AF Servo Tracking with more than the current EOS-R frames per second - that's all i need in addition to what i got with my R. So far, i leave any mirrorless canon at home ( i own a m50 as well) , if i'm out with my dogs every day. "Action" shots are just not possible with...
  10. Y

APS-C DSLR lineup to get a shake up? [CR1]

The AI Eye AF (with tracking i Servoe Mode ) looks very interesting from their youtube videos, but i don't like the a6xxx sytöe bodies at all. And yes, the price sounds interesting as well. Still would like to see those features in a different body.
  11. Y

APS-C DSLR lineup to get a shake up? [CR1]

I really need a small (not my 1DX - to heavy to take with with me on every dog walk) DSLR with fps in the range of 7-9 and very good to great AF Servo tracking capabilities. It could be a R - but not with current Servo AF and fps. Ideally no AA filter. There is none and i really think about a...
  12. Y

New major firmware for the Canon EOS R should arrive soon

Oh i'm not trying to defend Canon nor do i blame Sony or someone else. I tried almost every camera brand and many models , i actually owned a few nikons. All have their pros and cons - it's just that the ergonomics count the most for me and Canon wins here since a while. And anything else is not...
  13. Y

You must have had a bad day or why are you so angry on me ? I never questioned that Sony'S Eye-AF may be better than someone else's Eye-AF - i just never use it. And what would do a great Eye AF on a Sony for me if i had to use a body with terrible ergonomics ? I'm a professional child...
  14. Y

well, i focus on the face and use surrounding af points on my dslr - servo mode to track and then shoot bursts - i shoot running dogs since decades basically and they move faster than kids. works fine for me :-)
  15. Y

well, i disable DPAF anyway and also lens corrections and all that in order to get maximum speed in terms of fps.
  16. Y

I own a EOS-R since s a few weeks and start loving it. I get used to the Touch & Drag AF but still miss the joystick some times. The main issue for me is the slow FPs in Servo Mode cmpared to One_Shot. Maybe this get a little better with the new firnware ? fyi: I programmed the MFn Bar to Low...
  17. Y

Photography Blog Review

This is at least the second review that states that the EOS-R has no AA filter - this is not correct, isn't it ? ("Behind that cover lies a 30.3 megapixel CMOS sensor without an optical low-pass filter. " The R HAS an AA filter (according to e.g...
  18. Y

Question: EVF of the EOS R - compared to Sony 7AIII?

I tested the R at photokina and was really impressed with the EVF - it is a whole different world compared to e.g. my m50. I never touched a sony long enough however to be able to compare it. I only can say that my concerns with mirrorless cameras were the EVF and the dust on the sensor problem...
  19. Y

So the banding is back??

what strike's me is that you wrote you want to replace the 1DX II with an R model - that sounds odd to me as you will miss the frames per second (and the joystick ;-) ) - regardless of the banding "issue".
  20. Y

Canon Launches New Flagship XF705 Professional Camcorder Featuring 4K Video Recording at 60P/4:2:2/10-Bit

Wanting to have top notch stills features without paying for 4K video crap (if you dont use it because you are not in the video business at all) is by far not living in the past - it make's a lot of sense from a photographers perspective - but it will not happen anymore because such is life...