1. J

Black & White

The Wemp Barn in Winter by John Berninger, on Flickr
  2. J

Black and White Landscapes!

The Wemp Barn in Winter by John Berninger, on Flickr
  3. J

Canon Rumors Turns 10 Years Old

Re: Happy Birthday, Canon Rumors Turns 10 Years Old Today Happy birthday! I bought my first DSLR, the EOS 40D, right around the time you started. I've enjoyed everything about your site, from the great photography to the spirited discussions about the Dynamic Range of sensors. Here's to many...
  4. J

Sunrise in the morning in the first hour

I love the subtle colors and depth
  5. J

Sunrise in the morning in the first hour

Farm Pond Moonrise by John Berninger, on Flickr 4:56 AM,before sunrise
  6. J

Another "Which PP Software is Best" Thread.

I've been using ON 1 Photo RAW, and it's a great all in one solution. It was released with a lot of bugs, but is is usable now. I still use Dxo Optics 11 as a raw converter, and I haven't done any comparisons between ON1 and Dxo yet for raw conversion. Any stand alone program, such as Dxo or Nik...
  7. J

Black & White

He looks like a statue, and I mean that as a good thing.
  8. J

Black & White

Barn with Towers by John Berninger, on Flickr
  9. J

Flowers and other Flora

Shensi Fir Tree by John Berninger, on Flickr
  10. J

Black and White Landscapes!

Stone Wall at Peaked Hill by John Berninger, on Flickr
  11. J

B&W Waterscapes and Nautical Scenes...

nice tone, peaceful feeling
  12. J

B&W Waterscapes and Nautical Scenes...

The Sailing Camp by John Berninger, on Flickr Gay Head Rocks by John Berninger, on Flickr
  13. J

DxO OpticsPro 11

I upgraded to v10 a few weeks ago so I could use my G5X, and I was able to upgrade to v11 for free. Worth checking out if you went to v10 recently. It was nice of them to do that, although on my old iMac I am not expecting a speed boost.
  14. J

Issue with macro stacking and Photoshop

The Magic Lantern firmware add-on allows automated acquisition of of images which will get everything in focus for you. I used it along with Zerene Stacker (it should work with Photoshop,too) to get these images: Hostas by John Berninger, on Flickr Two Sprouts by John Berninger, on Flickr
  15. J

On1 Photo 10 with/without Adobe Photoshop LightRoom.

I've been using ON 1 Photo 10 as a Lightroom plugin and I really like it. Unlike Lightroom, it allows the use of layers. However, I still need Lightroom for accessing my Topaz Black and White plugin.
  16. J

Black & White

Barn with Stone Ramp by John Berninger, on Flickr
  17. J

Telephoto landscapes / seascapes

Incoming Wave by John Berninger, on Flickr
  18. J

Cycling

The first one is really great, the way the fence and dotted line lead to the rider.
  19. J

Please share your snow/ Ice Photos with us in CR.

That's a beauty, Jeff. I am fortunate to spend 6 weeks a year on Martha's Vineyard, but I've never been there in the winter. I will be visiting you website and blog.
  20. J

Your Photography Beginning

In the mid 1980's, my brother left his Minolta X700 on the roof of his car and drove away, and he was unable to find it. He sold me his lenses and I bought myself an X700. My wife borrowed the camera and began a successful career as a fine art photographer (see www.floppypoppy.com). I had a...