Search results

1. G

Canon EOS R “One YEAR Later” REVIEW…does it hold up?

A fair video. I too am one of those Canon enthusiasts waiting to see what Canon does for us 5D & 1D users. The wait is becoming a little long, but I too believe that 2020 is the year Canon comes out of the barn with guns blazing. For the time being, my 5DM3 continues to function normally and...
  2. G

Patent: Here is Canon’s IBIS unit

Are you being serious? Just about every component in every camera is covered by some kind of patent. What are you even talking about?
  3. G

Canon’s New DP-V3120 4K Reference Display Delivers Unprecedented HDR Capabilities

I find it hilarious that people are defending $40K for a monitor, and shrugging off Apple’s 6K monitor which is clearly meant to compete in this space. And of course, still focusing on the $999 stand. It just goes to show the hatred for anything Apple, even when true value stares them right in...
  4. G

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

The only thing having me wait for whatever "pro" body Canon has in store are the stellar RF lenses and the superior ergonomics. Sony is definitely giving Canon a gut-punch with this new camera, so I hope Canon gets something in consumers hands quickly. That being said, I will continue to...
  5. G

SIGMA announces the “SIGMA fp”, the world’s smallest and lightest mirrorless digital camera* with a full-frame image sensor

People seem to be forgetting that it’s no longer “pocketable” once you have a lens on it.
  6. G

Ended: Canon EOS 5DS R Body $1704 (Reg $3699)

It's tempting. I do underwater photography and it's the underwater housings that are crazy expensive. The 5DS will fit the housing currently used for my 5DM3. Nonetheless, I myself am waiting to see what Canon does with a pro-body R camera system. I've decided my next camera will be a...
  7. G

Canon increased its global market share of still cameras in 2018

Im curious who the market leader is by revenue.
  8. G

Unreleased Canon Cinema EOS camera used for 8K capture at WWDC

This monitor is not your everyday monitor purchased in a computer store. This is a reference-level monitor that competes with monitors that cost at least $18,000 and beyond. So in reality, this monitor is a bargain in the industry. Funny that we don't hear from people complaining about the...
  9. G

Canon officially announces the RF 85mm f/1.2L USM

This lens isn’t for you. Step aside for those that feel this lens is a worthy addition. I for one will consider it when a pro R body is introduced.
  10. G

Review: Datacolor SpyderX Elite Monitor Calibration Tool

Monitors do go dim over time. It's not much, but enough to affect the color temperature and hence, your photos. The room I do my photography work in has one small window which I keep the drapes closed most of the time and one single ceiling lamp that is not reflected anywhere on the monitor...
  11. G

A couple of EOS R cameras that can be considered “pro” are in the pipeline [CR1]

I'm patiently waiting for a 5D-equivalent R-body. I absolutely love my 5DM3 and while I am quite excited with what Canon is doing (particularly with the R-lenses) I want a 5D-equivalent R-body that doesn't sacrifice what my 5D dSLR is so good at. Battery life, joystick, dials, and...
  12. G

Review: Datacolor SpyderX Elite Monitor Calibration Tool

I use Spyder every month and its a must-have in my quiver of photography tools. If you're not calibrating your monitor, then you're not serious about photography in my opinion.
  13. G

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III field testing has begun [CR2]

All this shows is that Canon is still fully-committed to dSLR's and Mirrorless. There's room for both. Why must one win over the other? There are countless of dSLR's still in use today and I'm sure someone has made a determination that they will still be a market worth selling to. I'm happy...
  14. G

Canon officially announces the development of 6 new RF mount lenses

Canon has to start somewhere and I think they're doing a fantastic job with how they're handling the introduction of their mirrorless productions. If Canon introduced a pro-body first, I know with absolutely certainty that everyone would be whining about not having decent RF lenses. With this...
  15. G

Lower end EOS R body to omit the touch bar

My niche-wish-list is for a pro-level R body and a major manufacturer of underwater housings like Aquatica or Nauticam to release a housing for that camera. Until then, I'll continue enjoying my fully-capable 5DMIII. The people that their shiny new MILC cameras make dSLR's suddenly inoperable...
  16. G

Lower end EOS R body to omit the touch bar

In your bubble perhaps. In what we live in called "reality", Canon is doing just fine. They are coming out with more world-class RF lenses, and had a good, solid start with their R-body. Nothing in your prophetic belief has any truth to it.
  17. G

As many as 7 new RF lenses coming in 2019 [CR2]

The dSLR is 104 years old? How many pixels was it back in 1915?
  18. G

Patent: Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM

The RF mount is the exact same size as the EF mount. Only the distance between the mount and sensor has been reduced. From what I've read, it does allow elements to be pushed towards the back of the lens, and less elements to be used overall so the lens would technically be lighter. As to why...
  19. G

The follow-up to the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II may come in 2019 [CR2]

It's just rants from wannabe weekend shooters. They've never tried the 1DX line and these kind of people need something new and shiny every year to keep their attention span. Meanwhile, pro-shooters continue on with what works best for them. The 1DX line is an incredible system. Sure...
  20. G

The first RF mount super telephoto lens will be a DO lens [CR2]

As if the EF versions are cheap already?