Search results

1. jjesp

Patent: Lower cost RF mount prime and zoom lenses, including an RF 16-35mm f/4

But still no 28mm?? Come on Canon. Make one now!
  2. jjesp

The Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II is finally on the way

What were the designers thinking??? Must be the most ugly camera Canon ever has released.... Ok, it takes pictures. And will make photos with smiling people when they look at the camera. Clever. But really?
  3. jjesp

Preorder: Canon EOS RP camera and kits

I don't think it is possible to make a pancake lens in 24mm full frame. As I heard it can only be made around 35-40mm view.
  4. jjesp

Yes, that 40mm is such a fantastic lens for the price. If you can live with the f/2.8, you get at super sharp and nice image quality. Love it. And less than half the price for a Fujinon 27mm f/2.8 pancake. Really hope that Canon will make a RF version of that lens! But it will like not happen in...
  5. jjesp

Canon officially announces the EOS RP

They are just teasing Fuji ;)
  6. jjesp

Would be so nice to have a pancake lens for this system! A 35 or 40mm. Or a tiny 28mm f/2.8. Would be so great for street and travel. If it ever happens, I would consider to go back to Canon from Fuji.
  7. jjesp

Interview: Canon execs talk EOS RP with Imaging Resource

I have the same problem with the Fujis... But actually I believe that the problem is the eyecup and not the viewfinder itself. But maybe an EVF with more power would help in the future.. The worst thing about EVF is, when you get used to it - you really miss it when going back to dslr's. At...
  8. jjesp

The Canon EOS R will begin shipping to customers on October 9, 2018, if not sooner

Never said that it should be around the shutter. What is wrong with the way Canon 6D handles this. Would be so easy to make it the same way on the EOS R. Now you have a big big wheel for - wait for it - On/Off
  9. jjesp

The Canon EOS R will begin shipping to customers on October 9, 2018, if not sooner

Why - why did Canon remove the shooting mode dial, and used it for a big On/Off dial instead? That is maybe the most stupid design flaw I have ever seen in a camera for shooting still images..... So now you have to: Press the Mode button - Then press the Info button - And then press the Shooting...
  10. jjesp

Specifications for the 5 upcoming Sigma lenses have leaked

Those Sigmas are way to big and heavy. Is it really necessary? Look at the new Sony 24mm f/1.4. That is an ok size. And still nice and sharp. But the Sigma 40mm f/1.4 is 1200 grams! And uses 82mm filters?? Come on....
  11. jjesp

What lenses are coming next for the Canon RF mount?

Yes I would love that too! Its fine with the big L lenses and zooms. But would be so nice to have an alternative for street and documentary photography where you need a good quality light/small setup. Please Canon. Then I promise to end my affair with the Fuji woman ;) I miss your full frame...
  12. jjesp

DPReview: Canon EOS R first impressions with Chris and Rishi

Well I agree. I have my Fuji's and love them for their size and great sharp compact primes. So that is fine. But I really like the files and the handling on my Canon 6D. Actually their is something magic with the raw files on the old 6D.... But I often just let the Canon stay at home, because of...
  13. jjesp

DPReview: Canon EOS R first impressions with Chris and Rishi

But why? Beside the EVF, the great thing is that mirrorless could be smaller. They even did make a new mount. And then the lenses are so big.... Come on Canon!
  14. jjesp

Canon RF lens size comparison when mounted to the Canon EOS R body

The 35mm f/1.8 looks promising. Wonder how much different it will be in IQ to the Nikon 35mm. The Nikon is way to big for a 35mm I think....
  15. jjesp

Here are the full Canon EOS R specifications

No focus peaking?? A modern mirrorless with no focus peaking? That can't be right.... No ibis and only one card slot I can live with. But not missing focus peaking. Well lets see when it is official....
  16. jjesp

Will it be the EOS M1? [CR2]

Forget it. Canon won't do it. They only wan't to make steams of new beginner DSLR's, and some pro models. They somehow forgot the layer in between. All the entusiasts... A full frame mirrorless from Canon? It won't happen for the next 3-4 years! So don't dream to much! Mirrorless system? Go for...
  17. jjesp

Canon Announces the EOS M6

Great, thanks! I am thinking, this could be a nice street camera for me, with the 22mm f/2. But lets see how far that setup is from the Fuji x-100f in price. As I can see there will be no M6+22mm kit... And then it will be close to the Fuji, when it comes to the price. (I know, very different...
  18. jjesp

Canon Announces the EOS M6

Tried to see in the specifications, with no luck... No Back Button Focus? There is an AE lock. Maybe you can customize this button to do the focusing instead of the shutter button?
  19. jjesp

Here are the Canon EOS M6 Specifications

Well because I like the 28mm world I guess. Perfect for street. I have a Ricoh GR, a very nice street camera. If I want something closer I use my 6D with the 40mm pancake.. But to me, it would be nice that Canon actually made some decent primes to the M series. Look at all the great Fujifilm...
  20. jjesp

Here are the Canon EOS M6 Specifications

Very interesting! If Canon would make a sharp fixed 18mm f/2 lens, in a compact version, it could be a perfect street camera...