Search results

1. jerome2710

Apollo Orb - Speedlite batteries

Thank you Rat, for the specific charging info! For some reason I'm not so fond of power suppliers other than Canon intended. I'm a little bit to scared of blowing my flash up. I think I don't need the very fast recycle times, just the assurance that I can take a lot of photos (~500?) before...
  2. jerome2710

Alright, will do! I think I'll be using power only from the CP-E4 too. Mainly because the flash is inside the Apollo Orb and I'm trying to mount the CP-E4 on the outside, on the tripod. Thanks!
  3. jerome2710

It is a good choice to charge the Eneloops when new. They all received an extra 1000 - 1200 mAh! The CP-E4 arrived today too. I'm happy I went for the Canon version, it looks real sturdy. Is it possible to store the flash and battery pack with the batteries in it? Or do I need to take them out...
  4. jerome2710

Thanks! Probably won't discharge them this time, but set the charge current somewhere at 700mAh. CP-E4 will be bought tomorrow then! Don't fell like saving on cheaper versions...
  5. jerome2710

Are you confirming Eli452? Charging without discharging when new? At what current?
  6. jerome2710

So just charge then? No need to discharge prior to that? What current do you recommend?
  7. jerome2710

Hi all, I am planning on shooting some portraits during a gala this weekend. I recently purchased an Apollo Orb Speedlite Kit to get some decent even lightning. I read some comments on the internet about the 580EX II eating batteries, so I bought some extra Eneloops. This time the Eneloop XX...
  8. jerome2710

6D compensating in manual mode

There you have it. I put Magic Lantern on the 6D some day to try it out, probably activated Expo Lock by accident. Thank you, Marsu42!
  9. jerome2710

It seems that one is already turned off. Confirmed by Ken Rockwell, safety shift is only used in Av or Tv-mode.
  10. jerome2710

Hi all, I have been using my 6D for some while now and I start to get irritated that the camera compensates in manual mode. When I change the aperture, the shutter speed gets compensated to keep the same exposure. Simple example; Manual mode Shutter: 1/160 Aperture: f/5.6 ISO: 1600 When I...
  11. jerome2710

Anyone still using their 450d?

I bought a 6D a few weeks ago and I never use my two 450D's anymore. I think that says it all.
  12. jerome2710

Body upgrade - Florida trip

Thank you for the clarification. The newly released 70D is being advertised as promising. Too bad it's release date will take some time. 6D it is then!
  13. jerome2710

Whoooo, how interesting to read all your thoughts! I've have held the 6D in my hands for a couple of minutes today. I really like it! Although it's a bit small, the quality feels very nice. Probably buy a grip straight away then. The shop owner didn't let me test the camera, the battery was...
  14. jerome2710

Dear Sir, Thank you very much for your detailed explanation. It's really useful to me. 1. Indeed, the 7D is already approaching it's fifth year. One of the disadvantages in my 6D vs. 7D comparison. Maybe I should be looking at an 6D vs. 70D comparison, but I think I've already made up my mind...
  15. jerome2710

Thank you all very much! It's nice to see you all agree. I think I don't need the AF performance of the 7D, because the AF of the 6D is already such an improvement from the 450D. I'm excited! Probably go and try out the 6D in the shop this week. Please keep posting your thoughts, I'm happy to...
  16. jerome2710

Hi all! I have been looking around for an upgrade of my current 450D bodies for some time now. First one, then two 450Ds have been in my ownership since the release in 2008. I learned a lot from them, but I think I'm ready to step up. I will visit Florida this summer for a two week trip...
  17. jerome2710

Do you see lenses when you check the time?

Oh, yes! It makes me think of my 16-35 so often.
  18. jerome2710

Need some advice on GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition

Just the GoPro ones! http://gopro.com/camera-mounts/suction-cup
  19. jerome2710

Need some advice on GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition

I would not use the surf mount on a car, I don't think it's strong enough. The suction cup is highly recommended. I have the Hero 2 myself and keeping in mind that the Hero 3 suction cup has a lower profile, I think it's really great. You can stick it on a window, on the car body itself or...
  20. jerome2710

Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM

I'm curious what you guys think of this. I used the 16-35 on my 450D, including the Cokin Z-Pro with grad NDs.