Search results

1. Z

Why did you choose Canon?

I liked the color of the telephoto lenses...
  2. Z

Canon Cannot Keep Screwing It's Customers Over

I live in Europe and canon are raising their prices here by 2x as well despite that the value of our currency has remained on the same level as the Yen...
  3. Z

Natural Progression of Camera Bodies. Type Your story below.

I have been jumping ship every year since I started this hobby but having tried both Canon & Nikon I think I finally found my footing now. I often buy gear used so I haven't been losing much $$$ each generation... 2010 Panasonic GF-1 (sold 2010) 2010 Nikon D7000 (sold 2011) 2011 Canon 550D...
  4. Z

If you can have ONLY 3 lenses, what would they...???

Leica Summilux-M 35mm f1.4 ASPH Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f0.95 ASPH Leica Summicron-M 90mm f2.0 ASPH
  5. Z

Proper way to set down gripped camera

I have turned the tripod ring 90 degrees to the left. That way, the pressure on the mount bayonet in minimized. Although I'm sure you fine without doing this as well...
  6. Z

Would anyone consider this to be "pro-level" lens choices? Read on..

An used Tamron 28-75 2.8 seems an excellent option here. In Sweden they are 600 usd cheaper then used Canon 24-105. They also seem about equally sharp, you lose out on a 3-stop IS but get one f-stop in lens speed instead. You also get to keep 600 usd :)
  7. Z

Is any manufacturer close to making anything like this?

Sounds like you're into mirrorless...
  8. Z

Flipside 400 AW / Fastpack 350 with gripped 60D/5D3 anyone?

I have the Lowepro Flipside 400 AW. In it, i can comfortably fit my 5D Mark 2 w/grip together with three 24-105 size lenses and two 70-200 size lenses. As well as an olympus EP-2 and 3 lenses for that camera. It is also possible to fit a 13 macbook pro if you use the chase jarvis hack on the...
  9. Z

70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS vs 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS

I Think criza meant an 1.4 extender to the 70-200f4. Which would actually make the fov similar to an 50d without extender...
  10. Z

Post your Favorite Wedding Group Shots here!

<3 Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  11. Z

Looking for an windeangle lens for Eos 60D

I got the sigma 8-16 and was really happy with it. I'm sure the canon is sharper and the tokina is faster. But since the DOF is basically infinite at wide angle anyways I personally don't see the point of fast super-wide angles. Since you re shooting wide angle you can use sick (long) shutter...
  12. Z

I dropped my 40D with EF 35L attached. Help pls!

I hear you man. Back when I was shooting Nikon. I dropped my 18-200 VR II from half a meter on some cobblestone. The lens still worked but made some weird IS noises and refused to zoom below ~50mm. I sent it to Nikon HQ here in Sweden for repairs and they wanted 800 $ to fix the lens. Which was...
  13. Z

First dSLR, lens recommendations

15-85 is a great lens and so is the 60D. No complaints for me there. 15 is pretty wide on crop and I think you should probably get a tele at first instead of a wide angle. The 10-22 overlaps quite alot with the 15-85. 85mm is nowhere near far enough for shooting shy wildlife. Maybe an Canon...
  14. Z

Your Most Used Lens!

I would say the Canon 50/1.8 II lens with my trusty E-P2 (they fit surprisingly well together). It's very mobile and I almost always carry it with me. For serious shooting I mostly use the Canon 24-105L on a 5D though...
  15. Z

Help with telephoto for vacation

Hi! I will go on a long holiday traveling around East Asia this summer. For the occasion; I was thinking of getting a telephoto lens to complement my lens lineup since I'm leaving my 70-200 at home for weight/cost reasons. This has led me to the conclusion that I will either get: Panasonic...
  16. Z

Waited for the 5DMkIII for so long. But an inbuilt flash is so handy! 7DMkII?

Well with the ISO-capacity of the 5dmkIII coupled with 24/1.4 you could go without flash for quite a deal of photos depending of what you shoot...
  17. Z

Post your best pictures of fireworks

Here's mine :) Uploaded with ImageShack.us And: Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  18. Z

Handheld shooting: FF vs. Crop

You might also enjoy (probably) better low light performance of the FF. That way you can raise the ISO and the shutter speed, thereby reducing the movement blur...
  19. Z

36+ Mp EOS dSLR (rumored): How do existing EF lenses cope?

Based on the fact that canon aps-c sensors are at 18 mp or so nowadays and the FF-sensor is about twice as big i recon most modern mid-high end lenses could support 36 mp+. Nikon seems to believe it it seems :P
  20. Z

$5000 gear spree exercize

Canon 85 1,2L II 2 000 usd Canon 100 2,8L Macro 750 usd Fuji X1 1700 usd Fuji 35/1,4 700 usd Cheap Canon EF-lens -> Fuji-body Adapter 50 usd :)