Search results

1. Ivan Muller

Street Portraits in the Mountain Kingdom of Lesotho

I have had the Eos R for a couple of months since its release and have done mostly commercial work with it and i couldn't wait to try it out for my personal work. In December I went to Lesotho for a week and stayed in a little village called Malealea...all these street portraits were made there...
  2. Ivan Muller

A1 print on the Eos R looks good!

I am busy processing my images from my December holiday in the mountain kingdom of Lesotho and I thought I would see how large I can print with my new R. Well I'm quite impressed with the A1 print of the image enclosed. There are no digital artifacts nor grain visible. I have often dreamed of...
  3. Ivan Muller

People watching in Rome, Italy

Walking the streets of Rome with my camera like all the other tourists! More of my people watching photos here at: https://thelazytravelphotographer.blogspot.co.za/
  4. Ivan Muller

Question on live view focus vs viewfinder AF and micro focus adjustment re 80D

I am having some problems getting my 80D to focus sharply. I have tried some micro focus adjustments but still not sharp. I have also tried to do live view focusing but with same results. When I do the same with my M3 everything is sharp as it should be.. Am I missing something? I have used...
  5. Ivan Muller

My first day in Germany, from Munich to Oberammergau in Bavaria.

Lat year I traveled to Germany via Munich and hired a car from Munich airport to drive to Oberammergau in Bavaria for a three night stay to visit the castles, walk the Partnach gorge and go up the highest mountain in Germany called Zugspitze. You can read about my first day in Germany and a...
  6. Ivan Muller

Landscapes: A walk in the Bushveld with my M3...

I have just come back from a weekend in the bush with friends. Here are some photos from a short 6km walk in the bush with my M3, EVF and 22mm f2...its turned out to be a more than ok combo for slow slightly more contemplative landscapes, small, very light to carry , no problems focusing and...
  7. Ivan Muller

Young Ballerinas...the First Day

I was invited to photograph a charity initiative whereby 18 grade 1 pupils from a relatively disadvantaged school will be taught Russian Ballet. Although it was shot and delivered in colour I thought it will look good in B&W as well... Many more images as well as some background info can be...
  8. Ivan Muller

First Impressions: New Tamron 35mm f1.8 & 6D

After having read our friend Dustin Abbott's Tamron review and also a few others on the net, I decided to take the plunge and ordered myself a Tamron SP 35mm f1.8 Di VC USD lens ( sheesh what a mouthful!) This is my first non Canon lens in a decade. I burnt my fingers on a sigma zoom many...
  9. Ivan Muller

Amalfi, Italy B&W 'Street' Photographs

Last year I stayed for three days in the town of Amalfi near Naples. Here are some of my B&W street photos. Cameras used was a EosM3 ( 22mm & 18-55mm ) - for most of the photos - plus a Eos6D (s 40mm & 70-300L ) The rest of my portfolio of 35x B&W street photographs can be seen here...
  10. Ivan Muller

Calling all birders! - some advice please!

I am a novice bird photographer and yesterday I tried to photograph a pair of Paradise Flycatchers on a nest with three chicks. The only access is from a window a little above the nest. I haven't measure the exact distance but I guess its about three meters from the camera. I have managed to...
  11. Ivan Muller

G3X firmware update to 'fix' poor RAW performance?

To say the poor performance of the G3X in RAW is disappointing is an understatement to say the least! I was hoping to use it as a bird & wildlife camera for my wife and I. I have a dslr and 70-300L but the 600mm equivalent in a small compact body sure sounded very attractive. The other option...
  12. Ivan Muller

M3 and Samyang(etc) lenses - shutter wont trip

I tried to test two Samyang/bower/ lenses etc today in a local camera shop and my shutter wouldn't trip. These lenses have no electronic contacts and I wondered if that was the reason why. Initially I thought I had set " dont release shutter without lens attached" but I couldn't find a setting...
  13. Ivan Muller

Johannesburg....

Yesterday I took a short walk through the formerly 'all white and largely Jewish' area of Orange Grove, Johannesburg... Eos M3 & 22mmf2. More images and info here at: http://thelazytravelphotographer.blogspot.co.za/2015/09/a-short-walk-in-orange-grove.html#more
  14. Ivan Muller

Colourful & Gritty Naples, Italy

I stayed for 6 nights in Naples towards the end of July this year. This grimy,dirty, colourful but friendly city really is an assault on ones senses and its safe and makes for good photography! Many more images here at...
  15. Ivan Muller

Eos M3 -Three weeks in Europe, my Review

Hi, I have just come back from three weeks in Germany and Italy where I used my M3 extensively as a travel camera with the 18-55 kit zoom and the 22mm f2 prime. What I mainly found is that the image quality is really good up to 1600 iso ( I didn't test the higher iso's) The shadows when pushed...
  16. Ivan Muller

Eos M3 at 1600iso

I have just come back from three weeks in Germany and Italy. I used a 6D and M3 and shot thousands of images on both. Generally the Eos M3 performed well although the AF is still slow. I am sifting through the images now to find suitable ones for a review. I saw this couple having dinner at a...
  17. Ivan Muller

So I got myself a new Eos M3...

I have had it for a few weeks now and I am busy writing up my review...but here are a few thoughts so far in no particular order of importance: 1. The performance is quite inconsistent with the standard zoom lens...I find focus and sharpness is quite hit and miss. Sometimes its sharp, other...
  18. Ivan Muller

Barcelona: Where to buy?

I am here in Southern Africa and the M3 is not available yet plus the evf is just too expensive over here...I am looking for a body standard zoom and evf bundle. My wife will be in Barcelona next week. Does anyone know of a camera store in Barcelona? Failing that are there any online stores...
  19. Ivan Muller

M3 price and colour space..

I see one of our local dealers has the M3 plus standard zoom on its webstore. Price is R7300-00 and estimated time of release is MAY. This is equivalent to about usd 610-00 and euro 570. This is approx what I bought my M plus 22m plus adapter for after the first price decrease...later on it was...
  20. Ivan Muller

16-35F4 L IS, Any good?

hi, I am keen to get the 16-35F4L zoom as a replacement for my 17-40. I have tested two copies from the store and this is what I get. copy One, distant image of building slight softness at all apertures on left 20% compared to the right side.... Copy Two, distant image of building very...