Search results

1. D

Tripod Bag / Case

I have a Manfrotto 546B tripod paired with a Manfrotto 504HD fluid head. I'm having trouble finding the right bag/case for it. On the B&H website it recommends three cases but doesn't mention if that case will fit with the head attached or not (what I'm aiming for). 1)...
  2. D

Will Canon be making a 16-35 f/2.8 IS anytime soon?

Nikon has patented for a 16-35mm f/2.8 VR lens (VR of Nikon is the equivalent of the IS of Canon). Does Canon plan on making an equivalent of Nikon's recently patented lens?
  3. D

B+W ND filters from 2filter.com

I heard B+W filters are now Schneider Optics filters, and the main question is this: Are the filters being sold on 2filter.com actually B+W filters or will they turn out to be Schneider ones? Has anyone ordered from this website before and received a B+W filter? Here's a link for a reference...
  4. D

5D Mark III sensor cleaning noise (squeaks)

When powering on one 5D Mark III, during sensor cleaning, a very noticeable squeaky noise (3-4 squeaks) is produced. It can be heard from around 0.5m away (~1.6 feet). When turning it off, on the other hand, you can't really hear it (only an occasional squeak). This has only happened recently...
  5. D

Cinevate slider LTS vs FLT

I have come to the conclusion that LTS stands for Linear Tracking System and FLT stands for Full ball bearing linear Tracking System, but that still leaves the question: is the LTS just the older name for their sliders, or is there a difference between LTS and FLT that is worth noting?
  6. D

5D Mark III HDR Mode "issue"

When shooting in HDR mode, sometimes the camera will automatically crop the resultant HDR image. It's really inconvenient to shoot a seemingly perfectly framed photograph when you find out it's been cropped. After this happens (as I don't check the images immediately), I usually have to go back...
  7. D

5D Mark III Firmware Update Error

During the process of updating with most recent firmware 1.1.3, the 5D Mark III I was using encountered a strange problem: The firmware update would fail after reaching a certain amount of percentage of completion (avg. 52%), and would disable the camera from any other functions. I would not be...
  8. D

5D Mark III operating temperatures at high altitudes

Is anyone aware of what the operating temperatures would be for a situation where the Mark III would be taken to an elevation of almost 4 km (2.5 mi) and used straight out of the bag? Example: July, mountain top, sunrise, 4 km / 2.5 mi above sea level