Search results

1. leGreve

Colormatching the FS7 II to the Canon 5D4

So I own both, but I somewhat like the colorscience of the Canon better. Mind you, I've shot loads with the FS7 alone and have no issues handing over that footage. But I wondered if it might be possible at all to match up the two cameras in cases where it would be fun to use two angles at the...
  2. leGreve

Canon just knocked 6000 dollars off the C300 II....

Erik Naso just posted this on his FB... BH has lowered the C300 II price by 6000 dollars. This is after Sony dumped prices on the FS7 and 5. One could hope this means Panasonic is ready to disclose more about the EVA-1.
  3. leGreve

Sony dumping video camera prices monday...

...already happened in the UK. I was in the limbo of looking at the Scarlet-w.... then the C300, then the C200 then 300 again and then Panasonic EVA-1 was announced. Today I learned that Sony is dumping their prices on the FS7 II and FS5. And we are not talking small dumps. I figure it's a...
  4. leGreve

C200 just got killed off by Panasonic.

Presenting the Panasonic AU-EVA1- http://www.newsshooter.com/2017/06/03/panasonic-au-eva1/ This is in my opinion as close as I can get to a wishful camera for a decent price. - 4K (60fps) - UHD (60fps) - HD/2K (240fps) - 720 (240fps) - 10bit 4:2:2 all the way up to 4K - 5.7K raw out to...
  5. leGreve

Is this fungus?

Just took a look at one of my lenses to sell it... then I discovered this. Is it fungus? :(
  6. leGreve

Does the Zeiss Batis launch indicate future Otus lenses?

Seeing Zeiss launch a Batis line for Sony, and the first ones to come out being a 25mm and an 85mm, could this give indications to where they might take the next Otus lens? I understand that they had to release a 85mm for the portrait people, but after buying the 55mm I really hoped for a wide...
  7. leGreve

C100 and C300 price dumps in the US

I hope these will trickle to Europe as well... right now we have obscene prices on the C series :S http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/promotion/10969/canon-price-drop-big-savings.html
  8. leGreve

GoPro can deliver 30 FPS for 1/2/3 seconds...

…and besides that burst, they now offer full manual exposure and better dynamic range. It also sports 4K video at 30fps, HD at 120fps and now has a touch screen display on the back. Now, why is it a cool little company like GoPro can offer all that in such a small package for such a low price...
  9. leGreve

Sony does a "Canon" (manufacturer ethics)

So... it's all over the community web, and it puts yet again focus on the manufacturing ethics surrounding cameras and what potential they really hold. For some years now, we seen several Canon Eos cameras delivering a lot more than Canon wanted them to in the Magic Lantern hacks. Now it's...
  10. leGreve

Got myself one of them Amazon china accessories...

…and apparently not all out of China is crap. This is NOT an advert for a specific brand or item. For some time I had been ok happy with my ezybox for my speedlite, but sometimes I miss being able to use my beauty dish and large boxes. So I just Amazon'ed if I could buy a s-mount bracket and I...
  11. leGreve

Unscientific lens comparison (Otus vs. Canon EFs)

So I was asked by a friend of mine if I could do a simple test… and simple it was. I took what EF lenses we had lying around and included the Otus in the collection. The result is an unscientific test done on the 5D3. The following lenses are in the "test": Canon 70-200 2.8L II IS USM (@...
  12. leGreve

Zeiss Otus 55mm 1.4 video shot in Canon raw.

It wasn't only stills I did while in Norway, I also shot a bit of video. It was entirely shot with the Otus 55mm 1.4 (in my case the ZE version). https://vimeo.com/groups/229279/videos/86311252
  13. leGreve

CALLING EUROPEANS... UK or German online shop needed.

I'm looking for online shops that sell Canon gear AND offer to deduct VAT by adding your vat number. I'd really prefer German or UK shops, but any EU shop would do really. So if you know of any please list em up... it really does matter that you can deduct VAT straight away.
  14. leGreve

3 music videos shot with Canon

Being formally trained as a still life photographer, I had a few worries about about taking the next step. But man, that step was fun and inspiring. Here I am 3 music videos later and I'm not only surprised with how well a "mere" Canon 5d works as a video shooter. Used for these videos are: -...