Search results

1. richperson

RF 135mm

I would hope eventually they make both. Maybe a 135mm f/1.8 at under $2000 and a 135mm f/1.4 at $3000-3500. That second lens would be amazing for portraits and for sports and theater applications.
  2. richperson

RF 135mm

Okay, well I'm obviously not as old as you (at least in Canon years) to site a long discontinued lens. Again, I shorthanded my language. What I meant to say is "currently, Canon does not sell a new EF 28-70mm lens that could be confused with the RF 28-70 f/2 lens." And yes, it bothers me...
  3. richperson

RF 135mm

No, because there is no 28-70mm EF lens. There is only one EF 135mm, and there will be only one RF 135mm lens. We are just speaking different language. I understand that my shortcutting on detail was confusing to you, but you are unlikely to convince me to express myself differently in the...
  4. richperson

RF 135mm

Are you Drax??? Here I will spell it out for your in words more easily digested. "RF 135mm f/1.8 or faster would be a very quick purchase for me. For those who haven’t used the EF version--which everyone knows has a max aperature of f/2..." Is that easier to understand?
  5. richperson

RF 135mm

I didn't say there was one. Read my post please. Reports and patent publications indicated that the RF version would be f/1.8, and given the number f/1.2 RF primes I think an RF 135mm f/1.8 is realistic.
  6. richperson

RF 135mm

RF 135mm f/1.8 or faster would be a very quick purchase for me. For those who haven’t used the EF version, it’s one of those lenses who’s pictures just have something extra.
  7. richperson

New R bodies.

I was really happy with the size of the R. Definitely smaller, but not so small that it is awkward to use with the big R glass they put out. To me, they hit the size mark right on. But, then again, I like the size of the 1DXii also.
  8. richperson

Potential Canon EOS R Mark II specifications [CR1]

why? You need the CFexpress forimproved video and the SD slot is nice for backup jpegs or overflow and doesn’t take up hardly any space.
  9. richperson

Potential Canon EOS R Mark II specifications [CR1]

my thoughts too. Current R feels like 3fps in servo. I would take 8 fps or better in servo.
  10. richperson

Sports R: Why not now?

I strongly believe that it is to not take away from the 1DXiii. If they came out with an RF version of the 1DXiii at the same time, there is no question I would have bought it. The long EF glass easily adapts to the RF mount, and then I'd get to use my nice 28-70mm on a fast camera. I...
  11. richperson

Sports R: Why not now?

Without having my hands on the new 1DXiii, it sure appears that if you were shooting live view with mechanical shutter at 20fps, there would be no lag or blackout issues. If that is the case, then is the only thing preventing Canon from making an R equivalent the new housing and battery to...
  12. richperson

New R bodies.

This is a feature that has become extremely useful for me in theater shoots. Once I program it and remember what I programmed, I can keep my eye on the viewfinder and access everything easily from there. Absolutely cannot do that on my DSLR. I would also argue that Canon doesn't get an...
  13. richperson

Canon USA lays off 60 employees from the camera division

I have never wanted a 6D, but cannot argue that it would be a great entry level full frame at the price.
  14. richperson

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III pre-order bonuses and price: it depends on the country

I wonder if Canada is giving an extra battery, or if they are pulling the battery out as separate.
  15. richperson

EOS R related announcements coming for CP+ [CR2]

#5 mean same as R, not 1DXiii. It would still be well behind the 1DX3 in high iso, FPS, and autofocus, but would be a lot more usable.
  16. richperson

As an R owner, my main wishes would be: 1) more fluid images in the EVF when shooting bursts; 2) consistent 8-10 fps in all AF conditions; 3) swap Touch Bar for same controls as 1DXiii, including AF-on sensor; (I'm not a bar hater, just like the 1DX layout better) 4) dual card slots; 5) same...
  17. richperson

What is your favorite new feature of the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III

In order: 1) High ISO performance. I know all sample images from Canon and from hands-on testers are JPEG out of camera, but the ones I have seen at the listed ISOs are at least a stop better than I have been able to achieve shooting with my 1DXii raw with post noise reduction. 2) I use...
  18. richperson

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Summary

Does the energy sipping properties of the new body negate the need for a backup battery on most occasions? On the 1DXii I always carry a backup, but have only used if when shooting a lot of shots over a very long day. I understand it is always nice to have redundancy, but if someone had a...
  19. richperson

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Summary

Just put the money down. Now the long wait.
  20. richperson

The only birds I ever plan to shoot are large: Ravens, Seahawks, Cardinals, Falcons and Eagles.