Search results

1. HughHowey

Can someone recommend a teleconverter?

You all rock. I lean toward the 2X after seeing Neuro's shots. I think 95% of the time, it'll be on the 70-200 2.8 II.
  2. HughHowey

Can someone recommend a teleconverter?

I'm looking at either the 1.4X III or the 2X III from Canon. I'll be using them on a 5DIII primarily with a 70-200 2.8 II. It's for the times I'm shooting wildlife, which isn't often, but I do have a trip coming up in December. How mushy are pics with the 2X? Is the little extra reach on the...
  3. HughHowey

Sigma 35 f/1.4 DG HSM First Impressions

I just did. Excited about this lens. Also finally caved and ordered the 70-200 2.8 II. Early Christmas! :)
  4. HughHowey

Deal: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $2928

Re: Deal: Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS $749 Crazy deal! I just bought one. Couldn't pass that up. I wonder if space is being made for the new 24-70 f4?
  5. HughHowey

Adorama is selling 5d3 for $2745 on eBay now

Mine came yesterday. Sixth digit is a 4. I'm impressed with the camera, but wish it wasn't so bulky and heavy.
  6. HughHowey

How do you sell your gear?

Speaking of selling gear, my brand new 5D3 just came in! $3,200, and I don't take it out of the box! ;D
  7. HughHowey

24-70 II

I've noticed Amazon's page for the 24-70 doesn't specify version II, but it does have the high price. The release date is wrong. Any idea if you order this lens you're getting the newer one? Last I checked, it said there were a few left in stock. Not sure what you're buying, though. :(
  8. HughHowey

5D3 owners: What do you wish you knew?

My new body is "out for delivery." I've been reading the 404 page manual for the past few days, familiarizing myself with the settings and AF options. What do you wish you'd known the first day? Any customizations that you've found to make life easier? Here's your chance to impart your wisdom...
  9. HughHowey

24L II or 24-70 II ??

Awesome reply. Much appreciated!
  10. HughHowey

24L II or 24-70 II ??

I'm torn. I love my primes. I love low light and bokeh, but I also like having that one walk-around lens that does a little of everything. With a new 5DIII on the way, I'm losing the 15-85 EF-S lens. I have a 28mm 1.8, which will show its weaknesses on the 5DIII, I'm afraid. I have a 50mm, a...
  11. HughHowey

I was in the 800s and mine will be here Thursday. Departed NJ yesterday.
  12. HughHowey

6D Review

I do the same thing with my blog posts, only I don't have them "live" while I do it. He's just using the framework of his old review as a pattern for the new review. Funny, re-reading this "6D" review has me even more excited for my 5D3, which Adorama says will be here on Thursday! At $2,750...
  13. HughHowey

Canon EOS 6D Official Specs

No built-in flash? Why? Canon is doing everything wrong. I keep waiting for them to wake up, but I guess it'll take them being #2 or #3 in the market before they get with the program. As impossible as that would've seemed a few years ago, now it seems inevitable.
  14. HughHowey

Same. Crazy that they processed so many so swiftly. I was in the 600 range with my order. Now I get to watch the announcements tomorrow and see if I'm going to keep this body or sell it.
  15. HughHowey

If you can have ONLY 3 lenses, what would they...???

24mm 1.4 II 50mm 1.2 70-200 2.8 II I can't believe so many people would be fine with nothing faster than 2.8 in their kit.
  16. HughHowey

Thanks! Got mine ordered. Anyone wanna pay $3,250 for it? I won't take it out of the box! ;)
  17. HughHowey

Crazy. I just put a D600 in my Amazon cart last night along with a 1.4 50mm. Was making the switch, seeing that their camera is being released in a few days. And then I see this thread. For another $750, I get a 5DIII instead. Thanks, Adorama. I get to keep my lenses for another few years!
  18. HughHowey

Which lens(es) to take to NYC?

The 15-85. I've walked around NYC a lot with that lens on an APS-C. Great single-use lens for the city.
  19. HughHowey

The Light Leak Issue

Really? I've always wondered why Canon didn't include that feature. Always thought it was nifty.
  20. HughHowey

Canon 5D Mark III Light Leak?

I can't believe they wouldn't have a solid backing on the other side of that LCD panel. Incredible. Rushmore: thanks for the video.