Search results

1. O

Here are the buttons illuminating on the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III

I think Olympus was the first one to bring this feature with E-620. I am surprised Nikon followed it several years later in D4 but Canon hasn't done it.
  2. O

OpticalLimits Reviews the Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro STM

To me, all short lenses' bokeh is distracting if subject is more than 3-4 meters away. I think this RF lens is optically more corrected so it might have slightly more distracting bokeh than 35mm f2.0 IS. CA in RF lens is never distracting for me. I always process my RAWs and any software can...
  3. O

OpticalLimits Reviews the Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro STM

Here's my verdict on the lens: It is one of the best values among all 35mm lenses. With EOS R, it can AF in almost complete darkness, is very sharp even at f1.8 (at least at distances where it matters), it has IS, it focuses fast, it has 1:2 magnification, it is fairly light and small for such a...
  4. O

What surprises does Canon still have in store for the EOS-1D X Mark III?

IBIS and 5K with no crop! Now that would be something. But, I think Canon also needs to improve AF tracking as well. D5 is sitll the best to track erratic subjects but A9 II is not far behind D5. 1DX II is behind these cameras, I think, in that area.
  5. O

Hot Deal: Canon EOS R Body $1499, Canon EOS 5D Mark IV $1999 from Adorama

EOS R seems to be the best bang for buck nowadays
  6. O

Deal: Canon EOS 6D Mark II w/Canon BG-21 Grip, SD Card and more $1199

6D II is quite a bit cheaper than those models, and it uses EF lenses without adapter. The sensor is good if you don't push shadows by more than 3 stops, and it has excellent articulating touch screen with perfect DualPixel AF.
  7. O

Deal: Canon EOS 6D Mark II w/Canon BG-21 Grip, SD Card and more $1199

One of the good deals in the last couple of years
  8. O

Cue the head spinning, The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III to be 20.1mp? [CR1]

It is OK, as long as there is bug-Eye AF
  9. O

Canon EOS R firmware 1.4.0 now available for download

You said "multiple evidences". Roger says sealing isn't as robust as 5D Mark IV but he didn't try to use the camera under rain. Imaging-resource did a very through test: https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/canon-eos-r/canon-eos-rWEATHERTESTING.HTM and EOS R passed with 5 star. Here's their...
  10. O

Can you give a link?
  11. O

Eos R is already weather resistant
  12. O

The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is coming in 2020

6d II sensor is very slow for a 1DX body.
  13. O

Canon to announce EOS-1D X equivalent EOS R system camera in 2021?

Too slow for what? 1Dx III is coming, right?
  14. O

Industry News: Nikon to make a D6 announcement on September 4, 2019

I think you can still improve AF (look at what Nikon did in D500/D5/D850). Even fps can be enhanced if the camera can take 2 frames between each mirror flap instead of one. I think DSLRs are quite mature but there can always be improvement like buffer, video specs etc.. (as you mentioned). The...
  15. O

Industry News: Nikon to make a D6 announcement on September 4, 2019

D6 with IBIS and better AF than D5 will be incredible
  16. O

Tamron teases four new mirrorless lenses, likely not for RF

Sony has shares in Tamron, so I assume they "motivate" Tamron to prioritize FE mount.
  17. O

Canon EOS M6 Mark II promotional video appears to have leaked

No, it is better because A7S II cannot AF at -5EV at all (even with f1.4 lens). Its limit is -4EV.