Search results

1. privatebydesign

Samantha

Personally I'd take it to the 1:1 ratio which has a very long and rich artistic history. Yes 'rules' are meant to be broken, but it needs to be done with purpose when it makes the image stronger. If you crop 1:1 you still have the window (?) frame so you maintain the motivating source and you...
  2. privatebydesign

Canon will release four new full-frame cameras in 2020 [CR2]

Don’t be sorry, get a life and maintain context. The logical extension of your comment is that no person ever shooting any kind of meaningful images should ever use a single card slot camera, that is ridiculous, it has no historical basis, it isn’t true of many other cameras, video and stills...
  3. privatebydesign

Oh I am a pretty active camera club member, it's how I get to play with all the latest gear (only enthusiasts can justify most of it), I have recovered many corrupted cards from members and I have never failed to recover 'lost' images from corrupted, formatted, etc etc cards. I use PhotoRec, it...
  4. privatebydesign

I've photographed a good few weddings, I'll happily do it with a camera with a single card slot. No I have never had a card fail, I have lost them (which is my failure not the cards).
  5. privatebydesign

Firmware update coming to address Canon RF 70-200 focus issues at MFD

The cost has played a large factor in my adopting the R system, I haven't! If purchasing a mediocre body and three f2.8 zooms is going to cost me over $10,000 I want to see the differences in output and I just don't. That kind of investment puts the R system out of reach of most working pros...
  6. privatebydesign

Well there is definitely a trend, but to pronounce death I believe is premature :) You can buy a new Rebel kit from B&H today for $349, the cheapest M kit is $479, that is 37% more expensive in a market dominated by price sensitivity. I do not believe Canon are losing money on either though...
  7. privatebydesign

You mIght well believe that looking from your perspective of being a keen enthusiast with a very nice collection of new L glass, the bean counters at Canon might well disagree with you though. The numbers they look at tell a very different story as for many years the Rebel line has been the cash...
  8. privatebydesign

Firmware update coming to address Canon RF 70-200 focus issues at MFD

Not really, I'm much more bothered by the fact that a 70-200 f2.8 now costs $2,699, basically $1,000 more than an EF version, an RF 24-70 f2.8 costs $2,299 up $700 from the EF $1,599, an RF 85 f1.2 costs $2,699 and that is $850 more than the EF version. Now those RF lenses might be a joy to...
  9. privatebydesign

Major Canon announcements in February and May of this year [CR2]

Canon always (I believe) bring out a new grip for each body, it is a sure fire money maker for them so why would they change that?
  10. privatebydesign

Well I think you will find that is Canon's point, they (and nobody else) can make a sports orientated camera system better than a DSLR yet so they aren't bothering. Now I know sports pros who sold their 1DX II's for A9's and are happy, but the majority are not there yet. Personally I have yet...
  11. privatebydesign

I don't see a single crossover point for the two cameras. It's like saying the Nikon D6 is Nikons answer to the 5Dsr (or more relevantly the high megapixel R mount camera rumor). Compare the A9 II and the 1DX III, but be honest, Canon do not sell a modern camera in the A7R IV market segment...
  12. privatebydesign

Crop sensor = 22.30mm X 14.90mm = 332mm ² FF sensor = 35.8mm x 23.9mm = 856 mm² 856/332 = 2.58 32 X 2.58 = 82.56 A FF sensor with the same pixel size/density as a 32mp crop sensor would be 82.56mp.
  13. privatebydesign

Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT $399 (Reg $579), is a new flagship Speedlite coming?

I use 1 series cameras so the sounds from the flash are more than drowned out by the camera :) , but seriously, it’s just a gentle whirring sound that I haven’t found distracting. I use Eneloop batteries and again, I haven’t noticed anything unusual with power drain, I don’t expect it takes...
  14. privatebydesign

Fundraiser: Australian Fire Relief Charity Shirt

I bought a couple, I like the shirts and wear them so I'd rather some of the money went to the charity. I didn't get a single PM about shipping to the EU. This thread is not a good example of the forum in my opinion.
  15. privatebydesign

Buying advice 5d mark iv vs 1Dx (vanilla) vs 100-400 mark ii

Get the 5D IV, it is a considerable step up from the MkII and will compliment the 1DX MkIII when you get it rather than a 1DX which won’t.
  16. privatebydesign

Patent: Canon RF 135mm f/1.4L USM

Why? I've used both and own the f2.8, build is comparable as is IQ and feature set the only real separator is the aperture, sure you don't get a case with the f4 but come on, does that cost Canon more than a few dollars to make? If you compared the 85mm f1.8 and f1.2 the case could be made for...
  17. privatebydesign

Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT $399 (Reg $579), is a new flagship Speedlite coming?

I suppose the reasoning was that at the distances the MR-14EXII is designed to work optical is well up to the task, same really with the 90EX which I got for free when I got an original M kit from B&H.
  18. privatebydesign

Patent: Canon RF 135mm f/1.4L USM

The 300's are a better example, 300 f4 L IS @ $1,349, the 300 f2.8 L IS costs $6,099. Even when the two were the same generation the 300 cost 4 times the one stop slower f4.
  19. privatebydesign

If you ask people to donate $5 it is a struggle, if you ask them to buy a charity shirt for $25 where $5 (for example) ends up with the charity it is a different sell to a different market, ultimately the charity ends up with $10 (for example) rather than $5. The people who will buy a charity...
  20. privatebydesign

If anybody in the EU wants one PM me.