Search results

1. Valvebounce

Japanese F-4 Phantoms Hyakuri Airbase 2019-12

Hi Dave. Really nice shots (as per usual) of some really nice planes, I’m a bit of a sucker for the F4, not many jets that I like, but this is sure one of them. Not sure about the aesthetics of the bump under the nose, is that some sort of guidance system? Cheers, Graham.
  2. Valvebounce

Annoying Advertising!

Hi CFB. I would willingly make a donation of a few bucks every now and then to kill the adverts and like you I am never going to buy through the ads, especially as I turn off the ad tuning crap, I mean I just got offered a villa in Spain, yea right apart from ”can’t afford it“, I know of people...
  3. Valvebounce

Buying advice 5d mark iv vs 1Dx (vanilla) vs 100-400 mark ii

Hi Codebunny. Do nothing, bank the money then after you buy the 1DxIII and 200-400 next year use the banked money for a trip to make the best use of the 1DxIII and 200-400. Any of the items you are looking to buy will be instantly rendered redundant by the new gear, yes I know this is true for...
  4. Valvebounce

Fluid head tripods

Hi Don. My Manfrotto video fluid head has never given any trouble, it was the most basic head they did, I’m pretty certain it has the viscous liquid type damping. I discovered the leaky cheap one a couple of days before my sister in law‘s wedding day which I was supposed to record, I went to...
  5. Valvebounce

Military Aircraft: airshows, operational, whatever, lets see what you have!

Hi Roo. Excellent series, but the b&w treatment on the Spitfire, very evocative. (y)(y) Cheers, Graham.
  6. Valvebounce

Ooh oooh I know I know, All of them! :D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  7. Valvebounce

Fluid head tripods

Hi Don. Some fluid heads most certainly do have fluid in them, I had a cheaper all in one fluid head video tripod (can’t remember the brand, something along the lines of a Velbon) and the fluid leaked out on a very hot day, made a right bloody mess! :mad: It was a sort of tacky slippery icky...
  8. Valvebounce

Annoying Advertising!

Hi Folks. As I said I don’t want to Adblock Craig, I know it supports the site and his normal adds can be scrolled past with ease, I have Adblock installed and I am about to turn it loose on the site, I will not put up with intrusive adds if I don’t have to. Cheers, Graham.
  9. Valvebounce

Annoying Advertising!

Hi Mt Spokane. It is easy to say look for sites that do not do this, but I don’t fancy moving to Nikon or Sony rumours, the financial outlay of changing brand scares me and changing to Nikon or Sony because of the DR of the rumours site would make even less sense than changing because of the DR...
  10. Valvebounce

Annoying Advertising!

Hi Folks. So do we think this is down to Craig, or down to google or... Cheers, Graham.
  11. Valvebounce

New gear for the holidays

Hi Jay. I’m sure you will find the Better Beamer useful, but I bet you will find it fiddly too unless you just leave it assembled on your flash though I think it is too fragile for that! I really enjoyed the extra reach they give but I got so fed up with my Better Beamer that I tried the MagMod...
  12. Valvebounce

Annoying Advertising!

Hi Folks. Just wondering if everyone is suffering from an annoying pop up banner advert, full width, static and across the full width of the page? I don’t have ad blocker enabled for CR as I enjoy the site and understand the advert supported theory and I could scroll past the included in page...
  13. Valvebounce

Hi Roo. My guess is you are not the first person to lean a camera on a monopod against something and have it slide, I don’t suppose you will be the last, I guess you were just unlucky with the impact angle. Another nice series, got to love a Spitfire, any Spitfire. Although the Griffon engined...
  14. Valvebounce

Hi Roo. Some really nice shots but loving the Yak 3 in particular. You must have been pretty annoyed about tweaking the lens and body, any idea how you did it? A warning for the rest of us what not to do? Cheers, Graham.
  15. Valvebounce

Canon Introduces The CR-S700R Robotic Camera System Enabling The Remote Operation Of Select EOS Cameras And Lenses

Hi Unfocused. I do understand what you are saying to an extent, but does anyone rig gear overhead without a safety cable? If they do they deserve to find out the hard way bloody amateurs! Also why is Canon proudly making bullet point about up to 5 stored positions? My cheap really cheap pan...
  16. Valvebounce

Here are the buttons illuminating on the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III

Hi Botts. Have you tried tactile differentiation through gloves, not cotton gloves, proper winter gloves? It doesn’t work well! :unsure: Cheers, Graham.
  17. Valvebounce

Show your Bird Portraits

Hi Folks. Lots of lovely shots to look at today, thanks to all of you! I love the notion of the Jay training the people! Cheers, Graham.
  18. Valvebounce

Show your Bird Portraits

Hi ISv. I really like your weather classification system, “the weather is between ISO 25000 and 50000” :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: Cheers, Graham.
  19. Valvebounce

Battery Life

Hi Roger. I would say C too, I have 2 genuine Canon batteries in the grip on my 7DII, (both down to 1 red square for most of their life!) and the camera shows shots per battery, it seems that it will use the batteries alternately as there is sometimes a discrepancy of 10’s of shots between them...
  20. Valvebounce

Post Your Best Landscapes

Hi Tony. Happy new year to you too, and to all here. A very nice new year sunrise, our first sunrise was pea soup fog! Cheers, Graham.