Search results

1. P

Canon will release four new full-frame cameras in 2020 [CR2]

"An EOS 5D Mark IV equivalent body could also be a possibility " -> I think the EOS R was already 95% a 4D IV equivalent, wasn it? The missing second card slot made it a bit unusable for some wedding-photographers, but beside this it shared pretty much all the internal specs with the 5D IV...
  2. P

Major Canon announcements in February and May of this year [CR2]

Nice. Just give me a decent EOS R S and I will ditch my Sony A7R IV in a heartbeat :) All I want: - Usable 4k mode - if necessary only on APS-C, but not this 1,8 crop mode shit. - Dual Card Slots - more than 50mpixel and more than 5 fps.
  3. P

Potential Canon EOS R Mark II specifications [CR1]

I can only agree. I tried all my EF lenses (also Sigma and Tamron, not only Canon) on my EOS R when I had it for one month - all of them worked PERFECTLY with the adapter. Its not like using any adapter on a sony (Which works quite okay btw) or on a Panasonic (which works very bad). Its 99,9%...
  4. P

I can only agree. It delivers the same iamge quality as the canon 5D IV which is simply excellent. Colors, Contrast, Sharpness, its just nice. Dynamic range was NEVER an issue for me (and even my Sony a7r IV wasnt any gamechanger for me. Actualy I still prefer my 5D IV because of the better...
  5. P

I think the target market is pretty much different from the 1DX3, which is mostly used by sports photographers. I doubt these photographers/agencies are much interested in an EOS R2 at the moment. At least not as a main body. Maybe as an replacement for the 5D. But then again, I think they...
  6. P

Oh I think FULLFRAME 4k (with IBIS, and with DPAf and maybe even with 10bit 4:2:2?) would be a HUGE point compared to the ludicrous 1,8 crop factor on the EOS R which got no IBIS :-) The big improvement o FPS of course is certainly the selling point on the photography side, thats correct :)
  7. P

Nifty Fifty and/or a Pancake lens are coming to the RF mount in 2020 [CR3]

But the EOS RP is super tiny? (Smallest FF camera after the SIgma, which is a pretty unorthodox camera anyway)
  8. P

Yes I have it. You are right though, I think I had the nifty fifty in mind, which is realy ugly in the corners. But the pancake got some pretty bad vignetting, heavy CA and also the sharpness isnt that nice...
  9. P

nice! I think pancakes like the 40mm 2,8 stm are quite bad when it comes to corner sharpness and are also quite prone to flares - but its a PERFECT lense for travel. In combination with a tiny camera like the RP its a perfect companion for travel.
  10. P

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III technical white papers released

Thing is, if you want to record RAW, 128GB will only last for 6 (!) Minutes. To realisticaly produce anything in RAW and not having to worry all the time about cards, you need probably 4 cards with 512gb. Which cost 2400€ right now xD But I guess at this production level where you realy need...
  11. P

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III technical white papers released

100% agree. I realy hope prices go down soon. Some competition may stir up this market. But I must say, the write/read speed of these MEMORY cards is damn impressive. Its close to a NVME SSD :-D
  12. P

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Summary

Jeah thats true. Nice video by the way :)
  13. P

I find the rolling shutter to be pretty bad when using it handheld, since it gives the movie a more "unstable" look. If you tilt up and down you get some kind of small tears. But you are correct, at this pricepoint, its still a nice 4k image, especialy the colors are great as always. Though I...
  14. P

Jeah, the crop is indeed 1,3 again :) Its mentioned in the whitepaper here: https://www.canonrumors.com/files/Canon_EOS_1DX_Mark_III_Video_White_Paper.pdf Which is btw a realy interesting read with lots of information. The RAW filesize is realy impressive. I hope CFExpress prices go down soon...
  15. P

Preorder: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III with bonuses and a giveaway

I guess the crop has to be 1,3, if my math is correct?
  16. P

I agree, and I think thats quite logical, isnt it? The squares in the OVF are just to big to effectively mark and track an eye =)
  17. P

Its a shame :( :( :( :( :( But, good news! Its working on Cropped 4k DCI mode!!! Judging by the resolution its probably going to be a 1,3 crop =)
  18. P

I am stil excited =) maybe its not true what the rumours said about missing DPAF. IF they have it, its 100% decision to upgrade on my end. I remember the 5D IV (or was it the R?) rumour that had ALL the specs but strangely a few main features where wrong. I think that its possible that canon...
  19. P

Jeah thats true. I think we compared the GM 24-70 on the A7III and the 24-70L on the 1DXII. I think the GM is a bit quieter and in general a bit sharper overall. (But my 24-70LII seen some battle over the time :-D). Some older Canon lenses are indeed not that great with DPAF. Overall the...
  20. P

Brightness-behaviour of the EVF :-D Just kidding, of course its just what the company sees in firmware updates - is it something to deliver new features or is the camera released in a final state and only bugs will be fixed =)