Search results

1. G

Two new EOS R bodies coming in the first half of 2020 [CR3]

I agree. My interpretation of the current strategy is that it's worse for Canon to have users sitting on the sidelines and not buying, when the company is hoping to sell an EF mount 1Dx. That's precisely where I find myself, not wanting to invest in EF and hoping the R bodies ramp up in...
  2. G

I think we're on the same page - my take is that Canon needs its core 1D users to continue to have confidence in EF for the next little while, otherwise they'll view the 1DX3 with suspicion, thinking mirrorless/RF will obsolete it soon. Less so for the rest of the market.
  3. G

I can't see there being any chance of a 1DX level R this year. Their goals will be to sell/promote the 1Dx3, and only launch a 1DR once those sales slow and they have the tech ready. The smart business decision is to space out releases, allowing them to sell high end bodies twice to pros...
  4. G

What surprises does Canon still have in store for the EOS-1D X Mark III?

A9/A9II most definitely have IBIS.
  5. G

Interview: DPReview speaks to the “father of the EOS-1”

The odds of a material resolution increase don't seem great after reading this.
  6. G

Canon EOS 90D promotional video appears to have leaked

Some interesting specs: Given Australia is a day ahead of NA, perhaps the release is imminent and they posted only a day too soon?
  7. G

New Canon 70-200mm Lenses Coming in Early June [CR3]

Any bets on resale value of the 2.8 II? I cannot see myself upgrading and since I rarely use it, wonder if it's best to sell asap. However, given recent lens releases, I could see this lens being quite a bit more expensive than the II.
  8. G

A New Style of Camera From Canon Currently Being Tested [CR2]

Anyone remember this thread? http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=32297.0 :)