Search results

1. JPAZ

The tables have turned?

Was on a camera club field trip this weekend. Planned to have a decent range zoom but also a wide. What I wound up using actually surprised me....... As a very happy DSLR shooter (my go-to is the 5Div with the 28-70 f/2.8), I got the RP because it was lighter and smaller than the 5Div and was...
  2. JPAZ

Trekking with RP - Lessons learned......

All. Just back from a trekking trip with the RP. We were in Scotland with plenty of wind and rain. What I brought: RP with RRS L-plate + RF 24-105, EF 16-35, EF 100-400 mkii, RF/EF adapter, Monopod (more below on that), Lenscoat RainHood (more below on that), 4 batteries, filters and the...
  3. JPAZ

Going lite but hope not too lite with RRS

Planning a trip. Will be trekking in Northern Scotland and trying to limit weight on my back. I know I could carry a point and shoot but then I come home and don't like what I see on my screen. So, I usually resign myself to bringing the 5D4 and some glass. On past treks, I've limited what I...
  4. JPAZ

RRS L-Plate for RP

Just got the L-plate from RRS (BEO-SRP). Seems to me it is the first one available. Although I often get plates from Kirk or even from unknown Ebay sources, I wanted this for an upcoming trip. A bit pricey but: -No question about the quality of the RRS products -Fit and finish is perfect...
  5. JPAZ

Interesting what's happened since I got an RP.....

When I 1st got this camera, I thought it would be a "back up" body or my quick "grab and go" camera. I do still love my 5Div, but wonder what will happen. I find myself passing the DSLR and reaching for the RP instead more and more. Having taken the new camera on a trip to NYC and having used...
  6. JPAZ

Adobe reads RP .CR3 !

Just noticed that the latest Adobe DNG Converter (11.2.1 Beta) now can open Canon RP . CR3 images and convert to DNG. Hopefully this means Adobe Camera RAW is not far behind. I'm anxious to see how the images RP look when I can manipulate the RAW in LR and PS.
  7. JPAZ

EG-E1 and Canon RP battery door

So I am trying to figure out how to remove the RP battery door to attach the grip. I don;t see any obvious release and canno find anything online in Canon USA or elsewhere. Maybe it is just me, but anyone oput there who can advise? Thanks!
  8. JPAZ

RP - Now I have one.....

The RP with R 24-105 arrived last night. There are reviews online but some input from run-of-the-mill users might be useful / interesting. While I have not yet done any extreme testing, I wanted to put up some first impressions: Size - I know it is easy to get dimensions and imagine the...
  9. JPAZ

Any LR CC Experts got a clue on this one?

All. I do an awful lot of PP using LR (and sometimes PS). Recently upgraded to the latest LR CC Classic (7.3) and my keywords went away. Funny thing is that the images display an icon showing they have keywords but they do not show up when I look for them. Also, entering a new keyword seems...
  10. JPAZ

Pleased with Godox/Flashpoint. Anyone else have a favorite non-Canon lighting?

First, I am not a professional and don't do weddings or partys (except when my family "volunteers" me) so my needs might be a whole lot different than yours. Background..... I have two Canon Speedlights (430 EXii and 430 EXiii-RT)that have served and still serve me well. When I use them off...
  11. JPAZ

Flashpoint (Godox) R2 and Canon Speedlights

Hi all. I have been using Phottix Stratos II as an off camera flash trigger / receiver with success but this unit cannot control the off-camera flash from the camera menu nor can it do HSS unless the flash is mounted on the camera. At a friend's suggestion, I got the Flashpoint R2 and am...
  12. JPAZ

I need a little reassurance.....

Humor me, please. I just got a refurb 5D iv for a great price ($2209). It is immaculate and all seems well. After much trouble, was able to get a shutter count (there are not a whole lot of ways to do this) and it is 3070 actuations. I know that this is really not many for this type of...
  13. JPAZ

Twist on selling used.....Opinion?

I know the best selling option is person to person using something like CL. I've got some stuff up for sale and just wondered if anyone has had experience with the following options. I can (and have) on occasion sold through the big NYC stores. I know they give me an appraisal and then offer...
  14. JPAZ

"I forgot!" What lens or lenses do you own that you've forgotten?

Grandkids came to town this weekend. Because we were going to a park and because I wanted to have reasonable reach but not a big kit to deal with, I remembered my 24-105 L f/4 Mk1 that was sitting in a lens case on the shelf. Now, I've been very pleased with the 24-70 f/2.8 Mkii that is my...
  15. JPAZ

LR and DxO: Workflow?

All. I rely a lot on LR for PP. I shoot 99.9% RAW and I find this software quicker and easier than DPP or other software I've used (maybe just because it is what I use every day). I occasionally edit from LR into PS for bigger issues. But overall I find that it takes moments to capture an...
  16. JPAZ

Paint (real, not light-painting!) a 430ex rt iii

Hi all, Once again I come to forum for some help. Just spent a great weekend with my grandkids. We went to one of those "paint your own" pottery places. While on the floor trying to get a shot of the 15 month old, he reached out his brush and smeared a lovely shade of pink on the flash lens...
  17. JPAZ

Surface Pro and PC Workflow (and Happy Holidays!)

I've got a few days off and some time to ponder (which is always dangerous). Presently, I take my photos and bring home a stack of CF's that I upload to my PC for processing. This can amount to thousands of images to select / delete than process. I thought about bringing a laptop on my trips...
  18. JPAZ

Where's the annual "What I got on Black Friday" posts?

Seems to me there is usually some thread where we ventilate our G.A.S. adventures (pun intended) and tell each other about the deals we pursued in the holiday season. Nobody has done this yet. So in the interest of self-help and therapy, I'll start: - Canon EF-m 11-22 (good deal by way of...
  19. JPAZ

Not another "bag" question! My M is growing.

Sorry all. There was a very long thread about "How Do You Carry Your M" a while back. But now I've moved up a bit in size. Still have my FF kit and too many lenses, but getting more use out of the M3 which, along with the EVF and the L-Plate, is a bit bigger than the M1 kit. So just this...
  20. JPAZ

Can anyone help a flash neophyte? 430EXii + 430EXiii-RT

I am exploring flash more and more. I am not ready for light stands, umbrellas and the like but have progressed from bounce to on-flash diffusers and now want to try 2 Speedlights together - one on camera and one off. So I got myself the above 2 units to try with the crazy idea that I'd use...