Search results

1. C

Patent: Large LCD equipped mirrorless camera

LCD panels are ridiculously cheap these days. Heck, you can get a decent 4k 50 inch tv for less than 300 bucks. OLEDs and very high speed displays are more expensive, which is why the viewfinder on the M series is sort of choppy, even on the newest M6 which has the speed on sensor to keep up...
  2. C

Canon RF 70-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM to be announced this year [CR3]

I hope my powerball investments allow me to afford all of the RF lenses I want.
  3. C

Patent: Large LCD equipped mirrorless camera

Big screens at high resolutions are cheap. Example: look at every cheap android pay-as-you-go phone that is less than 50 bucks. And it has less physical manufacturing costs for the rest of the body because of the simplicity of not having lots of buttons and controls to engineer and assemble...
  4. C

Nifty Fifty and/or a Pancake lens are coming to the RF mount in 2020 [CR3]

Bring on the cheap RF pancakes! One of those will literally turn the RP into a pocketable camera, a modern day equivalent of the old Yashica T4 I loved back in the early 90's. With the rotatable screen I even have something functionally akin to the super scope.
  5. C

Canon announces photographer matching service and Photo Culling plug-in for Adobe Lightroom Classic

I thought I would be more excited about this when I saw the Canon Photo Culling title but I'm not sure now. Was hoping for something more PhotoMechanic-ish for culling before Lightroom starts processing it.
  6. C

Canon announces photographer matching service and Photo Culling plug-in for Adobe Lightroom Classic

It feels like it. Fstoppers just released a joke post about the RiP canon camera release for instragrammers who shoot in vertical mode. :p
  7. C

Canon RF 70-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM to be announced this year [CR3]

I can't wait to see what cameras are released to go along with these.
  8. C

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III

CanoKnight said: Canon is a sinking ship. Sony has fired several torpedos at Canon and there is water rushing in which cannot be stopped but can only be slowed somewhat, such as with this model which comes in too late but still unusable as a video camera. Canon will eventually take enough water...
  9. C

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Summary

Give it a month. I suspect you’ll be surprised.
  10. C

I’ve been saying this all along. Why are they releasing this a month before the big show? Why are we starting to hear rumors about multiple cameras being unveiled at CP+ at the end of February? Because the 1dxmiii is a sideshow, its just an iterative upgrade to the existing camera line to meet...
  11. C

CES is going on right now. The next show that matters is CPP at the end of Feb. That's when the R High Rez was speculated as being unveiled (that rumor and timeframe has been around forever) and more recently rumors of another camera or two to be unveiled there too.The speculation on the 2nd two...
  12. C

Why would they want to do this, really? They want to push something out for all of the professional companies to refresh their equipment now that depreciation is wearing down, make sure the sideline to published pipeline is working well, and provide something to all of their CPS premium...
  13. C

Well, in terms of autofocus speed and accuracy the M6II did blow away anything that came before and met or exceeded the 1dxmii in many scenarios. the sensor also seems to be best in class for DR as well, among aps-c competitors. The only problem is that it wasn't a pro camera, so no one cared...
  14. C

Don't forget about 1dx level autofocus and tracking, but with an aps-c body with awkward handling once you add adapters, and more or less the same EVF blackout as the EOS-R while capturing at much higher frame rates for short buffer filling bursts with the M6II. I've read all sorts of people...
  15. C

I've had the personal opinion that the 1 series RF camera will be the the dual RF/EF hybrid viewfinder with the movable sensor. I was surprised the new sensor is the same resolution, it seems to me that they just applied the same upgrades that were performed on the 5d IV sensor for the R. The 1d...
  16. C

This could be a "Make one last upgrade for the Pros that have huge EF investments, then wow them with a R sport with better features so they re-invest in all new RF lenses" 3 months ago we knew the MKIII was coming, and the High Rez R - but the fact that there is not just one, but 2-3 R mount...
  17. C

Patent: IBIS appears in EOS M and PowerShot cameras

I'm actually wondering if by fall we won't see an RP II as well. Keep the same roughly 1/3 less pixels than whatever the R II has, but improve the FPS to something in the 7-10 fps with full tracking, and maybe a burst mode like the M6II at a slightly smaller crop. That would sell quite a bit to...
  18. C

Patent: Canon RF 24-300mm f/4-5.6

I guess there's a chance this could be an L lens. It could be the RF lens equivalent of the 28-300L.
  19. C

Consumer RF mount zoom lenses coming in the first half of 2020 [CR2]

I suspect the new consumer grade lenses will be best in class in terms of sharpness compared with most any competitors consumer variable aperture lenses. The 18-55 is fairly sharp for aps-c, the 55-250 is extremely sharp for it's price. (It's not nicknamed the nifty-250 for nothing!) I suspect...
  20. C

Consumer RF mount zoom lenses coming in the first half of 2020 [CR2]

I think the patent applications already speak for themselves. There's several variations of a 17-70 f3.5-5.8 lenses, and a few other designs that start at 17 as well. Starting at 17 would allow an RF APS-C mount if they wanted to, and extending to 70 helps with full frame rebel like cameras...