Search results

1. Shane1.4

RF lenses and Lightroom Lens Correction profiles

Has anyone figured this out? It is frustrating me not having vignetting correction for my RF50 and RF35. I have just been using other lens' corrections but they aren't perfectly accurate.
  2. Shane1.4

Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM

3. Shane1.4

Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM

4. Shane1.4

Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM

5. Shane1.4

Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM

Picked up the RF 50mm 1.2 yesterday. Here are just a few photos I took. Unfortunately it has been raining here. The lens retains all of the beautiful swirl bokeh of the EF 50 1.2 but adds sharpness like I have never seen on any other lens. And without the mirror box, the circles are not clipped...
  6. Shane1.4

The Canon EOS R will begin shipping to customers on October 9, 2018, if not sooner

50 Art works great! My copy has always been great though. But with the focus being digital now it is incredible. I have all the lens corrections off though because I do that in post. All that said, I preordered the RF 50mm 1.2. So excited for that lens!!!
  7. Shane1.4

The Canon EOS R will begin shipping to customers on October 9, 2018, if not sooner

I didn't like the Sony's either. So far, I love this camera.
  8. Shane1.4

Go into the settings and turn off the lens corrections.
  9. Shane1.4

Thanks! You are going to love it. I read lots of stuff online but having it your hand and using it is a whole other thing. It is a really well done camera! I used the 35 1.4 II and the 85 1.4 IS. The buttons are so customizable it is crazy compared to the 5d4.
  10. Shane1.4

The first two were shot with the 85 1.4 IS. This is with the 35 1.4 II. All shot at f1.4.
  11. Shane1.4

Mine arrived! All I can say so far is I completely LOVE it! Using my 85 and 35, the bokeh is no long clipped by the mirror box!!! So the background looks more smooth. That had long annoyed me! It is raining today but that didn't stop us from getting out and exploring some. I put a couple videos...
  12. Shane1.4

Mine shipped from B&H! Should have it tomorrow! I placed my order the minute pre-order was available. I also ordered the RF 50 1.2 but that will ship on the 26th. Can't wait to compare the Bokeh of the 85 1.4 IS on the EOS R to the bokeh on the 5D Mark IV. Hopefully the clipping is less...
  13. Shane1.4

Canon 85mm f1.4L IS USM First Impressions and images...

Thanks everyone! All the photos were taken at f1.4. I too see the same mirror box clipping like on the 85 1.2 which is a little frustrating but oh well. Here are a few more from the weekend of my brother-in-law and his wife. I know 85 is used a lot for head shots, but I actually really like it...
  14. Shane1.4

You guys. This lens is incredible. Today we are having an early Thanksgiving/Christmas with my family that can't get together later. The bokeh is amazing!
  15. Shane1.4

Only had a few free minutes to take photos today but below is a video showing some quick casual real life comparison photos with my new Canon 85 and the my Sigma 85. Hope it is helpful for anyone trying to decide! https://youtu.be/3-6tLgTA2cQ
  16. Shane1.4

TDP reviews the 85 f/1.4L IS USM

Mine arrived today. Absolutely love it. Perfect size. Amazing IQ. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ESsqyVMcik Made an unboxing video and size comparison video to the 35L II and Sigma Art. Already posted my Sigma on Craigslist.
  17. Shane1.4

The Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM Has Started Shipping in North America

Just got notice that mine shipped from B&H. Scheduled to arrive Monday. Had the 85 1.2 for a few years, sold it for the Sigma. Optically I much preferred the Sigma but the size of it has caused me to leave it in my bag most of the day. I found that with the size of the Sigma I had to shoot at...
  18. Shane1.4

Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM on the Way [CR3]

Any news on this??? Would love to have one in my hands in the new few months once weddings start up again...
  19. Shane1.4

Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art 2016

I shoot weddings and have the 50 Art on my 6D as a 2nd set up. I use the center AF point. The 6D and 50 Art are the best focusing combination I have. Better that my Canon 85 1.2 and 135 f2. It is extremely accurate and razor sharp. Highly recommend.