Search results

1. funkboy

Blackmagic Design announces new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K with EF mount

IMHO there's something Colani-esque about the design of this thing... https://www.google.com/search?q=colani+camera&source=lnms&tbm=isch
  2. funkboy

Blackmagic Design announces new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K with EF mount

Also most APS-C zoom lenses will large have enough image circles at the long end to work without vignetting. To my knowledge, only Canon makes actual EF-S lenses; all other 3rd party mounts are just normal EF with glass designed for APS-C. e.g. my APS-C Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 worked just fine as a...
  3. funkboy

Stock Notice: Tamron 35-150mm F/2.8-4 Di VC OSD at Adorama

Wow, Tamron really hit the nail on the head with this one. I can't wait to see the reviews; if it's as good as my 85mm f/1.8 VC... I imagine they picked 35mm for the wide end as I suppose it's possible to accomplish in EF mount without a retrofocus design.
  4. funkboy

Tokina officially announces the Opera 16-28mm F/2.8 FX

Tokina "pro" lenses have always been excellent value for money. Very satisfied with my 11-16 f/2.8 (which BTW mounts just fine on FF & is perfectly acceptable as a "real" 16mm f/2.8).
  5. funkboy

Canon officially announces the development of 6 new RF mount lenses

The "tiny" 70-200 is yet another compelling argument for this platform. I'd love to see a "reverse teleconverted" (or redesigned :) 50-150 f/2 IS in similar form factor. Oh, I'd expect to see Tokina release their full-frame mirrorless "Firin" 20mm f/2 for EOS R as well...
  6. funkboy

Patent: Canon speedbooster for EOS M

I've already been looking at picking up a 2nd-hand EOS M6, now that there are good/cheap Fotodiox EF AF adapters for it. I would certainly buy a high-quality "speed booster" without hesitation.
  7. funkboy

Tokina Officially Announces the Opera 50mm f/1.4 FF

So glad to see Tokina back in the game. My 11-16 f/2.8 is awesome. Even though it's technically a "crop" lens it works great as a 16mm f/2.8 on my full-frame 6D!
  8. funkboy

Canon EF 135mm f/2L IS Coming in 2017 [CR2]

& this is why I don't bother shooting above MRAW 1/2 resolution unless I know I'll really need the resolution.
  9. funkboy

Leaked: Sigma 105mm f/1.4 HSM Art

Wow! This is going to be amazing for portraits, concerts, weddings, etc. I'm a big low-light geek & this gets me hot. Like lots of folks, my first reaction was "why no stabilization?" but if you think about it: Adding IS to large-aperture lenses is *hard* & adds size & weight. Large glass...
  10. funkboy

Mobile Redirects Currently Plaguing the Mobile Web

If you use FireFox (which also works great on mobile), there's a really nice blocking tool called NoScript: https://noscript.net/ It's not for everyone & you kinda need to work with it a bit to train it, but once you get used to it & establish your whitelists it's not to hard to have it allow...
  11. funkboy

Canon Full Frame Mirrorless to use Dedicated Sensor [CR2]

I agree they'd shoot down APS-H if it's an interchangeable lens camera, but if it's a super-powershot (for which they've done custom oddball-sized sensors before)... 16ish really good APS-H MP with a 24-100 f/2.8-4.5ish (equiv.) lens in a compact integrated powershot body would be pretty...
  12. funkboy

Canon Full Frame Mirrorless to use Dedicated Sensor [CR2]

Personally I think that an APS-H size sensor (with e.g 6D-size pixels) would be sufficient for a large-sensor mirrorless camera, & help keep the size & weight down while still being a significant step up from the APS-C crowd.
  13. funkboy

I tested out the theory behind DxOMark's F-Stop blues article

Yep, IIRC Leica claims they do that on their rangefinder cameras as the wide-aperture angle of incidence is even higher than a DSLR due to the short flange-back distance.
  14. funkboy

Canon Officially Announces the EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM

Hopefully this'll come down to around 300 bux when pagan winter festival comes around. I'll take it!
  15. funkboy

Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 M IS STM Coming April 5, 2017 [CR3]

my EF 35mm f/2 IS USM is better :-) Hopefully since this is EF-S & f/2.8 it'll be nice & small (please let it be a pancake :-), & nice & cheap...
  16. funkboy

The Next Lens from Canon Will be an EF-S Prime

I'd say that "specialty lenses" also includes fisheyes. (Not trying to be pedantic, just covering all the bases)
  17. funkboy

The Next Lens from Canon Will be an EF-S Prime

The flange-focal distance of the Canon EF mount is 44mm. Given that the rear element can protrude a little bit into the body, the widest non-retrofocus EF lens is probably the 40mm f/2.8 STM pancake (& from the patent it's really a 39mm lens). EF-S has short back-focus. Let's say for sake of...
  18. funkboy

Canon EF 135mm f/2L IS Coming in 2017 [CR2]

Great news! In the mean time, I bought myself a Tamron SP 85mm f/1.8 VC for pagan winter festival, & it's amazing.
  19. funkboy

Canon Releases Survey Results Confirming Consumer Perceptions of Better Service than Nikon

My recent lens repair with Canon Professional Services was the best customer service experience I've had with any company in a long time. It was less expensive than I thought it would be too.