Search results

1. U

Canon EOS R5 Specifications

There will be a lot of embarrassed people if this is wrong.
  2. U

Let me be the first to offer you $3,000 for it.
  3. U

The R is currently selling for a street price of $1,699. Can you provide some figures to document that "it didn’t sell until Canon dropped it to $1200?"
  4. U

It strikes me from the specs, and the nearly 20 pages of discussion, that this might be a video camera that can shoot stills, rather than a stills camera that can shoot video.
  5. U

There was nothing weak about it. If I honestly thought you were willing to learn, I would be more than happy to engage in a discussion. But, it is quite clear that you are solidly in the "don't confuse me with the facts" camp.
  6. U

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Even if, as it is in your case, that opinion is spectacularly wrong.
  7. U

There none as blind as those who will not see.
  8. U

I think you may not be familiar with a lot of photographers who are artists. Edward Weston, Jerry Uelsmann, Andreas Gursky, Minor White, Stephen Shore and Jeff Wall are just a few that come to mind who are or were excellent craftsmen and also world class artists.
  9. U

You just described all the great photographers whose work hangs in galleries around the world.
  10. U

I assume you mean that's on your wish list. I'm guessing instead we will get the new 1Dx III filter in most new Canon releases.
  11. U

Sure, but that's why I'm a more than a little perplexed by all the folks who are acting like they just got invited upstairs by Margot Robbie.
  12. U

At the risk of being seriously abused, what is about these specs that is making so many people excited? (Listing only the CR3 specs) Named the Canon EOS R5 45mp full-frame CMOS sensor IBIS 12fps mechanical, 20fps electronic 8K @ 30fps RAW 4K @ 120fps Built-in 5GHz WiFi New battery, but the...
  13. U

July ship date? That's a really long lead time. Sounds like this is a development announcement. The specs sound interesting, but without having the camera in the hands of reviewers, it's impossible to know the things that I consider important -- like autofocus, ergonomics and sensor performance.
  14. U

Canon EOS RS Specifications? [CR1]

For what it's worth, my experience echoes yours. Things get even more problematic when there is more than one person in the scene. I've found that the eye AF tends to just take a stroll around the frame, randomly stopping on things. I think it has a lot of potential, but it still has a lot of...
  15. U

You may not have meant it in this way, but the idea that everyone should "just buy a longer lens" comes across as a bit of an arrogant one-percenter comment. It implies that only people who can afford $7,000+ lenses have the right to enjoy nature and wildlife photography. I'm totally sympathetic...
  16. U

The funny thing is, these specs don't even interest me. 45mp (One source said 40mp) – Sounds good, but I'm more interested in how the sensor performs at ISO 1600 to 6400 IBIS 5 stops with IBIS alone 7-8 stops of correction when used with in-lens stabilization - I'm pretty much uninterested in...
  17. U

I suspect that the finger swipe is the new standard for mirrorless and that we will need to adapt to it. Or, use a DSLR.
  18. U

Plus, this would need a vastly improved autofocus system to take advantage of the rumored specs. So, you'd have to add into it a 1Dx III-style autofocus. Pushing the price up even more. I threw it out there for discussion, but I agree, it doesn't make sense because of the price point. More...
  19. U

I tend to agree that this is a bunch of baloney. How could a "source" know that the battery is new, but looks like the LP-E6 and not be able to tell if the model is "5" or "S." If you've been close enough to see the battery, how could you not have been close enough to see the model number...
  20. U

Review: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III real world sports review

I have found the eye focus works great if you are shooting one subject. However, if you have a group of people and are trying to select just one (as in sports) it tends to move around picking different subjects. Other's may disagree, but that's my experience.