Search results

1. funkboy

Apple product photographer shares his lighting setup & workflow

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/8/4311868/the-illusion-of-simplicity-photographer-peter-belanger-on-shooting Great article. All I need to say is .
  2. funkboy

D600 vs. leaked 6D specs: a comparison

In response to the folks here repeating that the D600 beats the 6D, here's a feature comparison that applies to the kind of photography I do, which is a mix of travel, landscapes, & weddings (usually as a backup photog). For other folks it's surely different but here's my take: 20mp vs 24mp...
  3. funkboy

The next EF-mount camera: the iPhone 5

This is just brilliant: LEAKED Official Apple iPhone 5 Promo Video - Keynote 2012
  4. funkboy

Revolutionizing the kit zoom

I've been musing a lot about lenses lately, & I've a hypothetical question for the lens design experts out there: What would a wide-aperture EF-s kit zoom look like? The idea is to introduce the consumer to the concept of wide-aperture lenses like we had in the days when the 50mm f/1.8 prime...
  5. funkboy

New transparent mirror patent on photorumors.com

here's the link The idea is that an EF-s lens would really cram the rear element up inside this thing. I don't fully understand the implications of the patent, but the mirror element may actually serve to shorten the registration distance slightly. If that's the case then the design is a...