1. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Dont know either, but the Bird is obviously very heavy! Cheers Brian
  2. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks Jack.
  3. B

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Nat_WA, we have been to Lauersoog too, but that was a few weeks earlier. We sat on the Banks of the inland Lake and watched a flock of birds go past, it took them over an hour to pass us by. Turns out they were all Cormorants. I've never seen that many at once. If you have any other tips they...
  4. B

Northern Pintail (?) by Diane and Brian Dorling, auf Flickr
  5. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Ever seen a group of Common Mergansers acting as a team to "herd" fish into a corner where they can be picked off more easily? I hadn't until I visited the Lago Maggiore a few weeks ago. I also put thos pics into a Flickr album FWIW: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmrkM9Ct Other Birds tried to put up a...
  6. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Shake! by Diane and Brian Dorling, auf Flickr Cheers Brian
  7. B

IN fact there is a whole Flickr Album here with shots from that trip: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmnkbbP3 In case anyone is interested...... Cheers Brian
  8. B

Oyster Catchers by Diane and Brian Dorling, auf Flickr
  9. B

Starling by Diane and Brian Dorling, auf Flickr
  10. B

Grey Heron by Diane and Brian Dorling, auf Flickr
  11. B

There were a few Herons around: Heron Take-Off by Diane and Brian Dorling, auf Flickr
  12. B

Hi, I just managed to spend a few weeks in or near the "Wattenmeer" National Park (I've heard it called the "Wadden Sea" in English), which stretched from Holland to Denmark. Well worth a visit, and we will be going back. So I just wanted to post a few of the better shots that I took: Grey Heron...
  13. B

Butterflies, Moths and Assorted Insects...

Thanks everyone, EF 100 f/2.8 IS USM, the standard one I guess, with a 25mm extension Tube. Cheers
  14. B

Hummingbird Hawk Moth by Diane and Brian Dorling, auf Flickr Cheers Brian
  15. B

Hummingbird Hawk Moth by Diane and Brian Dorling, auf Flickr. Cheers Brian
  16. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Hi Keith, Thanks 100-400: I know, I have that Lens too. Cheers Brian
  17. B

Common Buzzard, Buteo Buteo. My neighbour is a taxidermist and knows these things. I do not! Apparently there is almost no limit to the colouring of them around here. Cheers Brian
  18. B

Marsh Harrier Attack by Diane and Brian Dorling, auf Flickr Part of a sequence of shots of a Buzzard sat on a post being constantly buzzed by a Marsh Harrier female. Maybe she has a nest nearby? Cheers Brian
  19. B

Yes of course, plenty of time to do that! I hope you are joking.... Cheers Brian
  20. B

Show your Bird Portraits

I too have to say that there are so many great shots here I would not like to miss anyone's work out so keep the fabulous shots coming everyone. It keeps me on my toes and trying to achieve better results all the time. It also shows me what certain equipment combinations can achieve, and that...