Search results

1. K

5d3 Buttons not working

Some info before I get into my problem: I have the 1.0.7 firmware on a 5d3 with an attached canon battery grip with two canon batteries. Just shot last night in a lightning storm, with light to moderate rain with the Rokinon 14mm. Not an issue, dried the camera off and everything once I was...
  2. K

What to get?

I sold my 3 strobes with battery packs to fund purchase of flash units instead, but not sure what to get. I shoot weddings and portraits and would like a flash on a stand and another one for on camera use as well but only have 500-750 to spend on everything. Can anyone help me find a suitable...
  3. K

1964 Leica m3 with 50 and 90

How much do you think a combo like that would sell for? That is all the technical information I have on the gear, a Leica m3 paired with a 50mm and 90mm 2.8. Thoughts? I haven't been able to get any serial numbers and I have tried ebay with no luck really.
  4. K

New Tripod (Help me spend my money)

Hello, I currently have a Manfrotto 3 second tripod with joystick head (terrible combination, doesnt' even hold the weight of my 5d3 and grip. I recently had it blown over by the wind and now I need to send my 16-35 in for repair. I'd like to get a new tripod, I think my current budget...
  5. K

Help shopping for a powershot/p&s

Hello, My sister wants to buy a camera and she's on a budget and seems to reject my advice of getting a used 20d on craigslist for 200$ and investing into a lens and such, and I don't know all that much about the market for point and shoots out there. I am wondering if anyone can advise me on...
  6. K

5d3 banding and checkerboard

I'm having a problem. I went out shooting tonight on my 5d3, 16-35 and shot 270 shots and stacked them of the stars. I batched out low res the first time and stacked using startrails and got this checkerboard pattern at 100%. I re-batched full res copies out using LR4.1 and stacked manually...
  7. K

5d Classic Problem (??)

Hey, So I've had my 5d for about a year. I bought it last year used and everythings been working out great. Great camera and everything. Until recently (last Saturday) I haven't had any problems with it. It now gives me about 5 seconds before a photo appears on the screen itself after it...
  8. K

Canon Loyalty Program

Does anyone know about the canon loyalty program? I haven't been able to find out any information about this program. I have a 5d that I've been using for almost a year now, and I'd like to replace it with the 5d2 sometime in the future, but not sure if I can upgrade. Does this program...