Search results

1. shawn

Patent: Canon RF 135mm f/1.4L USM

This could be a sign that an f/2 zoom in this range is on the horizon. An f/2 zoom in the 70-150mm range would be preferable to an 135 f/2 prime most of the time. Especially with how good Canon's RF 28-70mm is. So if they're going to do a 135mm prime an aperture of f/1.4 makes sense.
  2. shawn

Potential Canon EOS R Mark II specifications [CR1]

If these are the specs I’m buying two of them.
  3. shawn

Industry News: Lots of new gear from Nikon will be announced shortly

Nice shot! And exactly my point. For $3,000 USD you can get the Sigma lens new. I just don’t see how Nikon can justify the $10,000 price point. They’re putting themselves out of business with this pricing.... not to say Canon isn’t doing a little bit of the same.
  4. shawn

Looks like they conceded to Canon’s RF 70-200 by pricing it $300 lower. Either the Nikon is not as good, or it’s big and heavy like all the other 70-200’s. I suspect it’s a little bit of both.
  5. shawn

How is a 120-300 that costs $10,000 awesome??? That is exactly the kind of lens nobody will buy. I’ll give it this though, it makes the Canon 300 f/2.8 look like a deal.
  6. shawn

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Summary

90% of the people complaining wouldn't buy this camera anyway. If you really NEED 4k RAW output because the production is costing hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars and you need every guarantee that your footage is golden then please tell me why you didn't hire a professional focus...
  7. shawn

Patent: Canon RF 24-300mm f/4-5.6

I agree. I would take extra reach over wider angle of view on any and all conceivable trips. If I want a really wide shot I prefer to shoot a panorama at a narrower focal length as it has a much more natural look.
  8. shawn

Patent: Canon RF 24-300mm f/4-5.6

The 24-240 is fine when corrected. I can only imagine this new lens is much larger which makes it less of consumer zoom.
  9. shawn

Most rented photography & videography gear of 2019 according to Lensrentals

It’s insane that Sony is as popular as they are, but if the soon to be released EOS R mk II is as good as it should be... there will be nowhere for the Sony fan boys to hide. Canon will turn back the Sony onslaught once and for all.
  10. shawn

SIGMA to address their RF mount plans in early 2020 [CR2]

Its sad that reviewers don't do basic research before jumping to conclusions.
  11. shawn

I liked it when I used it for the first few months I had it. Now when I look back on my images I see that it's not that great. My style of shooting has kind of evolved and my eye has gotten more critical. I find that Canon glass requires a lot less post processing to get the look I want, even...
  12. shawn

Sigma is going to have to keep their lenses cheap as chips for RF or they won't sell. I honestly prefer the IQ of my RF 24-240mm over my Sigma 85 Art. If Sigma is that far behind in IQ they're not gonna sell anything unless its cheap.
  13. shawn

First Looks at Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM Lens Image Quality

I don't 100% trust any reviews or sites where they presume to be testing the resolving power of the lens. Simply put, resolving power is too complicated to test accurately. These sites can give you a general idea of how a lens will perform. Kind of a black and white is it good or bad. One...
  14. shawn

Images and specifications for the upcoming RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS & DM-E100

It means they can make a better lens for less money. How is that bad?
  15. shawn

Images and specifications for the upcoming RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS & DM-E100

What is a smiley supposed to mean in the context of calling something a scheme? Canon is trying to offer a product that competes well in a saturated market. What do you want them to do, give it away for free?
  16. shawn

I can appreciate that people are used to internally zooming 70-200's, as even the 3rd party ones are internal zooming, but I think this is actually a better solution for 90% of photographers. I have the Tamron 70-200 G2 and while it is a great lens it is freaking heavy and I often choose not...
  17. shawn

My info is from a discussion on Dpreview.com... cant validate its truthiness. However I have also read that it is entirely possible for a lens to focus breath longer than its infinity focal length. Im still not convinced either way!
  18. shawn

Actually the old lens focus breathes the opposite direction and is 270mm at minimum focus distance. So this lens is probably closer to 200 than it looks on paper.
  19. shawn

I have the 28-70 RF and it is telescoping. It only has the smallest amount of wiggle when fully extended. You can't see it move but you can feel a faint click. I have no worries about it or the upcoming 70-200. I can only say I am excited for this new lens!
  20. shawn

Let's trust in Canon engineering. I'm sure they have thought of that fact that particles of dust or water vapor can be sucked into their premier telephoto zoom.