Search results

1. J

What’s next from Canon in 2020?

I'm confused about the R3 nomenclature speculation. Did Canon have a '3' numbered DSLR as well in the past?
  2. J

Patent: IBIS appears in EOS M and PowerShot cameras

Precisely why I had bought mine after falling in love with the 80D sensor.
  3. J

Patent: IBIS appears in EOS M and PowerShot cameras

I highly doubt an M50 segment camera would get IBIS.
  4. J

Here are a couple of Canon EOS M6 Mark II reviews

Always great to dream, but I seriously doubt Canon would put IBIS in an M5ii body. Not only is the space too small, the LP-E17 would not be able to handle the power demands. Having said that, I definitely would like an M5ii.
  5. J

Here are a couple of Canon EOS M6 Mark II reviews

I so agree with the last part. I love my little M5 and aside from accepting the lack of dual cards, I would definitely buy an M5ii. The AF-On button is a game changer apart from the speed an AF. I'll keep my Fujis purely for video then unless its a big event and I can't risk shooting to just one...
  6. J

Canon Third Quarter 2019 Financials

I really hope they reconsider and release an M5ii. Really love my M5 and personally can't do without a viewfinder. One of the best grips in it's segment too this and the M6 bodies. Wish my X-T2 had a similar grip for times when I can do without my X-H1.
  7. J

Here’s the upcoming Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM zooming in and out

Ok so if we're being realistic, I've seen prime lenses with more dust inside them than a zoom lens that extends. You either take care of your gear while still taking them out to play OR you don't. Like a fool I once ended up buying a used 85 1.8 that has a ton of specks inside and I usually...
  8. J

I second the opinion about ISO. Just came back from a kid's bday event (a challenge in itself with 2-6 year olds..hhehe the munchkins made me work for my images..bless them) I was more focused on reducing ISO and balancing my flash output at high speed sync when they were jumping and running...
  9. J

Or if they decide to make this a Red ringed DO lens.
  10. J

Canon to add 24p recording to the Canon EOS 90D, Canon EOS RP & Canon EOS M6 Mark II

Since Canon and Controversy go together like two peas in a pod lately, I'd like to say, they did this just so that they could come back and say, 'look, we provide functionality improving firmware updates too.' :)
  11. J

Canon to announce EOS-1D X equivalent EOS R system camera in 2021?

Oh ok! I wasn't aware it was called a thumbdrive. Definitely seen those with Dad and relatives as a kid. Thank you for clarifying.:)
  12. J

I I don't know the lenses you ha d bought but I would say they were a bigger factor in the low light performance of your T3i but there's a ton of stuff for us to learn in lighting anyway. Definitely a full frame sensor has advantages over a crop sensor in low light, but I'd bet good money that...
  13. J

Thank you for this and I'm also quite disappointed at his comments about India. Some of the best manufacturing at scale happens in India. We have some major companies in the auto sector who manufacture their world market vehicles in India and just recently managed to have a pretty historic if...
  14. J

That That would cost a bomb then.:P
  15. J

Hopefully you might even get some used RF glass options by then.
  16. J

We’ve received the pricing for the new RF lenses

100% agree and pretty much do the same. I don't drive as public transportation is incredibly good in Dubai, I'm not a full time photographer/videographer, I don't go shopping for clothes and o don't done out or go out to meet people at a pub cause drinking doesn't make logical sense to me. I...
  17. J

More than indecisive, I think you're sane like most of us brother. It's an expensive undertaking, this moving to mirrorless business, whether within the same brand or not.
  18. J

The only way you can reduce weight is by moving to APS-C and there's only one manufacturer you can do that with currently unless you consider M4/3rds as well. Unfortunately, that's the nature of the beast.